Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

After we have our surgeries, I made a place for us to go in the post-op area. Here is the direct link:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/132493-july-2011-bandsters/

I'll still be checking back to cheer on those who still have surgeries coming up. :)

After we have our surgeries, I made a place for us to go in the post-op area. Here is the direct link:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/132493-july-2011-bandsters/

I'll still be checking back to cheer on those who still have surgeries coming up. :)

Hope all went well today Nechema, I've been sending good thoughts your way!

Good luck to the July1st NINE! woo-hoo. please update us as soon as your up to it.

Oh, by the way, is there a way to move this thread to the post -op forum on August 1st? I just love how I'm able to focus on this one thread with all of you. It's been really great to follow each of you and get a sense that we are all in the same "Boat"! ( by the way...I have no doubt it will "hold" (Ha, Ha) ~reference to the joke a few pages ago, for those of you that might have not seen it.;)

Merlina,

My first fill is 6 weeks out...I've heard of them being done as early as 4 weeks out, but it depends on your surgeon, so you would have to call them.

Shauna

Mines 6 weeks too!!!

I'm a end of the month-er (7/21) so I'll be sneaking over to post-op while I'm on the pre-op diet. It does make me feel better that others are going thru the same thing !

Nechama: Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Amy: Thanks for making the post-op thread!

Re: fills--my surgeon has me scheduled for my first adjustment appointment on July 29, which is 23 days after my surgery. I have a 7/13 post-op checkup, too. I specifically chose a surgeon who is aggressive with fills and who has a strong after-care program including a thriving support group (which is run by the therapists who work in his office).

I'm getting excited about moving into this new phase of all of our lives!

And a possible TMI moment (excuse us for a moment, Stan and Kevin--this is just for the other women of the group): TOM hit this week, right in the middle of my pre-op diet, complete with food cravings and mood swings. GRRRR!!!!! As if I weren't cranky enough with this diet! (LOL!!!)

Amy...You and I were thinking the same thing at the same time.

Thanks for creating the post op thread...we must have been posting simultaneously.

My post makes me look like a total air head, being that your post shows up 1 minute before mine.lol :lol: (Greatminds think alike!)

LMAO! Too funny! I just figured that the group would probably grow quite a bit in the next week or so with more newbies coming in, so we could bring 'em in a we phase out as we have our surgeries and change topics from pre to post op stuff. I plan to post there as soon as I can. I promise I won't write any horror stories! :)

My surgery is at noon (YUCK!!!!) but I have to be there at 9AM. It would have been 10AM, but I have such a difficult history with blood draws and IV's (I've even had them IN MY FEET!!!) that I requested to come earlier so I don't play the "every nurse gets to try to start an IV on her" game. I've so done that before and I'll be nervous enough tomorrow. Luckily, they were accommodating and hopefully we can skip to the person that always gets the vein, rather than try 27 others first. I haven't had any real food in a week, and I'm going to be super bitchy!

Amy...You and I were thinking the same thing at the same time.

Thanks for creating the post op thread...we must have been posting simultaneously.

My post makes me look like a total air head, being that your post shows up 1 minute before mine.lol :lol: (Greatminds think alike!)

** IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ZOFRAN PRESCRIPTIONS **

I just went to pick up my meds in prep for tomorrow's surgery. My insurance rejected it because of the cost ($170) and because the primary use for it is for chemo patients. MAKE SURE if you will be prescribed Zofran that you have an alternate script in case it isn't covered or you will be out of luck! It is a mess of the pharmacy calling the doctor, etc etc. Apparently it is very common for this medication to be rejected by insurance companies. Try to get those scripts ahead of time. One less thing to do. I ended up with suppositories and hopefully that will be enough.

