Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

I was totally going to post about this why oh why am I gaining weight when I eat less and way better then I was pre-band?

I totally felt that this is another diet gone bad I told myself this, this morning but others have commented on my face looking thinner and my clothes fit better so it cant be all that bad.

I have put my scale away and have decided not to weigh until Monday the 20th (lets see if I can hold off that long).

I too am just waiting on my fill next month to help with the hunger pangs..Good Luck to us ALL!!!

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

I hear you but this can't be just another diet.

Hopefully, after we get our fills it will be easier to control the appetite and we will start to lose at a steady clip.

I too am feeling better in my clothes and my stomach has gone down a lot.

My neighbor knows that I was banded and she asked me tonight how I was doing with it and I told her I'm plateauing right now but she says she can totally see that I lost.

I was hoping to be down a total of over 25lbs when I went back to my Dr .

I hope he doesn't withhold the fill because he thinks I'm not really trying. Can that happen?

Dee

Thanks for asking tara...I don't know that I should go into too much detail......I think what happened w/me was rare....if y'all want to know, I'll share....but for now I will say I had a fill, and slight unfill all today. I feel great now. We'll see if this restriction lasts...gives me hope.

Thanks for asking tara...I don't know that I should go into too much detail......I think what happened w/me was rare....if y'all want to know, I'll share....but for now I will say I had a fill, and slight unfill all today. I feel great now. We'll see if this restriction lasts...gives me hope.

I want to know . We're all learning.

I hope you didn't have too much of a bad time.

Dee

I want to know too.

I've had one fill, and I'm ready for another one. It has been 3 weeks, and I can tell that it is time. My next one is not until the 30th.

Ok... Just didn't want to freak anyone out...I'm one of those people that if it can happen, it'll happen to me. LOL

So, went in, had vitals done, than went into the room to have my fill under fluoro. Turns out she stuck me so many times on monday b/c we were in the wrong place-my port is a good 3" lower than we thought. So, found it- but could not reach it. So, she had to get the 2.75" needle....after some digging around- we found it. She took out what was in there: 3.5 cc's... Then put back a total of 5 cc's. Then I sat up to drink the Water. I took a sip..burped twice. Tried another sip~ burped more. Felt a little strange, so sat in the waiting room to try to finish my water. Took another tiny sip...and my chest hurt a little. Meanwhile I'm having this conversation w/myself in my head: Michelle, stop...this is normal...you're fine...you've just read too much online......... Meanwhile my fingers are tingling...I am sweating like crazy....and the lady at the desk is like: ms. Andrews, are you ok? Umm....noooo... They took me back to the room to check my bp: never had bp probs, but anyway---174/105!! I felt sooo bad...they put me on the table...took out 1 cc of saline...and I had instant relief. Stopped the sweats...finished my water...and bp dropped back to 118/68. Whew....and I feel great. Satisfied w/my shakes right now...mushies tomorrow, solids on friday.............pretty scary experience..but happy outcome...

Oh....so, moral of the story? Don't be too anxious for an aggressive fill! I was so stoked that she was putting another 1.5 cc's...turns out, for me, .5 was plenty! So, now I have 4. Of course a lot of surgeons don't put any during the operation like mine did.

I go back Oct 6th if I feel I need another.

I was banded on 09/10/10 in Vegas! Who was your surgeon?

Wow- thats scary! Its a good thing you stuck around the doctors office after your fill! My doc didnt do the fill under fluoro but she had a pretty easy time finding my port. I did drink a little bit of Water while in the office and it went down just fine. I've noticed a slight difference in my hunger level and the amount I eat since my fill! I've lost 3 lbs since last Friday bringing my total back to 31 lbs. I had lost 31 after surgery then went to mushies and solid foods and gained back 6. So Im glad to be back to where I was!

Well I have Been banded a whole month! I am doing pretty good :wub: Making my video blogs and whatnot.. I go in for a fill in a couple of weeks and im down about 20lbs so im pretty happy with everything! I hope everyone is doing well and timandmich that sounds crazy glad you stayed in their office longer to make sure you had that fill right! my husband is always ready to get out of their building as soon as possible and he always takes me!

I want to know too.

I've had one fill, and I'm ready for another one. It has been 3 weeks, and I can tell that it is time. My next one is not until the 30th.

You know you and I were banded at the same time. I only have had one fill, I am full all day.. are you on solid food?

Hey gals, looks like everyone is doing good.

TimandMich, that sounds scary. Glad you stuck around though and were able to get it taken care of quickly.

I have been doing ok. Today is 3 weeks post op. I started back at work on Monday, but only worked Mon and Wed. I was bad at work yesterday and ate some mini m&ms. That is my problem, the whole time I was off I was fine, but as soon as I got to work the cravings kicked in. I work at cvs and am surrounded by candy all day. They say to eliminate the things you crave, and I never have them in my house, but unless I quit my job I don't know how to get away from them.

