Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters for the week of December 27 ~ let's chat!

All of you scheduled for next week (the week of the 27th) or anytime in the next few weeks, LETS CHAT! I am scheduled for the 27th!

How are you doing on your pre-op diet?

Anything you want to talk about? Let's all get together on this thread and help each other!

Teri

Hi Teri,

I am being banded the 29th. Nervous is a mild way to put it. I am excited though, too.

Where are you located? I am in the Kansas City area.

We have two weeks of pre-op. I have two Protein shakes a day, and a low cal/low fat Healthy Choice dinner. I gotta tell you the dinner couldn't have come quicker the first two days-if my husband hadn't been sitting there I might have licked the plate :o)

I am on day 6, 11 pounds down, and everyone was right. I am not really "hungry". I had a shake at 7:00 am and a diet coke mid morning. I didn't even think about the lunch shake till 12:30. Dinner will be at 6:00, then some yogurt before bed (to take with the pills I hope to stop taking by next year!)

My mantr, when I am seeing or thinking about the other foods, is

"it's not worth it"

Not worth the 6 days I have already worked at this.

Not worth feeling crappy about myself for not staying with it.

Not worth going in to the doctor for my pre-op appointment with a low weight loss.

Not worth the pain of looking at myself in the mirror AGAIN with tears because I couln't love myself enough to just freaking stay on the program.

Hi Bandcamp! I am in Arkansas! I totally understand about the preop diet and licking the plate. hehe! I have been on full liquids since last Thursday. I can have anything on my list as long as I stay between 1000 and 1200 calories and have 3 Protein drinks a day. The fat free cream of chicken Soups and oatmeal are the only "food" type things on my list. Who knew low fat cream of broccoli Soup could taste so good?! :)

I am nervous as well, an I can totally tell that I am not eating what I used to eat. Like everyone says, each day does get better for me.

How much weight are you hoping to lose? I could lose close to 200 pounds, but my first goal is 100!

Nice to "meet" you!

Teri

Hello, Ladies. I'm having mine on Dec 29. I'm glad to see your post. I was beginning to think I was by myself this week. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet, but I'm still trying to cut back on my food intake.

I'm not nervous about the surgery, but I'm really nervous about the day after. Even though I feel very educated about the process...I feel like I don't know enough. I know, crazy, right? My friend had gastric bypass in 2003, she's coming to stay with me for a couple of days. Eight days and counting!!!!

Hi All!!

I'm scheduled for the 27th. I only have to do one week of clear liquid pre-op. Today was my first day. This is pretty hard... I guess I'll just have to take one day at a time. I'm only allowed, crystal lite, LOTS of Jello, tea, broth, and I'm sneaking in a small V-8. I feel like if I don't get some "nutrients" I might pass out. I'm really nervous too! and have to keep wrapping my brain around that this is the first day of my NEW eating habits for the rest of my life. I know I'll be so much happier and better yet, healthier!

I too feel I might be missing something... I want to know everything, even though I've already done tons of research. I'm so glad to have found this group so we can share!!!

My surgery is also scheduled for December 27th! I'm on day three of full liquids and it's really tough! I have allowed myself some low carb, low fat treats b/c I'm straving. I have 2 muscle milk shakes a day and they actually taste great. The first few days of sugar/carb withdraw is hard! I feel bad for the students at my school! I'm excited for this change. I want to lose about 80 pounds total and know I'm making the right choice!!! Anyone in the northern va area??

I am finally on day 7 and the "hungries" have started to disappear. I had a shake at 7:00 am and got busy at work and didn't have another till 2:00! I had to back off my beloved diet coke because I had pretty severe heartburn yesterday. :blink:

I am having my pre-op appointment in the morning! It is getting more and more real everyday.

Hi everyone!

I am going to be banded on 12/30 can't wait!

Two week pre op diet consists of Optifast products. shakes, Soup, ready to drink boxes and Protein bars. I am on day 7 and it really is going pretty well. I am eating around 800-820 calories a day. The first 3 days that were supposed to be the hardest were super easy. In fact I'm having trouble getting in all 5 of my Protein items in one day. I am down 5 pounds in the 7 days and 25 pounds since my journey to a healthier lifestyle began in June.

Still waiting on insurance approval. I've had to do a 6 month diet documentation with the doctor and then the paperwork gets submitted. Hope the approval comes soon, then I can really relax.

Bandcamp...I love your mantra and I'm going to repeat it too, if you don't mind.

My mantr, when I am seeing or thinking about the other foods, is

"it's not worth it"

Not worth the 6 days I have already worked at this.

Not worth feeling crappy about myself for not staying with it.

Not worth going in to the doctor for my pre-op appointment with a low weight loss.

Not worth the pain of looking at myself in the mirror AGAIN with tears because I couln't love myself enough to just freaking stay on the program.

Good Luck to ALL of us and a Happy Healthier New Year!! Finally, a New Years resolution that I can really stick with and don't have to worry about!\

Chris

Skinnygirl in 2011

I just found out that my surgery will be on the 28th! It's a good idea to get together.....helps with answers and emotional support. I wonder if the weekend will seem long....I was on the 2 wk diet here for 3 weeks just in case I got a call ! lol It surprised me that I don't miss carbs like I thought I might.

I am having my surgery on 12/28! I am so excited, nervous, worried, so many different emotions!! Ready to start my journey to a new, HEALTHIER me! Nervous that it wont work for me...worried I will have problems with the band..just trying to stay positive! I have worked so hard for this, fighting the insurance companies, I am just ready to be on the other side of surgery :P

I only have to do a 3 day liquid diet pre-op..but have lost 45 pounds since I have started this journey!

Mine is the 27. I'm not nervous yet but actually more excited. I have no pre op diet except for the day before which is a clear liquid diet for 24 hours. My biggest fear is the anesthesia which scares the poop out of me. Other than that all is good. Let's do this

Hello everyone, I am being banded in the morning, check in time 5:30, surgery 7:30..Yeah!!

I have been on Clear Liquids all day, even passed up my departments Christmas lunch. I know there will

be more Christmas lunches for me to attend with the new me, although I could taste those rolls... This was really hard since nobody at work knows what I am having done.

Good luck to everyone.

Welcome everyone! I am so glad to have "lapband friends" to chat with! Sorry for just now getting back to the thread.

My days are getting easier (I am on day 6 of full liquids.)

I will reply to each of you tomorrow, but I have a question for today... What are your plans to eat or drink for Christmas? I guess I will have oatmeal for an appetizer with cream of chicken Soup for my meal and sf chocolate pudding for dessert. ;) Anyone have any other ideas?

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Teri

I'm worried about Christmas too. I'm hostessing and making lasagna for 15 people. I'm on clear liquids til the 27th ~ my band date. The Dr.'s assistant said I could sneak one bite of the lasagna and to have a dry salad. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it yet. I don't want to cheat just because it's Xmas..... OLD habits die hard!! I think I'm just gonna do dinner as a buffet style and keep a low profile.. I'll be BUSY... in the kitchen... If anyone asks... I think I'm going to tell them that I'm having my hiatel hernia fix on Monday and the Dr. wants me to do liquid diet for 48 hours before. I've decided to not tell anyone about being banded yet. Just me and my hubby know.

I'm looking forward to others' ideas!!

Hey everyone! I am scheduled for 12/28. I have been on all liquids for 2 weeks now. I more week to go! I the first week was the hardest but seem to be doing good now. I have lost 16 pounds in 15 days so that is encouraging.