Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband surgery on this past Thursday. I did good with Clear Liquids after, hot and cold. I started Full liquids today and had pureed mushroom Soup, vanilla yogurt and cream of wheat. I didn't have any problems there either. I'm excited for Thursday to get here so I can start with pureed foods. I have brusing near my biggest incision and haven't had to use the pain killers since 14 hours ago. I think I'm doing good, I have a lo to lose (Over 200 lbs). Keeping my fingers crossed I keep recovering well!

Had my Pre-Op on Thursday 9/22 and surgery is scheduled for Tuesday 9/27! I have to call today to find out what time, assuming my pre-op tests were fine. Yeah US!

Try some sweetener and vanilla. My Mom maded it with sugar and vanilla when we were kids. What kind of shake are you drinking. I HATE the ones mixed with milk. My fav is unflavored powder and the crystal light pur lemonaid.

I put some splenda and cinnamon. Even though i need to make it soupy, it still makes me feel like i'm eating something..........somewhat........ :)

Congratulations.

Had my Pre-Op on Thursday 9/22 and surgery is scheduled for Tuesday 9/27! I have to call today to find out what time, assuming my pre-op tests were fine. Yeah US!

Hey I'm the 27th as well. I'm feeling a little anxious today. I have a lot of work to do today & them off for two weeks. Hopefully that will distract me today.

Good luck to you!

Lisa

Have you tried adding dry non-fat milk powder to your "Foods"?

Its an extra boost of Protein and it adds some creaminess flavor!

hmm, will have to check that out! tx

Had my last visit with Doc before surgery and asked for a Rx to fill before surgery (( On Sept 30! 4 more days!! ))

but she told me that they didn't normally give Rx for pain or nausea since it rarely occurs.

That was just weird considering all of the posts on here about pain, nausea and gas.

Got some Gas X strips

liquid Tylenol

witch hazel (for itchiness of stitches)

a pill crusher (for regular meds)

a pill split-er

and Gummy vitamins!

need to get an ice tray to freeze soup/juice portions

and disposable shot glasses so my portions look like 2 oz instead of 1oz!

laugh.gif

When i sat down with the nutritionist and program coordinator to get instructions (a week before surgery), i got rx's for pepsid and for lortab (pain). That way i was able to fill and take them when i got home. I didn't get anything for naussea in advance. Got something at the hospital in my IV and that was it.

Bring a pillow for your ride home to put between your stomach and the seat belt. It helps cushion the area especially around bumps and potholes.

good luck to you! ;)

Morning of day 5--wow!! Woke up feeling great. The gas is still there but greatly improved. Pain is pretty much the same-only pain at the port incision. Diahrrea is getting better. I feel so good i could prolly even go back to work today. But i wont. Hehehe. My goal today is to get in all my Protein in and do better with my liquids.

J

Banded 9/22

Try some sweetener and vanilla. My Mom maded it with sugar and vanilla when we were kids. What kind of shake are you drinking. I HATE the ones mixed with milk. My fav is unflavored powder and the crystal light pur lemonaid.

The shakes i'm drinking is Nutra-Bio chocolate and vanilla. Haven tried the unflavored but need to get through those first cuz they are 5lb can!! The morning shake is fine for me because i'm usually not hungry in the mornings. The second and especially the third are what make me sick and gag........i'm sick of them and i'm hungry. I would do away with at least one of them and have something else instead but i'm afraid won't get the 60g Protein a day that i'm supposed to have.

Ok July Bandsters was a great success and I was so thrilled to watch everyone's progress and immediate results that I thought we should start a thread for September Bandsters to share

I'm excited and yet apprehensive at the same time as I'm sure eveyrone has been. I start my presurgery diet next week (high Protein, low carb). I was only 37 BMI so they told me to hold off until I got approval! On September 7 is my preop. I also think that's the day I start the preop liquid diet?

Feel free to add yourself and we'll keep track together!

Winifred Sept 17

I am a september bandster and i get my surgery tomorrow.i about the support thing.. we all need it

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Trying to get my legs back under me! I went from liquids from Monday to Weds to clear liquids, full liquids on Thursday including Protein Shakes, on Saturday, soft foods, ( low carb so not even Soups at this point. scrambled eggs and Protein shakes and continue sugar free Jello and popsicles). Am able to do 2 scrambled eggs and be full. Like the EAS chocolate fudge ready made shakes but only getting one to one and a half down a day. Drinking plenty of Water with crystal light and am not worrying if I don't get it all down, as long as I stay hydrated. Gas off and on. Small bm once I went to proteing shakes, but not much as my system was so empty.

