Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Congrats Cat on a successful surgery! I hope you continue to recover well and have as little discomfort as possible!

30Something - Just 1 hour til your surgery! Saying a prayer for you! Good luck and I hope you recovery easily and quickly!!

S-Day is tomorrow for me. 10am. Excited and nervous. Today I am cleaning the house from top to bottom and making sure my kids are both packed for camp next week (They leave Monday and Tuesday). Veggies and chicken or fish on the menu today - nothing after midnight of course. Then after surgery tomorrow it is nothing but Water. Then 5 days of Clear Liquids before I start Protein Drinks and pureed Soups for 1 week. Never thought I'd say this but I think a bowl of cottage cheese is going to look mighty appetizing when I finally get to mushies!! LOL.

Hi Slimbandsexy: Good Luck with your surgery tomorrow. Don't be too concerned about the liquid only diet post op. You really don't feel like eating too much at all. Never thought I would be saying that but its true....at least for me right now. I'm 2 days post op and not at all hungry....have to force myself to eat or drink anything. Keep us posted on your successful surgery! cat

Hi all,

I was banded yesterday at 9:00 a.m., home by 1:00 p.m. Not much pain, keeping up with my pain meds, walking and sipping on liquids. My doc gave me a prescription for anti-nausea meds to take with the pain meds. Also had a hernia repair.

Good luck to everyone, we're all almost there!!!!

Serifa

I get banded tomorrow at 11:00am AZ time. I am so scared. I have to work until 9:00pm tonight and hopefully that will distract me. Never been under full anasthesia before, I am really a nervous wreck! I just want it to be over. :(

I broke my foot last week and lo and behold Aunt Flo came to visit today... man, stressing out. :(

2 DAY COUNTDOWN has started!!! Yeah!! Actually its 36 hours! Have to report to hospital at 5:45 am- Today I had my last cup of raw salad at 4 pm!! Thursday starting at 4 pm CLEAR LIQUIDS ONLY until midnight. I can hardly wait! I am excited, anxious and nervous all wrapped up in 1!! I am only nervous about the anesthesia- never been admitted to the hospital- never had any type of surgery! Although I am an RN it's different when U r the Patient! lol Good Luck to everyone! I have to finish cleaning the house and doing laundry!!

I worked until 10p, the night before my surgery and it was actually a good distraction. Of course, I got to come home and take a colon cleansing laxative and sit on the toilet half the night, but I rested up when I got home from surgery the next day. The nurses and anesthesiologist will take good care of you. When you get there you will be busy signing papers and they will be getting your vital signs and starting your IV and doing this and that so you won't be having lots of "down time" to sit there and worry and think. Then before you know it, it will be "show time". You'll get wheeled into the OR and they'll put some monitors on your chest that make annoying noises (nothing to be worried about). They'll put blankets on you to help keep you warm and put a "seat belt" over your legs so your legs don't go flopping off the table while you're asleep. Then somebody will give you the "magic juice". Its a white substance they give you through your IV and you will be asleep before you can get an entire sentence out. Next thing you will know, you will be awake in recovery with a lap band to your name. Easy peasy. After you are sufficiently awake and your vital signs are good they will let you come home and you can rest in bed or on the couch and catch up on your favorite TV shows. I caught up on True Blood and Drop Dead Diva. And Flo came to visit me the next day so I sooooo sympathize. Bad Flo! Bad, bad Flo!

I get banded tomorrow at 11:00am AZ time. I am so scared. I have to work until 9:00pm tonight and hopefully that will distract me. Never been under full anasthesia before, I am really a nervous wreck! I just want it to be over. :(

I broke my foot last week and lo and behold Aunt Flo came to visit today... man, stressing out. :(

It's go time! I have to be at the hospital in one hour from now. I will check back in as soon as I can to let everyone know how it went. Good luck to my fellow banders going in today! :)

Good Luck today Erica: We all stress out before surgery....its normal. As far as the anesthesia goes...its the best thing man ever invented. You don't know a thing. You just wake up to full attention by the nurses in recovery and they help you with all your needs. you will do fine.Keep us posted. CAT

It's go time! I have to be at the hospital in one hour from now. I will check back in as soon as I can to let everyone know how it went. Good luck to my fellow banders going in today! :)

Good Luck and may God bless all our July bandsters.....CAT

Good Luck and may God bless all our July bandsters.....CAT

Hello i'm a self pay live in Florida in my 40"s weight if 213 5'4 surgary is 8/11/11

Hi Lisa (that's my sister's name!)

Wow, we should stick together. I am also self pay and expecting surgery sometime in July. I have a BMI of 33 and have also lost hundreds and gained them back over the last 25 years. I am 39, so we are close in age too!

I am nervous as all heck. I'm not so much afraid of going under as I am of post-surgical pain and the lovely "stucks" and "PBs", possibly vomiting. I've been reading the LBT forums and they go from helping me to making me more nervous. I just hope I am doing the right thing. Please email me at potukmail@gmail.com if you want to chat.

Hello there! I was just banded on july 25 & was just as nervous about going under & the pain after since this was my first real surgery....let me tell you the pain is not that bad at all!!! i was given a morphine pump while in the hospital that i could control and other than incision site pain, there was minimal pain in my belly-more so pressure. i actually have not vommitted yet (knock on wood) and have been able to keep everything down! good luck!

Havent been here on the pre side in a while...

just wanted to wish the last group of July banders good luck... c u all on the other side soon smile.gif

That's kinda funny that was have the same surgery date and aunt flow came to see us on the same data! Lol. My surgery went well. Still sore and have some gas pain but over all its been fine. How was yours?

I seriously think that I am the only one on here who doesnt have to do the pre-op diet. I keep reading about how much everyone one is dreading their pre-op instructions and thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I called and spoke with my surgeon's office today and asked if I should be starting soon, and they said no, just Protein Shakes the day before surgery and nothing after midnight the night before. Is anyone else's doctor saying the same thing? Why do you think he is so relaxed about this?

Thoughts?...

i didnt have to do a pre-op diet either. i only had to stop eating solids the day before and nothing after midnight.

5 hours to go!!! Have to b at hospital at 5:45 am!!!! Cant believe its almos showtime! But i am soooo ready to get this started. Good luck to all of u! and me too!!