Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters for the week of December 27 ~ let's chat!

All of you scheduled for next week (the week of the 27th) or anytime in the next few weeks, LETS CHAT! I am scheduled for the 27th!

How are you doing on your pre-op diet?

Anything you want to talk about? Let's all get together on this thread and help each other!

Teri

Hi . .. was banded on the 29th, 2 days out. Having some trouble with some little things. How are you doing?

you first make your ticker from that ticker site, then copy the code from the ticker site to the signature part of your settings here on this site...then it will show up each time you post...be sure to copy the right code, there are 2 options there....it's not the Facebook, etc. one, it's the other one....

How do you import the little weight loss ticker? I have the ticker saved, but don't know how to import. Thanks.

Kellie

you first make your ticker from that ticker site, then copy the code from the ticker site to the signature part of your settings here on this site...then it will show up each time you post...be sure to copy the right code, there are 2 options there....it's not the Facebook, etc. one, it's the other one....

Thanks! I'll try it . . .:P

Well, not a great night last night. Spent 4 hours in the ER getting fluids and nausea/dizzyness meds. I knew I wasn't eating or drinking enough, but got caught up in a vicious cycle of heaving everything up. I felt 100% better after treatment and have been feeling good today and making sure I am drinking Water and gatorade.

I knew it was too good to be true! Ifelt great after surgery and up to yesterday afternoon. I felt well enough to do a little cleaning this afternoon, so hopefully I am on the way.

I so miss eating something with some texture, though. I don't know how I am going to sip any more broth for the next 8 days - anyone have any ideas?

Feel even better today! I actually went to work yesterday. My job is very demanding, especially at year end. I guess if I had my drothers though .... I would l have taken another day to veg. Today at work was much better than yesterday..... not quite so tired. I am however, looking forward to a 3 day weekend. :-)

I still have had NO pain... just yesterday, the wound sites started itching a little. Had my post-op Dr. apt this morning, and the PA took off the top layer of tape covering the stitches. I think that will help the itching.

Lost over 12 pounds in 2 weeks .............. Yahoo!!!

I am so gald it went so well for you guys! I had some complications-somewhat expected :o(

I had quite a bit of scar tissue from a previous surgery for my back where the surgeons had to do a 360 degree approach (going in from the front, then flipping over to the back.). The lapband surgery took 3 hours. He even had to add an extra port-6 total !! I did go home that night but spent the 48 hours with the Migraine of my life and severe pain where the last port went in. I had the upper GI done before the surgery, and Dr. Malley thought he had it covered, but dayyyyyaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn.

I am now about 72 hours post op and can drink broth, fruit juice and drinks, sherbert :P and had a bit of coffee this morning, My husband looked up post-op headache and said in many instances it is caffiene withdrawal! I drank coffee every morning and a diet coke during the day. No more diet coke for now, but I am sending my daughter out to Panera for a chai tea latte! (skim milk, of course)

So what steps have you guys taken as far as nutrition and exercise? We got a Wii Fit for Christmas and my healthy normal weight husband has that set up and ready to go when I am up to it. I saw Dr. Mary Vernon who wrote Atkins for Diabetics who ran a battery of tests on my metabolism to find out what I need to eat post surgery to get thin and healthy. She is amazing, and passionate about the low carb approach. She believes and has done lots of studies that show that there is something different in our metabolism that makes us more prone to gain weight. It isn't an excuse though, but at least I have an internationally known doctor to confirm what I have know so long-I am not just a lazy out of control eater. It helps, but I still have to take the steps like anyone else.

Lordy I am long winded!

Glad everything is going so well for everyone!

Michelle

weight.png

I am 3 days postop and I'm doing good.

My insicisions were pretty sore and made it hard to position myself in bed, but today is so much better.

Tomorrow I am going for an upper GI to make sure everything is in the right place. If all is good I plan on getting on the treadmill tomorrow.

I am so glad to be on this side of the banding and can't wait to eat something solid.

Swan56...I can't wait to hear how it went for you today! Mine is on Thursday. I have 140lbs I am going to get rid of forever. I can't think of a better way to start the New Year! Thinking of you today.

