Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

vickyd- girl! you look so fabulous!!!!! what amazing pics.

great to hear what all the other December Divas (that includes you, Dave) are up to. As for me, I think I'm coming to the end of my journey....although its gotten *very* slow here at the end. Right now, I at 162lbs (5'8") and have been in the 160s for 2months. I'm somewhere between a size 10 & 8 and medium tops.

My original goal was 145lbs but I'm not sure thats the right endpoint for me. I've decided to shoot for 153-155lbs. I should be a solid size 8 at that point & then I can decide what the right next step is. Another 10lbs or plastics?

I know why its slow....too many carbs & sweets have crept back into my daily diet. Also, my work travel has jumped up a lot in the last 3 months and I struggle on the road. I'm better when I'm home & on a routine. On the positive side, I don't expect to travel for the next 4-6 weeks which means I can plan my meals, cook at home & hit the gym often. Also, I started doing a lot of cycling & really love it so I signed up for my first big race. Its in 2 weeks and its 67-miles. eek! Going out for a training ride tonight....

cheers,

chloe

AMAZING job Vicky!!! You look fabulous!!!biggrin.gif

This morning I weighed in at 224.8 which means I have now lost 100.2 lbs!!! I am so happy and wanted to show all of ya'll a picture of me from this morning "wearing" the jeans that fit when I started this journey. I've posted some before and now pictures on my blog if you're interested.

100lb11-0813.jpg

I'm going to try dropping my carbs for a few days. Though honestly I don't feel that low low carb is sustainable for me in the long term. And since I am looking long term I didn't want to go to low. But I'm going to try. As for the Protein drink, is the premeir shake good? The only one I was able to stomach so far is unjury, but it's 28g Protein when made with milk. I'd rather do rtd if possible. Where'd u buy it? Ad for calories I do about 1200 calories. Recently my protein like I said is low at sometimes like around 60g. I work out 5-6 days a week, for one or more hours. Usually burning like 450-550 per hour session more if it's longer. Like I said it's my polar monitor that I'm not trusting. My bodymedia should be here soon. Thanks for the advice Dave I appreciate it, I know how well you've been doing.

Thanks Jess. You're doing great, too! Just need to figure out how to get past this little speed bump. :)

I understand about the low carb not being a sustainable thing for you. I'm thnking if your'e exercising that much, the carbs may be adding to your sugar load, which is holding on the pounds. Cutting them back for a few days will be a good test.

I get you about Protein shakes. I liked Unjury best of all that I tried pre-op, then I discovered post-op that I'm apparently lactose intolerant. I tried faking it with soy milk and whatever else, but it was just too much hassle. I went with rtd shakes, and it was a no-brainer. I've never looked back. (But I also only drink one shake a day max.)

I buy Premier Nutrition shakes at costco. You can also get them (and other flavors) from the website www.premiernutrition.com. I used to drink rtd Muscle Milk LIght, but I found I like the taste of Premier Nutrition rtd chocolate shakes better. If it's served very cold, and shaken VERY well, and if you close your eyes, they pretty much taste like chocolate milk to me. Not a bad way to start the morning, and they're easy to drink. 11.5 ounces per shake is 30g protein, 5g carbs, 1g (or it may be 2g, I forget) of sugar. I get a box of 18 at costco for about $24, (watch for Costco coupons - they do go on sale for less), and I stick them all in the fridge. On my way out the door in the morning I grab one, and a straw (yikes - I drink with a straw! I have from Day One, with no problems...) and I'm good to go. By the time I get to work it's done, and I drop the empty carton in the trash. This gives my metabolism something to work on first thing, until I give it some solid food to digest later on.

I also like the Premier Nutrition Protein Bars Costco sells in their granola bar section. They come in a 24-bar, two-box pack, a mixture of three flavors: a Double Chocolate Crunch, a Yogurt Peanut Crunch, and a Chocolate Peanut Butter. They average about 260 calories or so, with 30g protein, 26g carbs, 9g sugar, and 6g fat. I keep a few in my desk drawer for emergency food, and only eat about a third of one at a time. They taste great, and are very filling. Perfect when you need a little something but don't want to go buy junk food.

Hope you can sort things out. Good luck!

Dave

great to hear what all the other December Divas (that includes you, Dave) are up to.

I don't mind a bit. Hell, I've been called MUCH worse! :)

Dave

Thanks Dave. I had looked it up online and found out about costco. I had been planning to go there to get my dogs eye meds anyways so I went today. I probably will try one tonight because I am very low on calories today. The thing about the carbs is like 29g of them comes from my Fiber One Bar that I have daily. (TMI warning) I have had Constipation issues for many years and I've found they help a little, so I don't want to give that up, but I will cut out the other things. We'll see how this test goes. I may drink half the shake before my workout and 1/2 after.