I also was really mad at work yesterday. I work with this shift supervisor that is a 23 year old boy, and he just doesn't understand. Monday I was only working 6 hours, but I asked him if I could take a break, since it was my first day back and I didn't want to overdo it. He got really snotty with me, but gave me 15 minutes. I was able to gulp down a Protein Shake. Then yesterday I went in at 2:30 even though I was supposed to start at 4 because the store manager asked me to come in early. Well he didn't believe I came in early, and was snotty again about giving me a break. I ate at 1 pm (my first meal of the day), then showered and came to work. I was working until 10. There is no way I can go that long between meals, and since I am only able to eat small amounts at once, if I don't get 3 meals I won't be getting enough Protein in. Finally at 7:45 he gave me a break, but asked me if I was gonna take a full half, so I said no I'll do 20 minutes. I guess I was tight because I had trouble swallowing the shake, and I think it's because I was stressed out. But of course because I only had 20 minutes I couldn't take my time so I had to suffer through the pain and keep drinking it.

I am working with him again tomorrow. I am scheduled for 4-10, but might be going in early. I NEED to take a break so I can eat. I am a cashier and am not allowed to eat at the register, so I don't know what to do. I am tired of him getting annoyed at me. Yesterday I was practically crying because I was hungry and I knew I needed to eat. I wish I had a job where I could do what I wanted and didn't need permission from a punky kid to eat or pee. :wub:

You know you and I were banded at the same time. I only have had one fill, I am full all day.. are you on solid food?

Yes, I'm on solid food. I don't get hungry until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I've just noticed over the last few days, that I could eat more. I make myself not eat more than what I'm allowed, but where I used to get full on the 1/2 cup, I don't any more.

That is why I am low carbing, because it isn't about calories. You get to eat a whole lot more than you would if you were counting calories. Plus since it is all about Protein, you stay satiated longer.:wub: When I did this before, the weight came off at a more regular pace.

~Kelly~

Ok August rushers...

I need to know. Is anyone else having poop issues? I don't poop for days. I eventually gove in and take some MoM, but now that I am back at work I am afraid, as the need to go comes on fast and furious. I am on week 1 of the high Protein puree stage (liquids + soft eggs, shreddeed tune/cicken, pureed soups).

I'm not drinking as much Water as I should, but even when I was...:wub:

I have been on solids for about a week and a half and I thought that would solve the poop issue but I find that I am still adding benefiber every other day to stay regular. It's definitely the lack of Fiber - at least for me.

Ok... Just didn't want to freak anyone out...I'm one of those people that if it can happen, it'll happen to me. LOL

So, went in, had vitals done, than went into the room to have my fill under fluoro. Turns out she stuck me so many times on monday b/c we were in the wrong place-my port is a good 3" lower than we thought. So, found it- but could not reach it. So, she had to get the 2.75" needle....after some digging around- we found it. She took out what was in there: 3.5 cc's... Then put back a total of 5 cc's. Then I sat up to drink the water. I took a sip..burped twice. Tried another sip~ burped more. Felt a little strange, so sat in the waiting room to try to finish my water. Took another tiny sip...and my chest hurt a little. Meanwhile I'm having this conversation w/myself in my head: Michelle, stop...this is normal...you're fine...you've just read too much online......... Meanwhile my fingers are tingling...I am sweating like crazy....and the lady at the desk is like: ms. Andrews, are you ok? Umm....noooo... They took me back to the room to check my bp: never had bp probs, but anyway---174/105!! I felt sooo bad...they put me on the table...took out 1 cc of saline...and I had instant relief. Stopped the sweats...finished my water...and bp dropped back to 118/68. Whew....and I feel great. Satisfied w/my shakes right now...mushies tomorrow, solids on friday.............pretty scary experience..but happy outcome...

Wow! Is that a normal response to an over-fill?

timandmich, Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I have never heard of that happening before. That's why its good to share. You don't know maybe your post will help someone to slow down after their fill and prevent a serious problem.

I have never heard of an overfill making your BP rise like that. Very scary.

I got a tip from looking at one of the Vlogs of a lapbander on Youtube about using light Flatout wraps to make a tuna sandwich so I went out last night and bought 4 pkgs. They come in different flavors like spinach, sundried tomatoes, wheat and original .They are really good and a very band friendly "bread" plus 1 pc is 90 calories and has 9g of Protein each. I made a turkey wrap and had that with 3 mini Kosher pickles...scrumpdiliumptious!!

I just realized that today is my 1 month surgiversary. I sure

wish I was down 30lbs by now but hopefully by the end of next month I will be down 30 lbs.

I know this is not quick weight loss but I can't help but wish.

Dee