Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

could be real heartburn I suppose. I jsut never usually get it so I didn't think that was it! lol I don't even like Tomato Soup, but ate it because it was the only thing liquid at our work lunchoen. I will hope that it is and it goes away on its own. I gues I'll chunk the rest of the Soup ! My doc never said anything about no Tomato Soup, but since yours did I'm sure there is a reason for it. Thanks for your input everyone. i just don't know what I'm suppose to even be feeling yet so anything out of the ordinary if freakin me out alittle.

I totally agree about anything out of the ordinary freaking you out. I am right there with you.

I get that feeling in my chest too when i drink. I called

My drs ofc and nurse said it was from swelling.

I totally agree about anything out of the ordinary freaking you out. I am right there with you.

I agree as well. I have no idea what to expect any time i put something in my mouth (water, liquids, vitamins). With the gas pains, it's hard to decipher what is a full filling and what is actually gas. It's weird. I guess we'll be able to start feeling what restriction is supposed to feel like once we're on normal foods.

I get that feeling in my chest too when i drink. I called

My drs ofc and nurse said it was from swelling.

thanks. Thats good to know. :)

anyone know when the swelling will go down so we can wear normal clothes and not look pregnant??

I actually get a sharp pain in my left shoulder sometimes when drinking. Think maybe I'm drinking to fast, I'm slowing down but how slow can you drink Water?

I had surgery on Sept 12th. My MD says I can start solids on Oct. 8th so I guess pureed is OK now. I was just there but forgot to ask and the're gone now for the weekend. I got this great book for my Kindle and am getting anxious to try some recipes but want to be sure I don't screw anything up. In the book this woman had the Lap Band in 2003 and explains every recipe for what surgery you had. Informative book and in the book she starts the pureed at 1 week but has quite a few that are not recommended for bandsters till week 4. Any one tried different foods yet? The book is Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery I noticed a few others mentioned on here too. It's so nice that people are realizing how many are having this type of surgery and are helping us make it easier for us to travel this Fantastic, Whirlwind of a Journey on our way to a New Healthy Lifestyle.rolleyes.gif

When was your surgery? Mine was the 14th of Sept and I'm still about 4 months ! laugh.gif

anyone know when the swelling will go down so we can wear normal clothes and not look pregnant??

Ahhh, it is the Tomato soup....tomatoes are too much acid for your stomach. My doctor says no tomatoes or other high acid fruits and veggies.

yes I meant drinking... i had Tomato Soup at lunch and only ate about 1 oz, but have drank Water since then. Maybe I drank my Water too fast. i'll be on liquids until wed and then puree for a week then soft foods for a week. - so sounds like my doc is right in line with yours

I am 10 days post op and the swelling has started going down slowly. Went to my PCP for following my surgeon recommended and from the day of surgery to today - since10 days I've am 9+ lbs down!!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed 243 and my goal when I go next week on Wednesday - 12 weeks post op is to hit below 240. I think that might happen!!

Make sure you are clear about how long for Clear Liquids and when can you go to full liquids. I was confused and was still doing clear when I could have been doing full. That stunk, lol.

My Doc has be doing a clear liquid diet 2 days before surgery

the bowel prep two days before as well and then Clear Liquids for two weeks after surgery.

He said no milk or soy milk for the 2 day liquid diet pre op because i would have to clear my belly out again since milk and soy turn cheese-ish while being digested.

After two weeks on clear liquids i can transition to full liquids.

fourth week is for soft purees and mushies! yummers!

Someone told me to take the melting prev acid the morning of or the night before surgery to counter balance the gas pain.

Don't know if it will be ok, so i will ask my doc!

OH No Tomato Soup was the one receipe I wanted to make it is with yogurt.

Ahhh, it is the Tomato soup....tomatoes are too much acid for your stomach. My doctor says no tomatoes or other high acid fruits and veggies.

My Doc has be doing a clear liquid diet 2 days before surgery

the bowel prep two days before as well and then clear liquids for two weeks after surgery.

He said no milk or soy milk for the 2 day liquid diet pre op because i would have to clear my belly out again since milk and soy turn cheese-ish while being digested.

After two weeks on clear liquids i can transition to full liquids.

fourth week is for soft purees and mushies! yummers!

Someone told me to take the melting prev acid the morning of or the night before surgery to counter balance the gas pain.

Don't know if it will be ok, so i will ask my doc!

When I had my surgery they had liquid prevacid going in my IV. When I left the hospital they gave me a 3 month supply of Nexium (I don't have reflux) to help with the healing in the stomach. They didn't say how long I have to take it but I am going to check on Tues when I have my post op. Long story short, your dr may give you some sort of meds like prevacid or nexium..... That bowel prep was no joke!!!

OH No Tomato Soup was the one receipe I wanted to make it is with yogurt.

One cream Soup I want to make is cream of carrot. I thought that sounded so good! Yeah, you may want to wait on the Tomato soup :)

It is so crazy how different doctors have different views. Creamy Tomato Soup was the first thing on my list of OK foods to have right after clear liquids. In fact, that is just about all I had every day for a week and a half when I got off the clear. What is even more strange is the fact that before my surgery Tomato Soup would give me heartburn and I have not had any heartburn since the surgery. Even after drinking the soup twice a day for 10 days! I guess that just goes to show how everyone is different including our doctors. My surgeon and dietitian also told me that during the "healing period" I should still be losing 1 - 2 pounds a week. That is something else that is different from a lot of post I have read on here.

Yeah i hadnt heard about the high acid fruits and veggies. I got IV Nexium the morning of surgery but no rx. I did call (for the forth time) for some zofran... It made a world of difference! I kept down some Soup, a popsicle x 2 and some water... YEA! Different docs different philosophies. I love this sight for that reason so i can pull from all the suggestions here to optimize healing, wt loss, etc! Anyone started posting on the post op site yet??