Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters for the week of December 27 ~ let's chat!

I am being banded on Wednesday, first thing in the morning. This means tomorrow is Clear Liquids only. I'm trying to fight all the emotions. After 2 weeks of a preop full liquid diet, my emotions are going crazy so tonight is especially hard but I dont want to give in. I'm trying to be optimistic because I really am so excited although I can't help think that I've gotten myself in way over my head. I know so much but feel so unprepared. I don't know how I will be able to mentally break off my relationship that I have with food and I just want to succeed and not fail, for once in my life... Ahhhh, so many things crossing my mind. Am I crazy?

You aren't crazy. Your racing thoughts are normal. The part that is worrying me for you is not knowing if you can "break up" with food (I use the same phrase-lol). Are you getting ANY kind of support outside of here? Any therapy, any support groups available thru your Dr, any Overeater's Anonymous meetings? I personally think OA would be great for anyone trying to learn to eat with LapBand. They encourage you to take your power back over your life and eat three meals a day-just like our doctors do. We are all here for the lapband issues, but for eating emotionally I wouldn't hesitate to find an OA group near you.

I am on clear liquids today too! We can do this My surgery is tomorrow around 2:00PM central time!

Michelle

Ok.... I'm banded!!!! Had my surgery yesterday! ALL went very well and YEAH NO gas pains. I slept very comfortable last night and just feel a little sore at the wound sites ~ but not enough to need to take any of my pain meds. Thank God this is over. I'm feeling really good today and plan on going to work tomorrow. I've been working on all my work e-mails from home today.

Hope the rest of you have this good of an experience. Also.... another GREAT thing is that although I'm on clear liquids, I am NOT feeling the hungry pains I felt all last week on the Pre-Op diet.

Ok.... I'm banded!!!! Had my surgery yesterday! ALL went very well and YEAH NO gas pains. I slept very comfortable last night and just feel a little sore at the wound sites ~ but not enough to need to take any of my pain meds. Thank God this is over. I'm feeling really good today and plan on going to work tomorrow. I've been working on all my work e-mails from home today.

Hope the rest of you have this good of an experience. Also.... another GREAT thing is that although I'm on clear liquids, I am NOT feeling the hungry pains I felt all last week on the Pre-Op diet.

OMG!! Good for you and I am so very happy you are doing so good! I go to San Antonio Tomorrow to be banded on Thursday morning. I am the 2nd of the day, my sister is first!

Congrats!!

I had my surgery yesterday too!

Oddly I feel hungry and full at the same time. I did have about 6 bites of Soup and couldn't eat anymore, yet my stomach is still growling "beneath the band"?

Is this possible? And boy I hope this won't be always because it's very uncomfortable!!! But I"ve lost 9 pounds in 7 days!

OMG!! Good for you and I am so very happy you are doing so good! I go to San Antonio Tomorrow to be banded on Thursday morning. I am the 2nd of the day, my sister is first!

Congrats!!

I was banded today! Felling pretty good. A little Gas pain in the shoulder but heating pad helped alot. Only a little soreness so far in my belly. Have not needed any pain meds yet.

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing good after surgery and everything went well. I have mines tomorrow at noon I'm a little nervous. I cant wait to be in the other side.

Good luck, you will do great!

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing good after surgery and everything went well. I have mines tomorrow at noon I'm a little nervous. I cant wait to be in the other side.

Hello everyone. I am scheduled for the 29th and my doctor doesnt have me on a pre-op diet. I am wondering if maybe i should start one that way I can get use to it. Good luck to everyone. My pre-op is on the 28th. Im scared and excited at the same time. I am scared that I wont wake up from the surgery and excited for the new me. I have never been thin (always the "BIG" girl). But I need to do this for my health.

I'm on the 29th, too. Let's keep in touch. I'm on my way to the hospital now. Good luck!

I'm on the 29th, too. Let's keep in touch. I'm on my way to the hospital now. Good luck!

Thank you!! Good luck to you to.

I have told some people and others only know about the hernia repair. When the questions come about how or why I am losing so much weight my plan is to tell them I've made a lifestyle change.

Me too telling people about the hernia repair. I feel it is no ones business and this is personal. Also feel that people will think I am weak and could not do it on my own and then the thought of failing. Oh, so much to think about. But I am think positive and will do it. Tomorrow is my surgery day and I will be able to look away from those Cookies and candy.........I hope.

Had my banding Monday the 27th at 7:30 AM. I was out and in recovery by 9:30. I felt great all day Monday and Tuesday - no gas pains, no incision pains! Had a little bit of a panic attack in the pre-op area, but as soon as the anesthesiologist gave me the Versed I was perfectly calm.

The nurses were so great - and my surgeon even surprised me with a gift and balloons for being his first patient! How great is that - the package had a small silver fork and spoon (just the right size for new eating), a pedometer, a glass that holds 4 oz and a Bracelet that you move the notches for each 2lbs you lose. Isn't he great??

I am feeling a little hungry today and I am sure I need to up my H20 intake. Had a Carnation Instant Breakfast and tinned cream of wheat for Breakfast and lunch.

It is so nice to have you guys in the same situation to talk to!

I'm scheduled for Jan 11th. I start my pre-op diet on Jan 1.....I'm not looking forward to that but I know I have to do it. I stocked up on broth, sugar free Jello and pudding as well as sugar free popsicles. I've got my Protein shake mix ready to go so I should be set. I keep waking up in the night wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I guess its just nerves.

Good Luck everyone!

Shelley

I am 2 days post-op. I had my gall bladder removed as well - in fact it was the consult for the gb surgery that led me to pursue the lap banding. I spent the night in the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon. As far as incision pain goes, it's not too terribly bad. The hardest is laying flat in bed and then trying to reposition myself or get up. I've been having gasbut have been able to get rid of it for themost part. I read someone's post that says Gas-X strips help, I might have to try some of those.

I was supposed to advance my diet from clear liquid to full liquid today. I tried some yogurt with Protein powder mixed in and 2 oz took me 30 minutes to eat. Then it didn't settle too well at that. so I've just been drinking liquids since then. I did make some sf Jello and it should be ready pretty soon so I will try that to see if it goes better than the yogurt.

I'm happy to be "on the other side" too! :D

Feel even better today! I actually went to work yesterday. My job is very demanding, especially at year end. I guess if I had my drothers though .... I would l have taken another day to veg. Today at work was much better than yesterday..... not quite so tired. I am however, looking forward to a 3 day weekend. :-)

I still have had NO pain... just yesterday, the wound sites started itching a little. Had my post-op Dr. apt this morning, and the PA took off the top layer of tape covering the stitches. I think that will help the itching.

Lost over 12 pounds in 2 weeks .............. Yahoo!!!