Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Ah, the curse of the nurse. Knowing too much for your own good. I'm sure everything will go fine. Believe me, My overactive brain was having the same "worst case scenerio" nurse discussions with myself. I was quite the chatty Cathy in the OR asking them questions until the Ditropan hit me. No complications. I do think they snuck in a straight cath on me because when I woke up I noticed that I didn't have to pee and I thought for sure I would have to pee after all the IV fluids. It will all be over before you know it and you'll be home taking pain meds and watching your favorite shows on tv. And then you can say "OMG! I'm on the other side!"

Hi Juana,

Doctor did not put me on any special diet. I did not require one but I have been careful. I just returned from Vegas yesterday. While there I had responsibly and did a lot of walking on the strip to the point that I had to buy a knee support band. I am trying not to get nervous or anxious. It is on my mind because I have a paper to write for school that I have been putting off because I cannot concentrate but have to get it done tonight. Many prayers tonight. I am going to a support meeting tonight to help me calm down. I am on the OR schedule as the first case. I am a nurse so yes I can understand what you are saying about worrying more about the procedure. We have to stay calm and pray for protection during our procedure.

I will try to post tomorrow sometime or Wednesday once I have access to my computer.

Lydia

Oh my gosh - 4 hours in the same position! You deserve a medal!!! I can't imagine being squashed in a middle seat for that long right after surgery!

I am back home now. I needed to spend the night and then flew home in the early afternoon. Unfortunately, I was assigned the middle seat for the 4 hour flight, and it was a bit uncomfortable.

Last night was rough, again with the shoulder pain. I also didn't expect to be as hungry as I am. I am certainly looking forward to the mushies stage at this point!

But all in all, these are just small prices that I am willing to pay to lose this weight for good.

I had to wear a diaper for my surgery (or as they called them, "Briefs." LOL But it was a diaper :P I didn't pee in it during surgery (I was all proud about my dry diaper) and didn't pee until some time after I got home. I've only seen one person on here that had to get a cath. I was really paranoid about that, I soooo didn't want one of those! No thank ya! LOL

Ah, the curse of the nurse. Knowing too much for your own good. I'm sure everything will go fine. Believe me, My overactive brain was having the same "worst case scenerio" nurse discussions with myself. I was quite the chatty Cathy in the OR asking them questions until the Ditropan hit me. No complications. I do think they snuck in a straight cath on me because when I woke up I noticed that I didn't have to pee and I thought for sure I would have to pee after all the IV fluids. It will all be over before you know it and you'll be home taking pain meds and watching your favorite shows on tv. And then you can say "OMG! I'm on the other side!"

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERY TOMORROW. HAVE FUN ON THE LOSERS BENCH!

Hi

Being banded tomorrow. Just got the call that I am the first case of the day [5:30 a.m.].

Now the emotions start full gear. Prayers tonight.

Very confidence...

God bless.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERY TOMORROW. HAVE FUN ON THE LOSERS BENCH!

Hi

Thanks. talk to you soon.

Ok, so tomorrow I start my all liquid diet. My daughter went into labor tonight. So, my granddaughter will be born tomorrow and I will be having my surgery the day after. Wow, good timing. Today I was thinking of what I couldnt eat tomorrow and became extremley hungry. So after work I ate a chicken wing and a biscuit. I feel for those who had to do a two and three week liquid diet. I couldnt even last with just the thought of not eating food. Anyway, I will be doing milk and unjury chicken protien shake tomorrow.

Good luck to all those having surgery tomorrow. YOU MADE IT!

May I join you!? LOL.

Congrats to all the new July banders!! I have not read all 46 pages of this thread but I have read many and I see that so many are making great progress and recovering well already! Gives me hope! Thank you.

A prayer for everyone being banded this week!! We can get through these few days of nervousness and jitters and come out the other side just like the other July bandsters!!

My date is Thursday, July 28th. My friend and I are getting banded together. She goes in at 9am and I go in at 10am. So excited and of course very nervous!!

Looking forward to making this journey with all of you!!

