Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters for the week of December 27 ~ let's chat!

Tomorrow is the day!!! Agree with everyone here that there is a crazy mixture of emotions. I'm even worried about taking too much time off from work for follow-up visits with the Dr. I'm us soooooooooo busy at work, I don't want to piss off my boss. On Friday morning I woke up from a bad night's sleep and I had a "melt-down". NO ONE knows except my husband... and feeling somewhat guilty for my secret. Also, I sorta still feeling like this is cheating... and that I should have been able to do this myself without the surgery. I'm just praying that ALL goes well with NO complications (which could sabotage my secret).

Prayers and well wishes for EVERYONE this week!!

Tomorrow is the day!!! Agree with everyone here that there is a crazy mixture of emotions. I'm even worried about taking too much time off from work for follow-up visits with the Dr. I'm us soooooooooo busy at work, I don't want to piss off my boss. On Friday morning I woke up from a bad night's sleep and I had a "melt-down". NO ONE knows except my husband... and feeling somewhat guilty for my secret. Also, I sorta still feeling like this is cheating... and that I should have been able to do this myself without the surgery. I'm just praying that ALL goes well with NO complications (which could sabotage my secret).

Glad to have found this group! My surgery is scheduled for the 28th. I have another pre-op visit tomorrow am to check blood work again, as well as my lungs because I had pnuemonia last month. The doc will check my lungs again and (hopefully) give me the clear. I think that I am nervous to get the news either way: that everything is okay or I have to wait.

I have been on a clear diet for the past 3 days of broth, crystal lite, sugar free Jello, sugar free popcicles..

I am making my post-op shopping list and to do list, there is so much to do tomorrow.

Excited and nervous!

Good luck to those being banded tomorrow, as well as everyone else this week!

I am so nervous!!!! My banding day is Wednesday. I did eat on Christmas and have cheated with some Christmas Cookies. I feel like such crap when I do that. Why am I going thru all this just to sabotage myself, right? I know it will be a process. I know it will take getting used to. I know this will be SO much healthier for me. I guess I am just scared. I know what you mean by scared to have it, and scared to be told to wait.

I have a follow up appointment with Dr. Mary Vernon today. She wrote Atkins for Diabetics. I went to her to learn HOW to eat for my body type and metabolism. She tried to talk me nto putting off the surgery until she could diagnose me and said she could teach me to eat for my metabolism and I would lose my cravings and lose as much weight as the lap-band. I left the appointment confused and excited. She is a national figure in the bariatric world, but that little thing in the back of my head said, you know? If I could just eat the way someone told me, I wouldn't be here right now. Dr. Vernon said she would work with me with or with out the surgery. I pick with. I think learning how to eat right along with the surgery is the answer for me.

All of us frojm this week, and Lori too, are in my thoughts and prayers all week. I look forward to hearing how everyone did coming out of this!

Carolann,

Depending on the kind of office you have it may be hard to keep the secret, but it is your right to do so! Your medical issues are your and your alone, and it is nobody else's business. Complications are so rare, I am sure you will be fine. My boss had it done, and she said she was up cleaning the house the next day (then realized that was kinda dumb-she felt like crap), but the point is, she felt ok to get around. Don't rush yourself tho, we are all in this for the long haul. If you work with lots of guys, just say it is a "personal issue" and not something you are comfortable discussing-they will run screaming through the door! :lol:

Hey Folks,

I am being banded on the morning of the 28th. I have been on a full liquid diet since the 22nd consisting of shakes, smoothies, and cream Soups. Today I drank the magnesium citrate to cleanse my bowls and today is also a clear liquid day. I am excited, but nervous for the surgery and nervous for the steps following. I wish you all the best of luck. keep in touch if you can.

Two more day until surgery. Im a little scared, but I know its for the best. Good luck to everyone. When you are feeling better come back and post to let us know how you are doing.

I am so nervous!!!! My banding day is Wednesday. I did eat on Christmas and have cheated with some Christmas Cookies. I feel like such crap when I do that. Why am I going thru all this just to sabotage myself, right? I know it will be a process. I know it will take getting used to. I know this will be SO much healthier for me. I guess I am just scared. I know what you mean by scared to have it, and scared to be told to wait.

