Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Wow Amanda, I can see how that would be discouraging because you felt you had nothing in your band and your starving and hoping for your 1st fill so that you can get some restriction and then you find you already have 3cc's in there.

I hope I don't find the same thing tomorrow when I get my 1st fill. Hopefully this 1cc will help you to have a little more restriction.

I don't think I have anything in my band. I will be discouraged too if I go there tomorrow and he already tells me I have some Fluid in my band. BUmmer!!

I'm hoping maybe that other 1 cc will make a difference but it was definitely not what I was expecting!

[/b]

I'm sorry, but didn't he know he wanted the first one done under x-ray before today? These Doctors !!!

How frustrating.

Dee

RIGHT!!! I think it's his staff. They are awful.

Monica, That sounds great

Please share if you're so inclined. We can trade meal ideas and tips.

I've done WW so many times. I still have a lot of my info but I may send for the WW at home to get the latest info if the meeting times are inconvenient for me.

I want to make this journey as stress free as possible. I want to enjoy the journey and not feel starved. When I did WW I had a lot of variety and choices like Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice and deli-selects and salads all the things I like and I didn't feel starved.

Still thinking about it but leaning more towards it because I love low carb but I need a lot of structure.

Dee

Gina's Skinny Recipes

I've made 4 or 5 recipes already off of her site.

Thanks ladies. I pulled out all my WW materials.

I'm a little excited. :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. I pulled out all my WW materials.

I'm a little excited. :thumbup:

I was on WW on and off now that I'm banded I was hoping to not go back to them. I was hoping I wouldnt have to "DIET"

Am I wrong to feel this way? I know that in order to lose the weight I will have to eat better and make good food choices I was just really hoping to not have to diet.....

Diane- Sorry your fill was a bust. Hopefully this week will pass fast and you'll get a good fill.

Thanks! :):thumbup:

IDK. I figure at first until we get good restriction that we'll have to diet. I just don't see any way around it.

Well that part makes sense I understand until good restriction dieting is a must I was just hoping it wont have to be an all time thing from now on.

I was thinking of doing WW. My doctor wants me on a strict diet, no carbs, no Beans, no nuts, nothing but lean Protein, veggies and fruit. He also wants me to do 2 Protein Shakes per day until goal. That is worse than any diet I've ever done, and I'm pretty sure I won't be doing it. I've been doing mostly low carb since moving to mushies, but I have had beans. I have not been doing 2 protein shakes a day, that is just torture. I did not get banded so I could be on a diet like that. So I am thinking WW will be a much better option than that. When I did WW before, I was always hungry after I'd reached my points for the day, so I am hoping it will be easy to do it now that I am banded. WW is pretty lenient about what foods they allow, but all of it in moderation which is what the band is all about anyways.

I am jealous of all you guys getting fills. I have 4 ccs in there that the doc put in during surgery. I am not allowed to have a fill until I am 6 weeks out, which would be in 2 weeks. However, I am going to visit my sister in Okinawa in a month, and I am going to need to get unfilled for that, so it won't make sense to get a fill until after I come back. I really hope he'll do more than 4 ccs when I get back though, I hope he doesn't try to go back up slowly, because I do not have restriction right now. I've figured out my full sign (a runny nose) and can stop but I get hungry within 1.5-2 hours after eating.

I was on WW on and off now that I'm banded I was hoping to not go back to them. I was hoping I wouldnt have to "DIET"

Am I wrong to feel this way? I know that in order to lose the weight I will have to eat better and make good food choices I was just really hoping to not have to diet.....

I understand how you feel. I was hoping that too but like I said earlier I need structure.

I think with the band when we hit good restriction that we will lose well without dieting because we just won't be eating much of anything but until then I need a plan to keep me on the straight and narrow. Without restriction I am hungry all the time and I need healthy , satisfying options. I like that with WW you can eat most everything within reason.

Maybe I'm thinking wrong.

Dee

Why do you have to get unfilled when you go to Okinawa?

I think you hit the nail on the head: it shouldn't be an all the time "diet". I watch "normal" people eat--people w/o obesity issues.....I think WW is a healthy way of eating....not a "diet"....and I also think it's going to be OK to not micromanage points..splurge when you want to, in moderation...and in general try to eat healthier. I guess I feel like WW's could be as much a tool as the band is in re-learning how to eat...and rebuilding a relationship w/food.

No idea if that makes sense...it's clear in my head... LOL

Why do you have to get unfilled when you go to Okinawa?

There are no facilities in Okinawa to care for me while I am there in case of an emergency. If for some reason my band were to become too tight, not allowing anything down including liquids, there might not be anyone to help me. Most ER employees in America can not access a port, so I am not taking my chances overseas. I have my whole life to lose the weight and it is just not a risk I am willing to take.