Welcome to the group :) I am getting banded on July 28th also. Schedule to go in a 6:30 am and can hardly wait! Trying to keep positive and not let any of the negative thoughts enter my brain. Come on Thursday! I am ready to join band land. :D

Well this is it! Tomorrow I'll be leaving around 7:45am for surgery. My house is clean, my stomach is empty and I just realized I missed my midnight deadline to have anything else to drink... crap. lol!

Whitetiger - Thank you for the welcome! I am trying to stay positive and not let myself get too nervous as well!

MustangMama - Congratulations on being banded today!! Excited for you! When I read your post I smiled because I will be cleaning my house on Wednesday in anticipation of the surgery on Thursday.

I am a little nervous because my daughter has a dance performance on Saturday (2 days after surgery) and I have to drive her there. I think it will be fine I just hope I don't have too much gas pain or incision pain. Then on Monday I have to drive 8 hours to drop her off at camp and then come home. Ugh. Thankfully my mom will be coming with me and I can take breaks, maybe even a nap on the way home if I need to. I sure hope I am up and around quickly because if not I could be in trouble!

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me!

Sorry guys, been out of the loop for the last few days, but I've updated the list and think it's complete...best of luck to Serifa, MustangMama, Sweetnurselyd today!!

No date yet: nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy, leemuise

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4, JulieB0802

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 17: Nouzi

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie, teacherz

July 20: Carmen16

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy, natcheznate, Kimmietoes (Kimberly)

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary), spicensour, Scott 72511, Thommi (Lori)

July 26: Serifa, MustangMama, Sweetnurselyd

July 27: Healthy4Ever, 30Something (JeVona), lburn, jaunna

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680, sherylb, momof5inWI, SlimbandSexy

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama, kychick1294

July 30: peskybrunette

Hi all: Banded yesterday at 7am and all went well. Pain was really tolerable with meds in hospital. Walking halls by 1 pm. Did not sleep at all in hospital. Would not give sleeping med b'caue of test this am to see if band was placed properly. All looks good and released today at noon. Home now and having a bit more pain in left shoulder and neck....also incision sites. Taking liquid tylenol and it seems to be doing the job for now. Have a script for Vicodin just in case I need something stronger. Afraid it might make me nauseous so trying not to take it.

Glad I made the right decision to do this. Really not too bad so far. Good Luck to all those being banded this week. May God watch over all the July bansters. CAT

Ok, so it is 9:04pm. I am finishing off my protien shake and milk. I have another 2 hours left to drink anything. Iam nervous, anxious, scared, and excited. I am praying that GOD protects me tomorrow and I make it out ok. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am and surgery at 9:30am. 12 hours to go.!

Congrats Cat on a successful surgery! I hope you continue to recover well and have as little discomfort as possible!

30Something - Just 1 hour til your surgery! Saying a prayer for you! Good luck and I hope you recovery easily and quickly!!

S-Day is tomorrow for me. 10am. Excited and nervous. Today I am cleaning the house from top to bottom and making sure my kids are both packed for camp next week (They leave Monday and Tuesday). Veggies and chicken or fish on the menu today - nothing after midnight of course. Then after surgery tomorrow it is nothing but Water. Then 5 days of Clear Liquids before I start Protein Drinks and pureed Soups for 1 week. Never thought I'd say this but I think a bowl of cottage cheese is going to look mighty appetizing when I finally get to mushies!! LOL.

Congrats Cat on a successful surgery! I hope you continue to recover well and have as little discomfort as possible!

30Something - Just 1 hour til your surgery! Saying a prayer for you! Good luck and I hope you recovery easily and quickly!!

S-Day is tomorrow for me. 10am. Excited and nervous. Today I am cleaning the house from top to bottom and making sure my kids are both packed for camp next week (They leave Monday and Tuesday). Veggies and chicken or fish on the menu today - nothing after midnight of course. Then after surgery tomorrow it is nothing but Water. Then 5 days of clear liquids before I start Protein drinks and pureed Soups for 1 week. Never thought I'd say this but I think a bowl of cottage cheese is going to look mighty appetizing when I finally get to mushies!! LOL.