Back to work today, first two and a half hours were rough, but put my nose to work and am actually feeling better the more I move around and work. Though I suspect I will be tired by the end of the day! I ate half a portion of scrambled eggs from McD and 1/4 of a piece of sausage cut into really small pieces and have been sipping my diet coke (hurrah no problems with that!) this am. I expect to move to water and crystal light this afternoon. Am hoping to eat a small portion of green Beans and finely ground beef for lunch. A really tired of proteing shakes so I can imagine how you all feel with a diet that is 3 weeks of shakes, though I have to say, it has been a different alternative than I thought.

I haven't really had much pain at all since about wednesday all fixed with advil and haven't had to crush pills or anything to take them. although if I take all my pills together I am not hungry at all for anything else for a while! LOL.

I agree with you that easy peasy hasn't exactly been the description I would have used, but in looking back except for those first few hours of pain and a little dry heaving, the first night, it's been tolerable. I do find myself more tired than I thought and would like to feel more energetic - maybe it's just a few more days for me........

One thing you can say, this site has been good for feeling more comfortable with things that have occurred and asking questions than freaking out if something weird happens and not knowing where to turn. I bet the doctors appreciate this site because we don't bother them as much with all our weird questions! Tomorrow I have my post op appointment so I hope to get my bandages off, etc.

I hope this has helped answer the questions in the last few days about what to expect.

On friday, I"ll create a group for September Bandsters in post op so that we can all Celebrate and move over to the post op page together and keep supporting each other!

Good luck to all being banded this week!

Oh and I forgot! I had lost 10lbs as of my surgery day on the preop diet and have lost another 8. I'm not expecting it to last, and think that might be temporary, but I'll take what I can get!

Good Luck, I know you will do well! Let us know how it goes!

I am a september bandster and i get my surgery tomorrow.i about the support thing.. we all need it

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Trying to get my legs back under me! I went from liquids from Monday to Weds to clear liquids, full liquids on Thursday including Protein Shakes, on Saturday, soft foods, ( low carb so not even Soups at this point. scrambled eggs and Protein shakes and continue sugar free Jello and popsicles). Am able to do 2 scrambled eggs and be full. Like the EAS chocolate fudge ready made shakes but only getting one to one and a half down a day. Drinking plenty of Water with crystal light and am not worrying if I don't get it all down, as long as I stay hydrated. Gas off and on. Small bm once I went to proteing shakes, but not much as my system was so empty.

Back to work today, first two and a half hours were rough, but put my nose to work and am actually feeling better the more I move around and work. Though I suspect I will be tired by the end of the day! I ate half a portion of scrambled eggs from McD and 1/4 of a piece of sausage cut into really small pieces and have been sipping my diet coke (hurrah no problems with that!) this am. I expect to move to water and crystal light this afternoon. Am hoping to eat a small portion of green Beans and finely ground beef for lunch. A really tired of proteing shakes so I can imagine how you all feel with a diet that is 3 weeks of shakes, though I have to say, it has been a different alternative than I thought.

I haven't really had much pain at all since about wednesday all fixed with advil and haven't had to crush pills or anything to take them. although if I take all my pills together I am not hungry at all for anything else for a while! LOL.

I agree with you that easy peasy hasn't exactly been the description I would have used, but in looking back except for those first few hours of pain and a little dry heaving, the first night, it's been tolerable. I do find myself more tired than I thought and would like to feel more energetic - maybe it's just a few more days for me........

One thing you can say, this site has been good for feeling more comfortable with things that have occurred and asking questions than freaking out if something weird happens and not knowing where to turn. I bet the doctors appreciate this site because we don't bother them as much with all our weird questions! Tomorrow I have my post op appointment so I hope to get my bandages off, etc.

I hope this has helped answer the questions in the last few days about what to expect.

On friday, I"ll create a group for September Bandsters in post op so that we can all Celebrate and move over to the post op page together and keep supporting each other!

Good luck to all being banded this week!

Oh and I forgot! I had lost 10lbs as of my surgery day on the preop diet and have lost another 8. I'm not expecting it to last, and think that might be temporary, but I'll take what I can get!

I noticed there is already a Sept 11 bandsters group in the Post Op section.

Sounds like you are doing great.

I'm venturing out to the gym today to try the treadmill. Since I'm off narcotics now I can try a short drive.

Good I'll have to check it out. You are ready to go if you are ready for the treadmill!

I noticed there is already a Sept 11 bandsters group in the Post Op section.

Sounds like you are doing great.

I'm venturing out to the gym today to try the treadmill. Since I'm off narcotics now I can try a short drive.