Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Hi Ashley3819.

Im also scheduled for nov 5th and feeling a little nervous:scared2:. I have been on the pre-op diet for 12 days now but am happy with how i have done i have had a few slip ups at first but now its all good. Good luck to you on surgery day. Would love to catch up and see how you go.:)

Queenslander

Most definitely. We are the same age and being banded on the same day. I'd say that we should become friends. :hi:

I'm Banded!!!! Had my surgery yesterday morning. Everything went fine. I'm sore and moving slow but nothing unbearable. Guess I got lucky no bad gas pains.... just a little last night after I got moving around some. Came home this morning, the pain meds are good and sugar free Popsicle are great.

John: GREAT to hear from you - just what I was hoping for! I go in to the hospital tomorrow at 11:20; surgery at 1:20. I hope for the same experience as you. Remember (you and all): I've started a "November Bandsters" post-op thread for us to follow our progress on!

Best,

Deb WS

I'm scheduled to have surgery November 16th. It is a bitter sweet thing for me. My husband and I had plans to do it together. I was notified today that my husbands insurance does not cover this procedure. My insurance does so it was not a problem for me. Now I feel bad for him. :) He was there with me for every step that we needed to take. Attended all the required classes and all my doctors appointments. All that was left for him to do was all the tests that they run before. We are 2 hours away from my doctors office, so needless to say it was a lot of traveling and time off work for him as well. TOTALLY BUMMED!

Hey all! I'm scheduled for Nov. 5th and I'm a little nervous. I know the procedure is safe and I have nothing to worry about but I'm nervous.

I'm on day 2 of liquids and I'm starving!! I miss chewing and can't stop thinking about all the foods that I would love to have one more time. I guess that's what goes along with an addiction.

I'm really excited to start my journey. :wub:

HI, I AM NEW TO THIS. MY DATE IS NOV 9. I AM HAVING MY BANDING IN JOILET, IL. I AM SCARED AND EXCITED ABOUT THIS. I AM TRYING TO GET ON MY PRE OP DIET. BUT AM HAVING TROUBLE. food IS DEFINITYLY MY ADDICTION,.:rolleyes:

I ENJOY READING ALL THE ENTRIES. THIS IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT!

I was tentatively scheduled for Nov 23rd, just got the call yesterday that it is for sure December 8th. So I'm going to take my butt on over to the December thread, but wish all you November bandsters the BEST of luck!!! Can't wait to follow up on all your progress. !!

My day is tomorrow! I'm not sure if that feeling in my stomach is nervousness, excitement, or lack of food!

Deb, hoping you are doing well!!

G Rose, good luck tomorrow!

Day 3 of the pre-op diet...I notice I get so hungry at the end of the day!! I had to take a SF/FF Jell-O cup to tie me over till dinner, which is in about 30 minutes. Then my pudding later!!

Thanks! At least I'm the first patient of the day....means I don't have to sit around dying of thirst and hunger all day.

What time is your surgery?? What time do you have to be there?? I have my pre-op testing tomorrow at the hospital. Maybe I 'll see you there!!

Hey everyone! I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet. I don't have to do the liquid thing. I'm on the Atkins induction phase. I slipped today and had a pretzel dog. LOL...it was really good.

I'm back on track though. So how is everyone doing on their pre-op? Good luck to everyone having surgery this week.

Dawnya

I am required to have 14 days of Liquid Protein. Wish my doctor told me that I could have one Protein hot meal. This is the beginning of a new life -- new journey. Banding on 11/22. Very excited. I am taking the Thanksgiving week off... I'll probably have to stay doped up all week to forget about the hunger and pain . Any suggestions?

I am officially banded. Everything went really smooth. I have had some pain with the incisions but it is mostly gas pain. Things are looking up. This is one of the best decisions I could have made. Good luck to all of you getting banded the rest of the month. We all need to offer positive support to one another and I know we can make it through this. :)