Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Keep your eyes on the prize AlyGurl! You can do it, just make sure what you are burning in the gym isn't too different from what you are taking in, you don't want starvation mode or faintness...get that Protein in somehow!

Keep your eyes on the prize AlyGurl! You can do it, just make sure what you are burning in the gym isn't too different from what you are taking in, you don't want starvation mode or faintness...get that Protein in somehow!

Yeah, I tried to call my nutritionist today to ask about it bit I couldn't get through. :/ I'm trying to keep it balanced but I'm just not hungry!

Hey. Just wanted to stop and let all of you having surgery tomorrow (I think even a couple today) and in July that I'm proud of you for having the courage and I wish you all the best of luck! Mine's on the 15th and I'm pretty happy/worried/excited/hopeful/freaked out about it. biggrin.gif

Got got the email from my surgeon's office that they have all my test results in and I am ready to go!!!!! CRAP......am I ready to go? :blink: Why am I getting this feeling of dread? Could it be that I also started my official liquid diet today? I haven't been doing any "final" meals, but drinking Protein Drinks for Breakfast and lunch in order to get ready for the real thing.

Have a good day, Banders!!!

Lisa B

Yeah, I tried to call my nutritionist today to ask about it bit I couldn't get through. :/ I'm trying to keep it balanced but I'm just not hungry!

Okay gang, last day of the pre-op diet, then tomorrow!! I just want this over/begin with (as you all know what I mean).

I got on the scale today and it said 12lbs lighter. Whew! Thanks to my wonderful wife Pat for keeping me on track!

I'm ready rolleyes.gif

I'm willing blink.gif

and DAMMIT angry.gif

I AM ABLE!!! cool.gif

Hey. Just wanted to stop and let all of you having surgery tomorrow (I think even a couple today) and in July that I'm proud of you for having the courage and I wish you all the best of luck! Mine's on the 15th and I'm pretty happy/worried/excited/hopeful/freaked out about it. biggrin.gif

Ditto !

Thanks Shauna for the article link about H Pylori. I really don't like thinking that I have this stuff in my stomach! Yuck!

I will look for the Mio drink...thanks Lizzy2150 and MassMommyRebecca. I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand aspartame.

Also...good to know that omeprazole can be cut in half. I have ordered chewable Celebrate Vitamins because the Vitamins I take now are horse pills.

It was the gastroenterologist (sp?) that treated me that way...not my surgeon (thankfully).

QUESTION: I realize I shouldn't be asking about fills yet but it is bothering me. I have read a lot about them on here. Has anyone's surgeon talked about when you would get your first fill? I know it varies based on weight loss and sensation. I just wondering if anyone was told when they would get a fill already.

Hey Everyone!

Another Lisa here being banded on July 13th!! I can't wait!!

last day of pre-op diet, getting major jitters about surgery tommorrow and worried about taking care of my kids, even though i have help...also, stressed about the whole nursing thing, trying to pump for my son who is 11 months, but have never been successful with that as much as direct nursing (which i won't be able to do until nighttime)...fearing that i am getting this done and still won't reach my goals yet again...a lot of mixed emotions, but i know in my gut somewhere (that will hopefully be gone soon :)) that is what i want to do!

Yes - when I went to my pre-op appt with the surgeon earlier this week, they scheduled a post op check with the surgeon and also my first fill (in August sometime). Just remember - it is your body - if you don't want a fill, you don't have to get one :) The company I picked covers fills for the first year - however frequent or infrequent they are needed.

Thanks Shauna for the article link about H Pylori. I really don't like thinking that I have this stuff in my stomach! Yuck!

I will look for the Mio drink...thanks Lizzy2150 and MassMommyRebecca. I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand aspartame.

Also...good to know that omeprazole can be cut in half. I have ordered chewable Celebrate Vitamins because the Vitamins I take now are horse pills.

It was the gastroenterologist (sp?) that treated me that way...not my surgeon (thankfully).

QUESTION: I realize I shouldn't be asking about fills yet but it is bothering me. I have read a lot about them on here. Has anyone's surgeon talked about when you would get your first fill? I know it varies based on weight loss and sensation. I just wondering if anyone was told when they would get a fill already.

Alrighty, folks. I made 7 flavors of sugar free Jello and I'm ready to rock and roll. My dad arrives later today and he'll stay with me for a few days following surgery.:D

I picked up some Pyrex brand glass custard cups with lids, so those will be great as small bowls!! I found them at Walmart.< /p>

You will do great! Best of luck tomorrow!

last day of pre-op diet, getting major jitters about surgery tommorrow and worried about taking care of my kids, even though i have help...also, stressed about the whole nursing thing, trying to pump for my son who is 11 months, but have never been successful with that as much as direct nursing (which i won't be able to do until nighttime)...fearing that i am getting this done and still won't reach my goals yet again...a lot of mixed emotions, but i know in my gut somewhere (that will hopefully be gone soon :)) that is what i want to do!

Let's send out good thoughts and prayers (if that's your thing) to Nechama today...it's the first day of the rest of her new life!

Merlina,

My first fill is 6 weeks out...I've heard of them being done as early as 4 weeks out, but it depends on your surgeon, so you would have to call them.

Shauna