Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

That is why I am low carbing, because it isn't about calories. You get to eat a whole lot more than you would if you were counting calories. Plus since it is all about Protein, you stay satiated longer.:thumbup: When I did this before, the weight came off at a more regular pace.

~Kelly~

:smile: I'm not sure I could eat much more food. 1/2 cup keeps me satisfied right now. I don't have that stuffed feeling that I was getting when I was first filled. I can eat a little more, but it certainly isn't going overboard. I still only average 775 calories per day. Yesterday, I actually made it over 1000, and I was happy. My carbs were in the low 50s, so I was very happy with that. Maybe I should focus on keeping my carbs around 50 - 70, and I think that would make me happy. Not make me feel like I'm dieting. Right now, I don't feel like I'm dieting. I want it to remain that way. I never knew how difficult this was going to be.

My brother called me this afternoon to see how I was doing. He was banded on June 12 of this year. I was telling him that I actually gained 4 pounds over the weekend, and he laughs at me. He is losing between 3 - 5 pounds a week. He weighed a hundred pounds more than me when he started, and I'm very happy for him, but.......:thumbup:

:smile:

Hey gals, looks like everyone is doing good.

TimandMich, that sounds scary. Glad you stuck around though and were able to get it taken care of quickly.

I have been doing ok. Today is 3 weeks post op. I started back at work on Monday, but only worked Mon and Wed. I was bad at work yesterday and ate some mini m&ms. That is my problem, the whole time I was off I was fine, but as soon as I got to work the cravings kicked in. I work at cvs and am surrounded by candy all day. They say to eliminate the things you crave, and I never have them in my house, but unless I quit my job I don't know how to get away from them.

I also was really mad at work yesterday. I work with this shift supervisor that is a 23 year old boy, and he just doesn't understand. Monday I was only working 6 hours, but I asked him if I could take a break, since it was my first day back and I didn't want to overdo it. He got really snotty with me, but gave me 15 minutes. I was able to gulp down a Protein Shake. Then yesterday I went in at 2:30 even though I was supposed to start at 4 because the store manager asked me to come in early. Well he didn't believe I came in early, and was snotty again about giving me a break. I ate at 1 pm (my first meal of the day), then showered and came to work. I was working until 10. There is no way I can go that long between meals, and since I am only able to eat small amounts at once, if I don't get 3 meals I won't be getting enough Protein in. Finally at 7:45 he gave me a break, but asked me if I was gonna take a full half, so I said no I'll do 20 minutes. I guess I was tight because I had trouble swallowing the shake, and I think it's because I was stressed out. But of course because I only had 20 minutes I couldn't take my time so I had to suffer through the pain and keep drinking it.

I am working with him again tomorrow. I am scheduled for 4-10, but might be going in early. I NEED to take a break so I can eat. I am a cashier and am not allowed to eat at the register, so I don't know what to do. I am tired of him getting annoyed at me. Yesterday I was practically crying because I was hungry and I knew I needed to eat. I wish I had a job where I could do what I wanted and didn't need permission from a punky kid to eat or pee. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that you have so much trouble at work. Are you okay with telling your supervisor or your Human Resource person about your surgery? If you are, I would explain to them your current limitations and needs for reasonable accomodations. This is only temporary; they may work with you. If not you might want to get a note from your medical provider stating your "medical needs" and accomodations at this time and speak with Human Resources. I was put on Family Medical Leave and on the form it asked for restrictions when coming back to work. Did you take Family Medical Leave? You want to protect your health and your job. Hope you can get this resolved.

Edited by Butterfly2010
wording

Sorry to hear that you have so much trouble at work. Are you okay with telling your supervisor or your Human Resource person about your surgery? If you are, I would explain to them your current limitations and needs for reasonable accomodations. This is only temporary; they may work with you. If not you might want to get a note from your medical provider stating your "medical needs" and accomodations at this time and speak with Human Resources. I was put on Family Medical Leave and on the form it asked for restrictions when coming back to work. Did you take Family Medical Leave? You want to protect your health and your job. Hope you can get this resolved.

Well, my entire store knows about my surgery. We don't have human resources, at least not locally. Probably up in corporate somewhere but I'm not going to involve them. If I told the store manager I am sure he would do something about it, but I don't want to get this guy in trouble. I didn't take any formal sort of leave, I just told my store manager I was having surgery and I wanted 2 weeks off. He is very concerned with me and making sure I am ok, but he hasn't been there when I've been working. I was considering the note thing, because I do need to be able to eat. I'll see what happens tomorrow and get one next week if I need it.

I started back at my boot camp yesterday...it felt awesome! Since my weird fill this week, and beginning back at exercising, I've lost 4 lbs and I have energy again! :thumbup: yay!

Thanks for all your encouraging words....yeah still holding firm on that platue!

I won't be able to begin induction until Wed. because that is when I go grocery shopping.

I need to finish up my fat free cottage cheese, etc. I really can't afford to throw food out at this point. Lucky for me there is not that much left.

I'm hoping some of you will join me on the low carb band wagon while we are ALL in this stupid phase. Seems like all of us are struggling right now from hunger or weight loss stalls.

My boyfriend just laughs at me and says "poor baby"! Then says but 25 pounds is alot! I say I'm ready to throw a temper tantrum and kick my feet and hold my breath blah blah blah.

In Sept. of next year there will be this huge reunion for the elementary school that I went to in the tiny town where I grew up.