I have a follow up appointment with Dr. Mary Vernon today. She wrote Atkins for Diabetics. I went to her to learn HOW to eat for my body type and metabolism. She tried to talk me nto putting off the surgery until she could diagnose me and said she could teach me to eat for my metabolism and I would lose my cravings and lose as much weight as the lap-band. I left the appointment confused and excited. She is a national figure in the bariatric world, but that little thing in the back of my head said, you know? If I could just eat the way someone told me, I wouldn't be here right now. Dr. Vernon said she would work with me with or with out the surgery. I pick with. I think learning how to eat right along with the surgery is the answer for me.

All of us frojm this week, and Lori too, are in my thoughts and prayers all week. I look forward to hearing how everyone did coming out of this!

Carolann,

Depending on the kind of office you have it may be hard to keep the secret, but it is your right to do so! Your medical issues are your and your alone, and it is nobody else's business. Complications are so rare, I am sure you will be fine. My boss had it done, and she said she was up cleaning the house the next day (then realized that was kinda dumb-she felt like crap), but the point is, she felt ok to get around. Don't rush yourself tho, we are all in this for the long haul. If you work with lots of guys, just say it is a "personal issue" and not something you are comfortable discussing-they will run screaming through the door! :lol:

Good Luck on Wednesday! I am going in on Thursday! So excited I can't wait. I did great over the holidays, no cheating for me. I am not going to say that it was easy, but I have to admitt that it is much easier on me with Atkins then you all doing liquid. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Patty

b_r... I am super excited about not being the "big" girl anymore. Being able to shop in a normal store is so exciting to me

PattyB57... you are so right in the fact that NOTHING is worth being woken up from surgery to be told they couldn't do it because your liver is too big. Thank you for reminding us of this hugely known fact

girl_on_her_journey... I too am looking for lose about 120 pounds. It'll be nice to have someone else on this journey with me

mom24teens... From what I have been told, click on anyones ticker and it'll take you to the website to make your own. Once you make yours it will give you the URL to copy and paste to your signature. I haven't done mine yet but that's what they say. Hope it works for you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! Enjoy your last weekend before banding :D

Swan56...I can't wait to hear how it went for you today! Mine is on Thursday. I have 140lbs I am going to get rid of forever. I can't think of a better way to start the New Year! Thinking of you today.

Going in the morning to be banded!!! The hospital called to let me know to be there at 9:45! So excited, and ready to make this permanent change to a new, healthy me! :) I have been on a clear liquid diet since the 25, and it has been hard, but I know that it is all worth it in the end!!!

Good luck to everyone this week! Keep in touch!

I am being banded on Wednesday, first thing in the morning. This means tomorrow is Clear Liquids only. I'm trying to fight all the emotions. After 2 weeks of a preop full liquid diet, my emotions are going crazy so tonight is especially hard but I dont want to give in. I'm trying to be optimistic because I really am so excited although I can't help think that I've gotten myself in way over my head. I know so much but feel so unprepared. I don't know how I will be able to mentally break off my relationship that I have with food and I just want to succeed and not fail, for once in my life... Ahhhh, so many things crossing my mind. Am I crazy?

My surgery is also scheduled for December 27th! I'm on day three of full liquids and it's really tough! I have allowed myself some low carb, low fat treats b/c I'm straving. I have 2 muscle milk shakes a day and they actually taste great. The first few days of sugar/carb withdraw is hard! I feel bad for the students at my school! I'm excited for this change. I want to lose about 80 pounds total and know I'm making the right choice!!! Anyone in the northern va area??

I live in NoVa.. Near fairfax.. Let's stay in touch. Best of luck on your surgury.

Hope everything went well for you today & good luck tomorrow! I get mine tomorrow & am the nerves are ramping up! Ugghhh....at this point I just want to be done and on the other side of it.

Glad to have found this group! My surgery is scheduled for the 28th. I have another pre-op visit tomorrow am to check blood work again, as well as my lungs because I had pnuemonia last month. The doc will check my lungs again and (hopefully) give me the clear. I think that I am nervous to get the news either way: that everything is okay or I have to wait.

I have been on a clear diet for the past 3 days of broth, crystal lite, sugar free Jello, sugar free popcicles..

I am making my post-op shopping list and to do list, there is so much to do tomorrow.

Excited and nervous!

Good luck to those being banded tomorrow, as well as everyone else this week!

Good luck to everyone this week! I am scheduled tomorrow at 9:30... Getting super nervous and excited! I have to shower with a special soap tonight then of to bed. Can't wait to hear back from everyone once they have been banded!!!