Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I'm doing well too. My weight loss has started to slow a bit but I got a Bodybugg for my birthday last week and I think it will help me figure out how to change things up to get things moving better. I've also started doing ZUMBA 3-4 times a week and am starting to become addicted to exercise!

I also had a crazy NSV tonight... DH and I went shopping to buy me a yoga mat for a class I am starting tomorrow and he went over and brought me 2 50 lb weights and told me to pick them up...I couldn't do it...the thought that I carried that much extra weight on my body at my heaviest was unbelievable!! No wonder I had so many aches and pains back then!

Congrats Dave!!

Man, the last 2 months have been INSANE (moving, many sick family members, death in the family, being unemployed for 9 months). My diet pretty much went out the window :-/. I'm giving SOME effort, but not enough to lose any weight. Things are starting to steady out in my life though which is good, I got a great full time job, and most of my family is back to ~somewhat normal~ so I can get back to focusing on it... I'm just so out of motivation. I'm thinking maybe I need a fill. I'm really not sure though. I recognize I eat out of habit, usually not because I'm hungry, but I do find myself getting hungry now that I am on a normal schedule. I eat Breakfast at 6, then by noon I am usually starving, which I could go longer before, or I would never feel absolutely starving. I almost feel like maybe I need to talk to the psychiatrist or something, I'm just massively losing the mental battle right now. *sigh* I dunno. Well, it didn't take me 8 months to gain all this weight, so it will take me longer to lose it!

A few things I've noticed, lose skin.. is gross. I'm only 26, but my arms, and my stomach and my legs have so much skin. It's not so bad, but like my stomach kinds sticks out now. How about you guys?

Also what about gas, I feel like the burping gas is crazy! I have so much of it. Especially if I like sit bunched up for a long time, or have tight jeans, it's so painful!

Anyone watch Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition? Can I hire the hot trainer, I think he is about the only person that could make me exercise laugh.gif

Congrats Dave!!

Man, the last 2 months have been INSANE (moving, many sick family members, death in the family, being unemployed for 9 months). My diet pretty much went out the window :-/. I'm giving SOME effort, but not enough to lose any weight. Things are starting to steady out in my life though which is good, I got a great full time job, and most of my family is back to ~somewhat normal~ so I can get back to focusing on it... I'm just so out of motivation. I'm thinking maybe I need a fill. I'm really not sure though. I recognize I eat out of habit, usually not because I'm hungry, but I do find myself getting hungry now that I am on a normal schedule. I eat breakfast at 6, then by noon I am usually starving, which I could go longer before, or I would never feel absolutely starving. I almost feel like maybe I need to talk to the psychiatrist or something, I'm just massively losing the mental battle right now. *sigh* I dunno. Well, it didn't take me 8 months to gain all this weight, so it will take me longer to lose it!

A few things I've noticed, lose skin.. is gross. I'm only 26, but my arms, and my stomach and my legs have so much skin. It's not so bad, but like my stomach kinds sticks out now. How about you guys?

Also what about gas, I feel like the burping gas is crazy! I have so much of it. Especially if I like sit bunched up for a long time, or have tight jeans, it's so painful!

Anyone watch Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition? Can I hire the hot trainer, I think he is about the only person that could make me exercise laugh.gif

Congrats on the job! Believe me I know how hard it is finding a job, especially one in your field. My problem is that I have loads of education, but no work experience and I live in Louisiana, enough said! I would wait to get a fill because you kinda don't know right now if you are just eating to eat or are truly hungry. You don't want to be over filled because that's horrible, but a fill would definitely kick start things, so maybe you do. I think it's pretty normal to be hungry after 6 hours maybe you could sneak in a snack to tide you over. Seeing a psychiatrist will do wonders. Take it from me. Moving away from friends, family, and boyfriend and having a job where co-workers suck will definitely take its toll on your mental state. Don't be ashamed or afraid to seek help or get medication. It does wonders! If you've been through that much and losing motivation I suggest it. They can probably help you put things in perspective. When you emotionally feel better you automatically get that confidence and motivation back.

I've got the dreaded bat wings and my stomach is really getting in the way! It looks horrible, but it's nothing a little plastic surgery won't fix. ;) I've got gas from both ends and it really sucks. Thank God I have my own office. I've noticed that taking a chewable probiotic (you can find them for $5 online, but I think they are a little more expensive in the store) helps with the gas a little, but nothing helps with the burping (I just deal with it).

