Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Hey all. I finally broke through my plateau. I had been hovering around 264-266 for the last 2 weeks, and I was getting frustrated. Yesterday I went to a Mets game and then into the city, and did a lot of walking, including up a lot of stairs. I am even sore today. Well, as of this morning I am down to 262, yay! And I even had pizza for lunch, go figure, lol.

I have what I consider a dumb question.

I started out this journey in a size 30/32. It was a tight 30/32. I could have probably worn a bigger size than that even. I'm now in a 22/24. How many dress sizes do I say that I have lost? Is it 2 or 6?

A NSV yesterday. I pulled off a pair of size 24 capris without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

Going for my first fill on Friday!!! I generally stay away from carbs all together! its hard but i feel better without them. i had a nice ceasar chicken salad my hubby made last night. His was a big one and mine a baby salad. I found creative ways to make my food seem delish!

We all can do this !!

Oh ....i went and got a partime 8 hours a week at my fav clothing store to buy clothes as i need them at a 40% discount. Its my fun no brainer job. Im actually excited to start this wednesday night. The Dental office is stress to the max so it will be nice having a fun job on the side.

Actually that is a great idea!

I have been having a tough time recently. I can eat anything and have!!! eek!! I go for my first fill on tuesday, same as you spoiltmom. Timandmich, I'm so encouraged by your fill. I'll keep you all posted!

Good luck to both of us tomorrow!!

Good luck to both of us tomorrow!!

YES!!! Good Luck. I'll be anxious to hear how you made out.

I have what I consider a dumb question.

I started out this journey in a size 30/32. It was a tight 30/32. I could have probably worn a bigger size than that even. I'm now in a 22/24. How many dress sizes do I say that I have lost? Is it 2 or 6?

A NSV yesterday. I pulled off a pair of size 24 capris without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

Well, let's see.

22/24

24/26

26/28

28/30

Is that how it's sized? If so, then you are down 4 sizes already! That is amazing.

How is everyone doing??? we need to keep each other posted!!! how are all the fills going? im having mine Friday!

~Jennifer~

Well that was discouraging:( September 2nd I had a hysterectomy. My Ob/Gyn's office called my surgeon to verify that my band was empty. The nurse told me and my Ob/Gyn that it was indeed empty.

So I go in today for my first fill and the surgeon says he's going to add 3-4 cc's and I'm excited thinking maybe that will be a big change from nothing to 4 cc's but nope. The nurse was wrong. There was already 3 cc's in my band from surgery so he added one more. Now I'm at 4. I'm back on liquids for 2 days and then onto normal foods. I'm hoping that 1 cc will help some b/c I'm starving lately!!

Oh and painwise it hurt but only for a second. It wasn't bad at all.

Well that was discouraging:( September 2nd I had a hysterectomy. My Ob/Gyn's office called my surgeon to verify that my band was empty. The nurse told me and my Ob/Gyn that it was indeed empty.

So I go in today for my first fill and the surgeon says he's going to add 3-4 cc's and I'm excited thinking maybe that will be a big change from nothing to 4 cc's but nope. The nurse was wrong. There was already 3 cc's in my band from surgery so he added one more. Now I'm at 4. I'm back on liquids for 2 days and then onto normal foods. I'm hoping that 1 cc will help some b/c I'm starving lately!!

Wow Amanda, I can see how that would be discouraging because you felt you had nothing in your band and your starving and hoping for your 1st fill so that you can get some restriction and then you find you already have 3cc's in there.

I hope I don't find the same thing tomorrow when I get my 1st fill. Hopefully this 1cc will help you to have a little more restriction.

I don't think I have anything in my band. I will be discouraged too if I go there tomorrow and he already tells me I have some Fluid in my band. BUmmer!!

Have any of you noticed that we are all losing weight at about the same rate reguardless of what we are eating or doing.......like we have all gone through the fast dump of pounds around surgery time, the slight gain, then that damn plateau. But oh the hunger! I guess this just ain't gonna happen overnight or as fast as we would want.:)

I can't wait to get me second fill in two weeks and three days!:thumbup:

Well, all for now

Kelly:wink:

Kelly, I was just wanting to respond to you in the B&A thread but the mods are gonna kick us out of there because that thread is for pics only.

I'm a low carb fan too but now I'm thinking that I may do Weight Watchers on a low carb tip so that I can have more balance and be able to eat yogurt, Soup and my flat out wraps when I'm craving a sandwich and I can even make a pizza with the flat out wraps. The Winter is coming I crave hot Soups and chili and stew in the Winter. I'm not much of a sweet eater but when I crave I also want to have a Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich or Fudge bar (1-2 pts each) they are delish.

We are all in about the same range of losses. I'm hoping that by the end of next month I will be down at least 30lbs.

I think I'm gonna set up some mini-goals that are realistic and hopefully attainable.

I can't wait for my fill tomorrow. My appt. is for 9:45. I'll be there bright and early.

Dee

Dee - I was thinking of doing Weight Watchers too. I've found a website that calculates the points for you online for free. I've found a website that has a LOT of WW recipes on it with the points already figured for me. Most WW recipes that I've cooked, I've really enjoyed.

Monica, That sounds great

Please share if you're so inclined. We can trade meal ideas and tips.

I've done WW so many times. I still have a lot of my info but I may send for the WW at home to get the latest info if the meeting times are inconvenient for me.

I want to make this journey as stress free as possible. I want to enjoy the journey and not feel starved. When I did WW I had a lot of variety and choices like Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice and deli-selects and salads all the things I like and I didn't feel starved.

Still thinking about it but leaning more towards it because I love low carb but I need a lot of structure.

Dee

Oh that sucks!! I'm sorry that was a disappointment.

My fill today was a bust, too. I have to go to the hospital and have it done under x-ray. No particular reason he just wants to do the first one under xray. I was bummed. So I have to wait another week.

Oh that sucks!! I'm sorry that was a disappointment.

My fill today was a bust, too. I have to go to the hospital and have it done under x-ray. No particular reason he just wants to do the first one under xray. I was bummed. So I have to wait another week.

I'm sorry, but didn't he know he wanted the first one done under x-ray before today? These Doctors !!!

How frustrating.

Dee