Thanks Dave. I had looked it up online and found out about costco. I had been planning to go there to get my dogs eye meds anyways so I went today. I probably will try one tonight because I am very low on calories today. The thing about the carbs is like 29g of them comes from my fiber One Bar that I have daily. (TMI warning) I have had Constipation issues for many years and I've found they help a little, so I don't want to give that up, but I will cut out the other things. We'll see how this test goes. I may drink half the shake before my workout and 1/2 after.

Good idea to test as you, er, "go." ;)

If you find you don't care for the shakes, remember that costco will take back the open box and give you a full refund. So you won't be stuck with them if you don't like them.

(My own TMI) As for the fiber thing, Costco also sells Fiber gummies. They taste (kind of) like Gummy Bears. I eat a few a day, and it keeps me sort of regular. My diet is higher Protein, lower glycemic carbs, and not a lot of volume, so bathroom visits for that reason are only a few times a week. The Fiber Gummies help the movement of such things when the need is there, if you catch my drift. :rolleyes:

Dave, who is chuckling over the personal things this forum gets me to admit... :)

Yeah I take the fiber gummies as well.

Just wanted to let you know Dave, I tried the shake last night, tasted decent, to me the injury tastes better, but I still liked it. Had one for Breakfast this morning and it actually tasted better than last night (weird), so I'll do this for a while and see what happens. Not sure if I should mention to my doc when I go in next time about having a Protein Shake for breakfast because he doesn't want me having liquid calories, but maybe I'll mention it because the fact that eating in the morning makes me feel awful for a few hours.

Just wanted to let you know Dave, I tried the shake last night, tasted decent, to me the injury tastes better, but I still liked it. Had one for breakfast this morning and it actually tasted better than last night (weird), so I'll do this for a while and see what happens. Not sure if I should mention to my doc when I go in next time about having a Protein shake for breakfast because he doesn't want me having liquid calories, but maybe I'll mention it because the fact that eating in the morning makes me feel awful for a few hours.

Sounds like a plan. I only drink one shake a day, and it's first thing in the morning. I try not to drink my calories, too, which is why I eat solids about an hour after having the shake. My fill PA advised me to get something into my stomach as early as possible every day, so my body would have something to digest besides my own muscles. After not eating all night, it wanted something to digest first thing in the morning. I used to delay breakfast for several hours, and I was losing muscle too quickly, and having trouble getting my daily Protein in. After balancing out my eating plan, things stabilized, and the morning shake seemed to fit in well.

I can't see your doctor having trouble with you starting with a shake, if you were to have a solid food snack after your workout. Better than you working out without any nutrition in your system, IMHO.

Dave

My band has slipped! I am so bummed! I went for a routine appt. today and the fluoroscopy showed it has slipped. I was deflated and instructed to stay on liquids as best I can until my appt. 3 weeks from now. The hope is that the band will slip back into place. I vomited a couple times this last week and have been struggling with fall allergies which make me produce more mucous and cough a lot. I am taking 3 different allergy meds daily.

Joan

That's awful! Please let us know how you're doing and what steps your surgeon suggests.

My band has slipped! I am so bummed! I went for a routine appt. today and the fluoroscopy showed it has slipped. I was deflated and instructed to stay on liquids as best I can until my appt. 3 weeks from now. The hope is that the band will slip back into place. I vomited a couple times this last week and have been struggling with fall allergies which make me produce more mucous and cough a lot. I am taking 3 different allergy meds daily.

Joan

OH NO!!! Just take care of yourself and I hope it slips back into place! Let us know how it goes! sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Joan

well I just counted and have 16 weeks before my one year. I am just shy 45 lbs away from my office goal....when I met the doc n he asked me what was my goal....i have to push myself so I can reach it!!!!

you are all doing awsome!!amy

I'm so sorry Joan! I hope the slip fixes itself. I know you've had issues with being to tight. Do they think that's what caused it?

I got my body media fit while I was at work yesterday, so I set it up last night and put it on this am, I hope this will give me some insight into why the scale is not moving, for almost 4 weeks now. I have an appointment next thursday and as of now I've only lost like 1.5lbs since my last one (it will be 6 weeks between visits), I had one scheduled at the 4 week mark, but rescheduled it since the scale had barely moved and I felt awful going in with virtually no loss. But it looks like it's gonna be that way anyways, since there's been no change since then. I do not want to face my doc with only this 1.5lb loss in 6 weeks!!! I'm sure he'll still be supportive. I mean I haven't changed my eating habits since my last visit and if anything I'm exercising the same amount, if not more. So I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Like I said hopefully this will tell me, I just gotta make sure I'm honest with myself and write down EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth, something I have not fully done before. So we'll see, I'm really hoping I can lose at least one before then if not I'm gonna be devastated, gotta get over this plateau, it's killing me. Not sure if stress has anything to do with it., because I've been stressed about my dog, but she's doing a bit better so maybe that will help.