BTW Chris would definitely be my motivation! Unfortunately I can't afford him, so I have to motivate myself to exercise. This is the longest time I have consistently stuck with exercise and I am really proud of myself. I just tell myself it will be over soon when I'm on the treadmill or lifting weights. I mean what's an hour out of your day, 3 days a week? The time goes by so fast, then you can shower and get on with the rest of your day. Also, I don't overdue it. I exercise 3-4 times per week and rest on the weekends. I am trying to lose some additional weight for my b-day, so I'm getting in the gym (when it's open, it's on the campus where I work and free) 2 or 3 times per week and the rest of the days I'm doing home DVD's. I would jog/walk on the local walking trail, but it's so hot I don't want to pass out or have all those damn tan lines. I heard that the Jilian Michaels Shread is really good. I ordered it off Ebay for $10, but have yet to receive it. I have been doing the Hip Hop Abs, which I also ordered from Ebay for $10. I just had to stop making excuses and just do it. I realize I have to be a parent to myself. When I do what I'm supposed to do I reward myself and when I mess up I get punished. I usually reward myself with clothes, since everything in my closet is too big anyways and punish myself by not going out to eat or getting that 100 calorie snack I wanted. It's so hard, but we both can win the battle. Good luck!

Congrats Dave!!

Man, the last 2 months have been INSANE (moving, many sick family members, death in the family, being unemployed for 9 months). My diet pretty much went out the window :-/. I'm giving SOME effort, but not enough to lose any weight. Things are starting to steady out in my life though which is good, I got a great full time job, and most of my family is back to ~somewhat normal~ so I can get back to focusing on it... I'm just so out of motivation. I'm thinking maybe I need a fill. I'm really not sure though. I recognize I eat out of habit, usually not because I'm hungry, but I do find myself getting hungry now that I am on a normal schedule. I eat breakfast at 6, then by noon I am usually starving, which I could go longer before, or I would never feel absolutely starving. I almost feel like maybe I need to talk to the psychiatrist or something, I'm just massively losing the mental battle right now. *sigh* I dunno. Well, it didn't take me 8 months to gain all this weight, so it will take me longer to lose it!

Hey Heather!

Have you been attending a lap band support group? I think some therapy sessions would benefit you. I never can go 6 hours without hunger but am slowly losing. I wouldn't base getting a fill on your hunger at 6 hours. When is your next follow up appointment? It seems like you have had a lot to adjust to and maybe you just need a little time.

I also burp a lot! Luckily it is without others noticing, lol.

Hang in there, get back to basics and the weight will start coming off again!

Joan

Heather, sorry to hear of your struggles. But come on, girl! Time to set aside the troubles, and get back on the horse! You know how easy it is to fall into the "I'll do it tomorrow" rut. Don't go there! You were on such a roll for awhile - let's go for it again! I'm here to help!

I've had my slowest weight loss month so far - only four more pounds lost since my last post in this thread a month ago. But combined with being sick with a stupid Summer cold for two weeks, having a birthday, and having a ton of family visiting, forced into eating out too much, and lots of upsetting-my-apple-cart daily routine, my weight loss was lousy this past month. But time for excuses is over!!! I'm back at it in earnest, and expect to catch up over the next few weeks.

I have a follow-up appointment with my fill PA on the 17th, and I want to impress him with how well I've done. (See, even after all this weight lost, I'm still looking for approval from authority figures... LOL!)

Dave

Hey everyone, figured I'd bump us back up, see who is still checking in... I know I haven't in a while. I have stopped losing weight, but my body transformation continues daily. I'm just starting my 3rd Phase of P90X and I can't believe how out of shape I used to be, and how much I can do now.

My biggest complaint; I can see my port when I take off my shirt ! I'm so stoked I'm starting to see ab muscles... but my port is annoying. Oh well.

Anyway, this past week has been strange. Some days, I can eat and eat and eat, because my metabolism has increased greatly from working out 6x a week, butthe past few days, I've been getting first bite syndrome. I take a bite, no matter how small or how much I chew it up, I always feel it having a hard time going down. I've PB'd maybe 5 times in the last 7 days. Not very fun. Not sure if I should get an unfill because I don't think I'm getting any appetite suppression from the band right now... Thoughts ?

