Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Way to go BeerGut...you'e lost well over the last 9 months...well done! How did you find the P90X...did it get you ripped like the advertise?

It definitely kicks your ass and gets you into shape, no doubt about it. I don't have a perfect body, or six pack abs or anything liek that, but I am much stronger and my athletic ability is 25 times greater than it was before I started.

I lost about 26 lbs of fat and gained 15 lbs of lean muscle. I feel good.

We have been a quiet group!

I went for another check up yesterday, my band is still slipped and I have a hernia. So back to surgery I go. It is tenatively scheduled for December 8th, that's a lot of heart burn to deal with between now and then!

Even though my band is completely empty I still feel banded and have a reduced appetite, I guess due to the hernia?

Give us all an update and let us know how you're doing!

Joan

I'm sorry to hear that Joan, hope your surgery goes well.

As for me, I'm still having some issues. scale is not moving. So time to change things up a bit. I had a talk with one of the trainers at my kickboxing place (she does not know about my band, but I have a very tiny fill, so I really have no restrictions) she recommended eating some carbs, rule is they have to have 3 grams of Fiber or more. mulit grain and whole grains. WHich I have very rarely eaten since banding. WHat I'm doing right now is not working, so mine as well. She also went over this program that they do called "train for failure" which is 5 machines and you lift heavy until your muscles give out it is only one time per week, and she says it really reduces body fat. So as of right now I'm not going to concentrate on the scale, only on body fat. Which may not be good for when I go back to my doc, but if it works for me, whatever. She said not to count calories, just eat 6 meals a day, no carbs 3 hours before bed, or before a workout. She also recommended drinking 2 ice cold glasses of Water right when waking up. And Apple Cider Vinegar, I'm going to use it in tablet form since I don't think I'd be able to drink it and she was fine with that. As for the weights, I'm going to try it myself, but if I find I can't push myself enough, I'll probably sign up for their 10 week program, but it's $175 which I don't really have right now.

So that's how I'm doing. I'm going to avoid the scale for a little bit. I think it might be stressing me out. Actually she told me to get it out of the house, but I'm not ready for that. Though I have not weighed in like 5 days, so that's a start.

Sorry to be so quiet. I've been on vacation so haven't been around much. I learned how to maintain reasonable eating habits while I was gone, away from the gym and my normal eating routine. But my weight stayed the same, more or less, after a crazy visit to New York. I ate more, but I think I must have walked it off. I came home weighing within ounces what I did when I left. Now the next step will be getting back into my normal routine. This last ten pounds is proving to be more of a challenge than I expected it would be. All in all I'm doing great. How about the rest of you?

Dave

I'm still here too...although I admit to not being on here as much as I used to. I do blog almost daily so if you ever want to know what I'm up to you can check my blog.

I'm doing well. As of this morning, I have lost 113 lbs and I have 37 lbs to lose to reach my initial goal. Like Dave and Jess said, things have slowed down a lot...at this point, I am hoping to be in Onederland by my 1 year bandiversary (I have 12 lbs to go to get there).

Joan - I'm so sorry to hear that you will need to have another surgery but hopefully this will finally rid you of the heartburn you have been dealing with. Please keep us updated on how things are going...

I too have been gone from this site for a while. I was on vacation in late August... and found it very difficult to get back to my routine in Sept. All in all.... I only lost 1 pound in 6 weeks ~ just glad I didn't gain. However, I had another adjustment this past Saturday and now have to get back into the swing of things. During my vacation... I made some BAD food choices...and found it very difficult to focus on GOOD eating habits in Sept. I'm BACK now!!! I have to lose 45lbs to get to my goal and it seems the wt. loss is really slowing down. I can't believe it's been 9 months already..... Wow... time is surely going fast. I was hoping to reach my goal weight on Christmas.......I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but I'm going to really, really, really give it a shot.

Hope you all are doing GREAT out there!!

Hello all...I too have been guilty of not posting here very much. I usually just sign on and lurk for a few minutes. I also have been stalled for about 3 weeks now. Still at 226! I'm in a size 14 pants and large shirt so I'm happy! I have started running also. I'm doing a 5k Friday, a 10 miler on 10/22 and a turkey trot 8k Thanksgiving Day. I'm really loving it! I still go to the gym for step and strength training when I'm not running outside. I would love to be 199 on New Years Eve...we'll see. I have less than 3 months to lose 27lbs. The good thing is I feel great, I like the sexy woman that stares back at me in the mirror and I have found confidence that I never knew existed. I have way more successes than the numbers on that evil scale!!