Hey Patty... sorry I've kind of been away from the site since surgery. How did it go for you on Thursday? I hope good and I hope you're healing okay. We started the new year off right... even if we were a little sore at the beginning... lol.

I hope everyone that was banded last week is doing well. I didn't get on at all last week. My husband was super supportive and my mom came to town to help me as well. I think she was more nervous than I was about having surgery (it was my first). Going in, I wasn't really as nervous as I thought I would be. I was actually pretty excited, until they got me back to prep me for surgery and couldn't get a good vein. They stuck me 8-9 times before finally deciding to do a central line in me neck OUCH! So that upset me... but then once I was back in surgery, she said, "okay I'm going to put you to sleep now." I counted 10, 9, 8, 7, 6... and woke up in recovery. I was only there for what seemed like a few minutes and the moved me back over the other side so my husband and children could come see me. I remember being in quiet a bit of pain and the pain medicine not helping. When I made it home, later that day I made sure to get up often and walk. I burped almost every time I did... which was great. I didn't get any gas pains until about 3 days later. They weren't terribly severe but it was uncomfortable. I took my pain medicine regularly. I didn't want to think I was feeling better than I was and then have to play catch up. By Thursday I was ready to get out of the house. Not too much but it was nice to move. Up until yesterday, if I bent over or laid on my side I had a very painful pulling feeling where my port is. Luckily today that subsided and I was able to kind of stretch out more - my back was beginning to bother me from all the sleeping flat. Today I went to the gym. I walked some and did a few weights. Nothing major... still not feeling absolutely wonderful but getting better each day. Back at work... but wanted to still be at home. Friday I did have some very painful hiccups when trying to eat some foods. I decided to switch back to "mushy" for a while and today chicken did fine. It's a learning process. I don't have much of an appetite though and have basically had to force myself to eat. And i guess my pain medicine burnt my taste buds... weird.

Went to the mall yesterday to do my walking, and it was so good to be able to make it around the mall 3 1/2 times and not getting winded! Granted I wasn't going for time so my pace was not super fast, but it just felt really good to walk.

The WORST part of walking at the mall was walking past Auntie Ann's pretzels and Kilwins Chocolates (as they were making caramel corn) and the food court. I had to convince myself how nauseating those smells were. LOL

LBT Addict -

Do I understand that you are already eating solid foods? WOW! I am on a full liquid diet for 2-4 weeks and thought that was pretty standard. I can't believe that you are already eating chicken! Don't get me wrong...I would kill for a piece of chicken right now, lol!

Glad to hear everyone's doing so well! I had my post-op follow up appointment today. The doc said everything looks wonderful & was glad to hear I'm not having any problems at all. I learned that I have an Allergan 14cc band...I never asked what he was putting in prior to the procedure. Guess I was too focused on just getting it done. What capacity do the rest of you have? Just curious. I also saw the pics from both procedures, gall bladder & lap band. After seeing the gall bladder & huge stones...no WONDER I was feeling so crappy! Feeling lots better now & back to work tomorrow. :D

LBT Addict -

Do I understand that you are already eating solid foods? WOW! I am on a full liquid diet for 2-4 weeks and thought that was pretty standard. I can't believe that you are already eating chicken! Don't get me wrong...I would kill for a piece of chicken right now, lol!

I think it varies from place to place. I have a more restrictive diet too, but I think that is to our benefit. I am 8 days post-op & can have mashed potatoes & pureed stuff, but nothing more and only 1/4 cup at a meal. Tonight for supper I think I got more than 1/4 cup, and I am feeling uncomfortable because of it...I think slower progression is definitely better in the long run. Hang in there - you'll get to where you can have that chicken ;)

Thanks! I'll try it . . .:P

Is it the HTML code? I think I've tried that but haven't been able to get it to work....this is driving me nuts!!

Why not just be honest? I had my band done Monday and my family and friends were so supportive. I dont regret telling them at all. You may find them to be very understanding and your greatest asset. Good luck with everything and I wish you well.

I have told some people and others only know about the hernia repair. When the questions come about how or why I am losing so much weight my plan is to tell them I've made a lifestyle change.