Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still only on my iPhone fir updates as my computer is downstairs. I can read your posts but not reply to specific ones easily.

I am four days post-op and on a combo liquid/pureed diet. I do like my Isopure zero carb shakes but can only do a half portion at a time right now. I sometimes add cinnamon or PB2 powder (google it-low fat peanut powder that is very tasty!)

Tonight I had 1 oz pureed chicken and 1/3 cup chocolate banana tofu pudding. Yum! Recipe: 1 pkg silken tofu, 1/3 c cocoa powder, one small banana and 2t vanilla all in the blender until mixed. I can't have dairy so yogurt and sugar free pudding aren't on my list of options.

Ended up at the doctor today for urinary tract infection. After first dose of meds, symptoms are relieved.

I'm finding it much less painful to walk and the gas continues to pass every time I get moving.

On my way to health and a size 12!

I even went without Tylenol mist of today.

anyone know when the swelling will go down so we can wear normal clothes and not look pregnant??

I was banded two days ago and I'm wearing my normal clothes. I'm not noticing a pregnant look.

Ahhh, it is the Tomato soup....tomatoes are too much acid for your stomach. My doctor says no tomatoes or other high acid fruits and veggies.

forever? or just until completely healed?

Day 2 update--well i feel a lil better than yesterday. I have had no nausea at all today. I didnt take pain meds until late yesterday and today i took them every 4 hrs. I was always in pain by the 4 hr mark. Shoulder pain comes and goes. Gas has moved to other places too. Its like i have to burp but nothing comes up. I hope im walking enough. It hurts getting up and down. I can sleep ok. I sleep better on the bed than the recliner. I havent had that "oh crap what did i do" moment. I am just ready to be healed. Dh is wonderful. Hes been keeping up with the house and kids. Funny, considering this man did NOT agree with this at first. I hope I continue to make healing progress. I hope we all do. Lets just all follow our drs orders. We are on our way to a healthy life.

J

forever? or just until completely healed?

Just till completely healed :)

I was banded two days ago and I'm wearing my normal clothes. I'm not noticing a pregnant look.

Must be nice! I actually took a picture and sent it to a few people telling them "this is how I'd look if I was 6 months pregnant!" I measured my waist before I went to the hospital yesterday. Today it is 9 inches bigger! I'm hoping that now that the gas is moving (embarrassing!) it will start to go down. I have also gained 4 pounds which seems weird since all I have managed to eat in the past 48 hours was a sugar free Jello cup and a cup of broth. Guess it's all the IV fluids still hanging around. I am able to tolerate liquids well so at least I am getting in all of my Water.< /p>

Hi Steph,

At the hospital they weighed me in at 252 before surgery, then after surgery when I got to the hospital room, they rolled the scale and I weighed at 258. My stomach grew then next day and seem to swell up really big. It was also hard and sore. That was 10 days ago. I still have swelling and my tummy is distorted with swelling around the longer incision for the port. I'm excited about my doctor's appt next Wednesday to get these staples out! I guess the doctor's offices don't tell us what to expect or we might not get the surgery. It amazes me that some people have lap band and don't even have pain.

Must be nice! I actually took a picture and sent it to a few people telling them "this is how I'd look if I was 6 months pregnant!" I measured my waist before I went to the hospital yesterday. Today it is 9 inches bigger! I'm hoping that now that the gas is moving (embarrassing!) it will start to go down. I have also gained 4 pounds which seems weird since all I have managed to eat in the past 48 hours was a sugar free Jello cup and a cup of broth. Guess it's all the IV fluids still hanging around. I am able to tolerate liquids well so at least I am getting in all of my Water.< /p>

Question......I have this one area on my stomach about 3x3 inches that is totally numb - no feeling at all. Anyone else experience this?

I havent had that "oh crap what did i do" moment. I am just ready to be healed... I hope I continue to make healing progress. I hope we all do. Lets just all follow our drs orders. We are on our way to a healthy life.

J

I'm so happy for you!!!

Keep up the healing!! =)

hip-hip-horray!!

I'm giving everyone here a mental long distance hug!

Question......I have this one area on my stomach about 3x3 inches that is totally numb - no feeling at all. Anyone else experience this?

Yeah I do by my big incision. It is from where they cut through the nerves and it takes a little while for the nerves to heal hence the numb feeling. It will heal. I had thhe same thing when I had my gallbladder out :)

Hi all! I was banded yesterday & reeeeally feeling these horrible gas pains I've heard so much about! I've been using the Gas-x strips & trying to walk as much as possible, but still NOTHING! I've never wanted to burp or pass gas more in my entire life! (sexy, I know) sleeping has been tough. I cant sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time or even just sit & relax. Its only day 1 though, so I know it may get worse. I keep telling myself that this pain & uncomfort is a small price to pay for health & happiness :)

I had the weight gain. I was frustrated yesterday morning about that...but this morning it is gone plus two more pounds! How many days post op are you?

I had that feeling right after surgery around my belly button. It is getting better and the ability to feel is returning.

Hi all! I was banded yesterday & reeeeally feeling these horrible gas pains I've heard so much about! I've been using the Gas-x strips & trying to walk as much as possible, but still NOTHING! I've never wanted to burp or pass gas more in my entire life! (sexy, I know) sleeping has been tough. I cant sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time or even just sit & relax. Its only day 1 though, so I know it may get worse. I keep telling myself that this pain & uncomfort is a small price to pay for health & happiness :)

That was biggest complaint too. I started on the GasX yesterday and this morning it is MUCH better. Hang in there. It will pass (no pun intended).

I had the weight gain. I was frustrated yesterday morning about that...but this morning it is gone plus two more pounds! How many days post op are you?

I was banded on Thursday. I didn't expect to be losing weight during this period, as my body heals, but wasn't expecting to gain. I know it's got to be from Fluid retention, but still!