Sorry to hear about your band slipping Joan. Please keep us updated on your surgery 12/8.

Eventhough alot of us are complaining about the scale stalls, we have done a great job! *standing ovation*

Just checking in!!! It's been awhile... Things are moving a lot slower now that I am getting closer to my goal. I still have about 31 lbs to go. I just had my 7th fill yesterday, I am at 6.30cc total now in my Allergan 10cc band. I'm sticking to the clears for another day, then I will try thicker fluids or mushies. I am hoping this fill will help the scale start moving so I can get into the 150's!! I am so sick of the 160's. I have had horrendous gas with this fill. I really don't understand why because I have not eaten anything solid in over 24 hours! Sounds like some of us December Bandsters are doing very well, and some of us are dealing with a lot of stuff! Have a great rest of your week everyone!!

Just checking in!!! It's been awhile... Things are moving a lot slower now that I am getting closer to my goal. I still have about 31 lbs to go. I just had my 7th fill yesterday, I am at 6.30cc total now in my Allergan 10cc band. I'm sticking to the clears for another day, then I will try thicker fluids or mushies. I am hoping this fill will help the scale start moving so I can get into the 150's!! I am so sick of the 160's. I have had horrendous gas with this fill. I really don't understand why because I have not eaten anything solid in over 24 hours! Sounds like some of us December Bandsters are doing very well, and some of us are dealing with a lot of stuff! Have a great rest of your week everyone!!

Wow, you are looking fabulous!!

Joan

I have never posted before. I had my surgery in December of 2011. 50lbs. down so far. My only problems with the band have been eating of course. Some days I can eat a variety of foods and then others I am pretty limited. I just have to eat very slow and chew of course very well. I am looking forward to get some ideas of what others eat day to day.

Look forward to being a regular here and reading up on everyone's journey.

s-weight.png

100# today!!!!!, 43 weeks since my Dec 17th 2010 surgery, I have 15 more to go. I have struggled mostly because I am exercising so much training for a triathlons its been hard to get in the right nutrition and calorie mix. I have had 2 adjustments in that time, I believe I have really worked the band, I could proabbly use a small adjustment now but im holding off for now. Anyway, just keep at if you are struggling, it takes time, we didnt get fat overnight it wont be undone overnight.

Phil,

I had the same problem when I was training for my triathlon. (I came in fifth in my division). I didn't lose weight for several weeks and still havent really sorted that out. The balance between input and output seems so fragile. Now, instead of counting calories I eat six or seven small meals a day consisting of only lean Protein (which is tough since I don't eat meat other than fish) and a veggie. Yes, tuna and snap peas are a common Breakfast or a boiled egg and Tomato. I figure I just need to keep my metabolism going all day long. I'm weight training four days a week now trying to build muscle and I figure I will use my body fat percentage as a guide instead of the scale.< /p>

Just had a wonderful caribbean vacation.... and lost a pound! I just love my band... it showed me that once I reach my goal I will be able to maintain my loss and still live a normal life. :)

Glad to see everyone is coming along well for the most part.... this year as really flown by hasnt it!

I'm still here!!!! just trying to whittle down those last few pounds like everyone else.

On Monday I weighed in at 151.4lbs. Its so surreal that I'm on the cusp of the 140s. Like a lot of other comments out there....it seems like its taken forever for the last few pounds to come off but at the same time it feels like just yesterday that I was going into surgery. my brain is definitely having a hard time catching up to my body.

I'm still working out a lot, tracking everything I eat & start every meal with Protein. Saturday I went out for a long bike ride & ended up going 70 miles. it felt SO great!!!! I feel strong & fit - totally new experience for me. :)

Joan - so sorry about the band slip!!!! please keep us posted on your next surgery. sending happy thoughts your way....

cheers,

chloe

Seems 1 year ago today I joined ths forum.... thanks for the reminder Alex.

In reality the year has really flown by.... but Ihave to say I am jeaous of so many of you who are nearing goal. I still have 60-80 lbs to go depending on which number I use.,.... and sometimes it feels like I will never get there but then days like today I think about how fast the year flew by and am happy with my progress so far. I need to loose 14 lbs more to get to an even 150 lb lost and that was my goal for my 12/9 band anniversary. I am looking forward to that!

Keep up the good work friends.... we are all doing so well!