On a lighter note, the experience of discussing the prescriptions in the drive thru with my dad as the driver in the car was interesting. The pharm was saying into the speaker, "INSERT ONE RECTALLY" and my dad was trying not to turn red. It was funny. I told him I might need his assistance with that. LOL. I think I can take care of that part, dad. :P

Yeah, realized yesterday that my horrid cravings had the same explanation a Lizzy... Thank goodness. Looked at scale this morning and found I have lost another pound. Give it another day and it may be one more! I had to do my last pre-op BS this morning and now I am officially ready for surgery.

On the down side, I see now why I'm gonna need a touch-up on my Tummy Tuck.

Hope our June 30 banders are doing well!

weight.png

Hope our June 30's are resting comfortably!!!

Lucky you guys!!

I'm joining you tomorrow!!! iI'm getting up at 4am, have to leave the house at 4:45 to check in at 5:45 and surgery at 7:30!!!!:lol:

Greetings from the other side of the banding journey!! I am home from the surgery which took place at 8:30 this mroning. All in all, REALLY not bad. I don't know if my pain is on a lower level because the surgeon used the same incision sites from my gall bladder removal, but I CAN say that I have only taken the liquid vicadin once since I have been home. I was not nauseous after I woke up but I tend to respond pretty well under general anesthesia. They had me up and walking within a few hours and sent me home with orders to come back in 7-10 days to meet with the nurse about my incisions and to have an esophogram before that appointment. I don't look forward to chugging more barium but apparently I will be having a lot of esophograms because that is part of the annual physical now to make sure that the band is doing well. I am able to drink my clear broth and juice and Water without any issues as well. Again, don't know if that is because I am taking sips or because I am just responding well to the band, but it is comforting!

As far as the gas issues I have seen others have after surgery, I have not had any pains at all. I find that weird so I expect that it will kick in tomorrow. I did bring a pillow with me to hold against my stomach in the car on the way home and that was a huge help, so I recommend it to everyone.

That's all for now! Have a good night :)

Ok, I need to vent...so if you don't want to read...please skip over my post. :)

Today has been awful...day four of my pre-op diet. That is enough to make the day crappy. Got to work, boss brings in Bagels and cream cheese. Then had three CPA's come in for an audit of our retirement plan. OMG...I wanted to kill them. Then someone orders pizzas for everyone for lunch. I'm sitting in my office and all I smell is sausage and cheese pizza. I really wanted to kill someone. Auditors take up so much of my time I missed my shake time by two hours....starving. Finally get my 2:30 shake at 5:30 (after being and 1.5 hours late on my second shake). Auditors finally leaving. Now I have to stay late to do the work I was suppose to do today, but didn't have time. So, 11.5 hours later and no lunch break...I finally make it home. All I want now is a piece of roast beef and to go to bed. Instead, I will probably have my last shake and go to bed.

I don't know if I can take 12 more days of this. UGH!!!!

Nighty-night July banders. Best of luck and well wishes to all tomorrow's banders!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Greetings from the other side of the banding journey!! I am home from the surgery which took place at 8:30 this mroning. All in all, REALLY not bad. I don't know if my pain is on a lower level because the surgeon used the same incision sites from my gall bladder removal, but I CAN say that I have only taken the liquid vicadin once since I have been home. I was not nauseous after I woke up but I tend to respond pretty well under general anesthesia. They had me up and walking within a few hours and sent me home with orders to come back in 7-10 days to meet with the nurse about my incisions and to have an esophogram before that appointment. I don't look forward to chugging more barium but apparently I will be having a lot of esophograms because that is part of the annual physical now to make sure that the band is doing well. I am able to drink my clear broth and juice and Water without any issues as well. Again, don't know if that is because I am taking sips or because I am just responding well to the band, but it is comforting!

As far as the gas issues I have seen others have after surgery, I have not had any pains at all. I find that weird so I expect that it will kick in tomorrow. I did bring a pillow with me to hold against my stomach in the car on the way home and that was a huge help, so I recommend it to everyone.

That's all for now! Have a good night :)

Congratulations! Have a great night. :)