Anyone and everyone who attended this school will be there, and I want to look fantastic! Call me vain, I don't care. I wan't to look fit and healthy. I want to look maaavuuuulus daaahhlliinng!:thumbup:

Anyway, I just think that the low carb way will really make the weight roll off ( just like it did before) for me.:thumbup:

If anyone wants to join me, I think it would be a great support network, just like this forum already has been.

Future Thin Person

Kelly:wink:

@ Kelly: Sounds great! Count me in on the low carb. The focus is on high Protein anyway, which the PA reminded me of at my first fill. Hadn't been around for a while. I teach Kinder and for the first few weeks of school, I had 25 Kindergarteners in my class and no aide! For all you teachers out there, you know it was a rough first few weeks back. They finally levelled the classes so now I am down to 21, would have preferred 18 but can't complain!

Just had my first fill on 9/17. I was having some stomach pain at night. Did an xray and the band was fine. I got a small fill and will be returning on 10/4 to see if everything is ok and if I still have pains. Also, I can receive a fill on that day. We are able to go in for fills every 3 weeks for the first four months and then it is up to you after that. You don't have to get a fill every appt, but it is nice to know you have the option and can talk to someone if you have issues. Doc encouraged me to watch fibrous foods (broccoli stalks, asparagus) I am thinking those are veggies that lessens what I am able to eat even more! However, I am down 26 lbs including my pre-op diet. 18 lbs since surgery so I am very happy! Looking forward to updating and losing with you all on our low carb challenge!

Well, I have been officially on induction (phase 1) of Atkins for 5 days. I lost that stubborn 5 pound gain that I had, plus another 1 pound. I chose to ignore the 5 pound gain on my ticker, until I got it back down:redface:......but in the last 10 days i have lost 6 pounds, and have not been hungry.

I know I feel better mentally and physically. I just think carbs are poison for me.

I also increased my walking time (only by 5 more minutes) but it is still an increase:wink:!

I go to get my next fill in 2 weeks and 4 days, and I am excited about that......hoping that it will help my appetite that much more.

If any of you are interested you can get 3 Atkin bars and a handy carb counter book for free......they are yummy! Go to Atkins.com and it takes like two days to get them.:thumbup:

All for now,

~Kelly~:thumbup:

Kelly, I'll be joining you.

I have my first fill on Wednesday 9/22. I need that badly because my hunger has really increased and even though I am eating much less because of the built in restriction with the band . I am eating a lot of things I know I shouldn't.

After Wednesday I'll be on liquids again for a couple of days I assume and then after that I'll be able to eat what I want hopefully and I will be having chicken and beef and fish and turkey and cheese and I'll be happy.

I can't wait. I think I'll do much better when I'm really cleared to eat what I want and I can truly plan my low carb thing. I feel guilty now for eating chicken and things that I'm not really cleared for like regular Soups but I have had no problem with them and I feel great otherwise.

Dee

I started back at my boot camp yesterday...it felt awesome! Since my weird fill this week, and beginning back at exercising, I've lost 4 lbs and I have energy again! :thumbup: yay!
Finally getting my first fill on Tuesday! I can't wait!

I have been having a tough time recently. I can eat anything and have!!! eek!! I go for my first fill on tuesday, same as you spoiltmom. Timandmich, I'm so encouraged by your fill. I'll keep you all posted!

Going for my first fill on Friday!!! I generally stay away from carbs all together! its hard but i feel better without them. i had a nice ceasar chicken salad my hubby made last night. His was a big one and mine a baby salad. I found creative ways to make my food seem delish!

We all can do this !!

Oh ....i went and got a partime 8 hours a week at my fav clothing store to buy clothes as i need them at a 40% discount. Its my fun no brainer job. Im actually excited to start this wednesday night. The Dental office is stress to the max so it will be nice having a fun job on the side.

I have been having a tough time recently. I can eat anything and have!!! eek!! I go for my first fill on tuesday, same as you spoiltmom. Timandmich, I'm so encouraged by your fill. I'll keep you all posted!

me took, I feel like I have no band at all. I ate crab legs over the weekend and a glass of wine! I can;t wait till my first fill on 9/30.

hi...i'm new here...my name is pam, i was banded 8/4/10 and i'm soooooooooooooo lost... :thumbup: I feel like there is NOTHING different from before i had the band. I had my first fill on the 9th and felt a bit of restricition for about 2 days..that was it!!! No it's all back to normal! Well maybe not Normal..i am noticing that i eat about half of what i used to eat at a meal..but i'm hungry not too much later. I'm getting sooo frustrated :smile:

I just needed to vent... sorry...i haven't lost any weight since right after my surgery... i'm sooo disappointed in myself.

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam :wub:

I was banded on August 26th and I am down almost 20lbs and I am starting to feel it in my clothes, but I can eat pretty much anything I want right now. I have no restrictions either. I am just keeping it low cal and high Protein and that seems to be doing the trick, although this weekend I splurged a little and had some wine.

I also have downloaded on my iphone the my fitness pal app and it has helped me so much. I can see if I am keeping my cals and carbs low and also if I am getting all my protein. I have never been good about journaling my food but I have kept up with this for 2 weeks now and I love it, helps me be more conscious of what I am eating.

Stay strong everyone. I can't wait for my first fill in a couple of weeks either!

Courtney

Lost those stubborn 4 pounds that I had gained last week. Ended up having to up my calorie intake from 700 - 800 to 1000 to 1100, and voila they disappeared. Guess my body needed more fuel.

I did goof up yesterday. We had a retirement ceremony at church yesterday for one of the church staff. I grabbed a punch not thinking about it. Took 3 little sips of it, and then realized it had ginger ale in it. I won't make that mistake again. It made my stomach hurt at just 3 little sips.