Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Hi Everyone, So glad I signed on today to see the updates from everyone. I feel like I am in the same boat. I wasn't hungry at first, but I think my head is playing games with me telling me I am hungry all the time...just like the old days!! When my stomach does get hungry and I eat I can only eat a little which is good. I went out the other night for dinner for my daughters 16th bday and I ate half a baked potatoe and one chicken finger with no skin. It was great, but then came her party with cake and icecream...UGH I had a tiny tiny piece of cake and a scoop of icecream and I was full. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am up 3 pounds!! I don't understand how I could of gained 3 pounds when I am eating hardly anything. The nutritionist said that you usually gain when you go to foods from protien drinks but I know I am not getting the calories in to even gain and I am exercising an hour a day. It is very upsetting, but I am trying to stay positive. seeing all the posts, and seeing that I am not alone helps. Thank you everyone :(

Im really glad I stopped in today to read all the updates...It seems things vary so much from surgeon to surgeon. I'm on full liquids starting today till the end of the month. According to my sheets from the doctor that doesn't include much more than my clear liquid diet. Strained cream Soups are the new thing I'm allowed. So can some of you share what your full liquid diet was.? I'm definitely in bandster hell cause I'm starving.

Let's all try to keep our eye on the prize. Good Health for ALL!!!!:(

I think this group is a wonderful support.

my next dr. apt is the first week of October - not sure if I'll get a fill or not...I'm not even sure if I have restriction now. It seems I can drink quite a bit at a time not sure if that means anything. ALthough I do try to sip slowly.

Have a great day everyone :P

Tara

Thanks for all your encouraging words....yeah still holding firm on that platue!

I won't be able to begin induction until Wed. because that is when I go grocery shopping.

I need to finish up my fat free cottage cheese, etc. I really can't afford to throw food out at this point. Lucky for me there is not that much left.

I'm hoping some of you will join me on the low carb band wagon while we are ALL in this stupid phase. Seems like all of us are struggling right now from hunger or weight loss stalls.

My boyfriend just laughs at me and says "poor baby"! Then says but 25 pounds is alot! I say I'm ready to throw a temper tantrum and kick my feet and hold my breath blah blah blah.

In Sept. of next year there will be this huge reunion for the elementary school that I went to in the tiny town where I grew up.

Anyone and everyone who attended this school will be there, and I want to look fantastic! Call me vain, I don't care. I wan't to look fit and healthy. I want to look maaavuuuulus daaahhlliinng!:P

Anyway, I just think that the low carb way will really make the weight roll off ( just like it did before) for me.:(

If anyone wants to join me, I think it would be a great support network, just like this forum already has been.

Future Thin Person

Kelly:wink:

That sounds great Kelly. I would love to join you on the low carb bandwagon as that was always my plan.

Right now, I'm back to my Protein Shakes which include the greek yogurt and fruit and I will be eating a reg. meal for lunch.< /p>

I've already strayed so far from what I'm supposed to be eating.

I want to at least be down a good solid 20-25lbs when I go for my 1st fill so my surgeon can see I am trying.

What do you plan to do when you have a fill and have to go back to Protein shakes and yogurt for a couple of days?

You don't sound vain for wanting to be down by next Sept. as I said before I wanted to reach goal by my year surgiversary too that would bring me to next August.

I'm beginning to doubt that the way I feel now but I'm hoping it gets better after my fill.

I just did my Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk so I feel good about that. I'm hoping to build on that every day and eventually work up to doing something 2x a day to get me to my goal.

Dee

For full liquids I actually did any Soup I wanted I just put it in the blender first. It's more filling that way:)

What a good Idea!

low carb?? Not sure cause I never have tried but I will try anything to lose this weight. So count me in1

That sounds great Kelly. I would love to join you on the low carb bandwagon as that was always my plan.

Right now, I'm back to my Protein Shakes which include the greek yogurt and fruit and I will be eating a reg. meal for lunch.< /p>

I've already strayed so far from what I'm supposed to be eating.

I want to at least be down a good solid 20-25lbs when I go for my 1st fill so my surgeon can see I am trying.

What do you plan to do when you have a fill and have to go back to Protein shakes and yogurt for a couple of days?

You don't sound vain for wanting to be down by next Sept. as I said before I wanted to reach goal by my year surgiversary too that would bring me to next August.

I'm beginning to doubt that the way I feel now but I'm hoping it gets better after my fill.

I just did my Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk so I feel good about that. I'm hoping to build on that every day and eventually work up to doing something 2x a day to get me to my goal.

Dee

Actually my protien is only 3 carbs per scoop, that would be a big 10-4 for fills! broth is low carb, egg drop Soup is low carb, mushies could be egg salad or tuna salad etc.

HI

i had surgery 8/26/2010 and i did pretty well with the surgery and recovery, i am 3 wks now and i get my first fill at the end of the month, but is there anyone out there is filling like me, i can eat everything, even Water goes down normally, i can feel where my port is, but i wonder do i really have a LAP-BAND® on or is there something wrong, let me know

I was band the same day as you and I am in the same boat. I can eat just about anything and water goes down easy too. I'm ready for a fill but still have to wait a few more weeks.

HI

i had surgery 8/26/2010 and i did pretty well with the surgery and recovery, i am 3 wks now and i get my first fill at the end of the month, but is there anyone out there is filling like me, i can eat everything, even Water goes down normally, i can feel where my port is, but i wonder do i really have a LAP-BAND® on or is there something wrong, let me know

I was banded the same day and I am in the same boat. I can eat anything and water is fine too. I am so ready for my first fill. Glad to know Im not the only one like this.

Actually my protien is only 3 carbs per scoop, that would be a big 10-4 for fills! broth is low carb, egg drop Soup is low carb, mushies could be egg salad or tuna salad etc.

I'll join you on low carb'ing it...My pre-op was low carb and I did well. I drink Isopure 0 carb protein...

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

I'll join you on low carb'ing it...My pre-op was low carb and I did well. I drink Isopure 0 carb protein...

How much and where do you get isopure?

So...fill didn't happen. 30 minutes and lots of pokes later...still no luck. She said she does not think anything is "wrong"... Just "deeper" than she is comfy "digging" w/o doing it under xray. So..... We try again wednesday. Other than that, things seem good. Fun times~ if something weird can happen? It'll happen to me. Let y'all know what happens Wed.!

How much and where do you get Isopure?

I got it from GNC they have different flavors the powder was on sale for $39'ish you just gotta make sure they say "Zero carb" Isopure.

The chocolate one was low carb but the strawberry and Cookies and cream one was "zero carb' they had other flavors as well....

You can also go to http://www.isopureplus.com/ and http://theisopurecompany.com/index.php

to find stores near you.

Edited by zeniada
wrong link

In a much better frame of mind this afternoon. Went to the store, and made it out of there without any thing that could sabotage me.

Going to make quiche tonight for supper, and have a salad to go with it.