WTG on the P90X Beergut! Not sure about the fill. I went on vacation last weekend and I seem to be up a pound and I've been kind of stuck since I got back though. I need to give myself a nudge so I'm going to do Protein Drinks only for the next 2 days.

I'm having a problem though, since I got back basically every meal I get nauseaus after. I'm getting concerned. I have had this happen a number of years ago and a few weeks of a perscription antacid cured it. I'm going to try to go on either famotidine or omeprazole til my next doctors appointment and see if it clears up. Otherwise I'll have to talk to my doc. I'm not having heartburn or reflux, just nausea.

I'm still here! My triathlon is less than a month away! Yikes!

The scale hasn't moved much over the past month but the clothes I bought a month ago are definitely getting loose. I had to buy new workout pants - in MEDIUM! I can't believe it.

Im working in trying to eat more since I'm training hard and exercising six days a week. I'm using my bodybugg to help me figure out the range of calories that will get the scale moving again.

How is everyone else doing?

Congrats Dave! 100 pounds is awesome. That is my goal for my one year bandaversary! rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Thats my goal as well, 100# by Dec 17th 2011.

Hey everyone, figured I'd bump us back up, see who is still checking in... I know I haven't in a while. I have stopped losing weight, but my body transformation continues daily. I'm just starting my 3rd Phase of P90X and I can't believe how out of shape I used to be, and how much I can do now.

My biggest complaint; I can see my port when I take off my shirt ! I'm so stoked I'm starting to see ab muscles... but my port is annoying. Oh well.

Anyway, this past week has been strange. Some days, I can eat and eat and eat, because my metabolism has increased greatly from working out 6x a week, butthe past few days, I've been getting first bite syndrome. I take a bite, no matter how small or how much I chew it up, I always feel it having a hard time going down. I've PB'd maybe 5 times in the last 7 days. Not very fun. Not sure if I should get an unfill because I don't think I'm getting any appetite suppression from the band right now... Thoughts ?

Ive started training for a Sprint triathlon and Ive noticed this type thing as well, weird, Ive only had 2 fills with a totla of approc 6cc in a 10cc band, at my last check up they were on the fence as to whether i needed an adjustment, I wanted to wait because with burning between 4000-4500 calories per day it can be a struggle to get in all the required nutrition. Ive gone back to food logging to compare and see if Im off track. So keep up the good work.

4th day in a row w/ First Bite Syndrome, and it's really starting to piss me off. I don't know what to do. Might have to see the Dr this week. I even tried drinking warm tea first, then warm Soup, and chewed the hell out of my first bite, and still wound up sliming all over myself. Getting frustrated about being forced to a liquid diet...

Doing great so far!! Down 110lbs today. Had a fill today...3rd one...Dr said tummy fat is shrinking so band loosens...thus the fill. Still have a long road but am hoping the next 7-8 months are a successful as its been so far. Glad to read everyones progress. Keep up the good work!!

I'd suggest that you either drink warm/hot Water several times a day and before meals and or that you drink a small amount of pineapple juice before meals. Both of these ideas were recommended to me by my lap band NP. Also, Prilosec has helped me a lot with my stomach issues, also recommended by my NP.

Great job on the exercise! I can't relate about taking my shirt off because that is not something I'll do in public ever again, anyway, LOL!

I went back to work after not seeing most people since school got out June 1st. It was wonderful to receive SO many compliments!

Joan

I'm gonna have to do something. Maybe go grab some pineapple juice, because, this is day 5 of my forced liquid diet. I just had my worst experience yet. Got some chicken noodle Soup and three bites in I got "the feeling". You all know what I'm talking about, the I wanna burp but don't wanna burp feeling, the rumbling gurgling around the pouch. Ugghh, I sipped on some warm Water and ran to the bathroom and wretched into the toilet. It's the hardest I've ever thrown up with the band, and now I'm very aggravated. Definitely going to call the doc on Monday and try to get in there asap.

This morning I weighed in at 224.8 which means I have now lost 100.2 lbs!!! I am so happy and wanted to show all of ya'll a picture of me from this morning "wearing" the jeans that fit when I started this journey. I've posted some before and now pictures on my blog if you're interested.

100lb11-0813.jpg