Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

My biggest issue right now is not buying new clothes!!! Im a clothes whore! I would regret spending lots of money then wasting it not wearing it too long.

I need to just stay away from the mall.

Now i guess if thats my biggest complaint im doing great!!!

Hi I was banded in Mexico Augus 17th. I am new to forums, and still trying to navigate my way around, can I join this group?

You are now officially an "August Rush" 2010! BAM! Welcome: )

Hey guys!

So I was kind of bad today. We went to a garlic festival because we got free tickets. I could have eaten so many things, but all I had was some garlic chowder and a fruit smoothie. The chowder had potatoes in it but they melted in my mouth. It was really good.

You definitely sound like me now! The band has given me so much hope and confidence! I'm down 25 pounds total and I'm not feeling like I'm starving to death to get the weight off. I'm so happy I did this!

I hear you . I am very happy too and even my friends that don't know I was banded have noticed it. I don't feel like I'm starving either. I have cravings but somehow just saying what it is out loud makes me laugh about it and move on. I'm going to try to keep this attitude and let it move me forward.

Hello, everyone. I haven't been on in awhile. Just moving along. I have not lost any weight since my initial loss during the liquid weeks. I am finishing up my last mushy week and will add solids soon. I am discouraged because I'm not losing but also I feel like I can eat and eat and eat without restraint. And I know there have been times that I have over eaten. I don't get my first fill until the 20th.

Otherwise I feel great. doc told me to take it slow on the exercise so I have only resumed dancing. I am going to start back at the gym this week and at least walk. But I do feel good enough to do weights too. We'll see.

I'm glad everyone is hanging in. Can't wait to hear how the first fills go!!

I'm having my first fill on 9/22 so I'll be right behind you. I don't know what my Dr's policy is but I'm going to ask for an aggressive fill so it won't take me forever to get to that sweet spot. I'm excited about it!!

Hang in there Diane it will get better.

My biggest issue right now is not buying new clothes!!! Im a clothes whore! I would regret spending lots of money then wasting it not wearing it too long.

I need to just stay away from the mall.

Now i guess if thats my biggest complaint im doing great!!!

I feel you. I love clothes too and I have always bought a lot of clothes the more insecure I became with my weigh the more I bought. Expensive ones too , from Nordstrom and Bloomies hoping they would help me to not look so big :) that includes expensive shoes and designer bags too. I can't wait to be at the size where I can buy great clothes and not spend so much money. I'm looking forward to now fitting back into the things I haven't been able to wear in a while. Because I love good clothes I refuse to buy stuff now that will just go to waste.

I'll be saving that money for goal day when I head to Nordstroms to buy a whole new wardrobe from the underwear out. :smile:

Hey guys!

So I was kind of bad today. We went to a garlic festival because we got free tickets. I could have eaten so many things, but all I had was some garlic chowder and a fruit smoothie. The chowder had potatoes in it but they melted in my mouth. It was really good.

Sounds good to me. Just go back to eating well at the next meal. We have to learn to live with this band.

Dee

Went to my first support group recently,

Learned a bunch of good things that i thought i would share.

1. No aspirin products at all...will make you bleed .

2. a sign of being full could be one hiccup , runny nose , or a throat feeling.

3. you can lose hair at the six month mark, they reccomended nioxenshampoo, and B12, and of course Protein.< /span>

4. too tight is worse than not enough.

5. protein and Water is your best friend.

keep on truckin fellow rushers!!!

~Jennifer~

Thanks Beachbunny...

What a helpful list also makes me think I should seek out a support group.

I was banded 8/30/10....and feeling better every day!

Also wanted to add...

I'm amazed by all the different diet plans (for lack of better term) that doctors have..My plan is Clear Liquids + Protein Shakes for 2 weeks, then full liquids for 2 weeks then soft foods...I'll be really honest, I'm starting to feel hungry and I'm dying for some strained cream Soup and I think I'm going to have some tonight. I do go to my dr. on Tuesday and I will tell him and hopefully he will be ok with it.

btw, my dr did not require a liquid diet prior to surgery.

I also believe the only reason he is seeing me at 8 days past surgery is because 1 day post op I developed pneumonia. He did say he wants to get me filled early on but I believe that doesn't start till 5 or 6 weeks post op...

Sorry this is such a smattering of information just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts

Thanks

Tara

I haven't been on for a week or so. I'm trying to catch up. First, I'm jealous of all that weight loss out there. Yes, I'm down 20 pounds but some of you have an extra 10 on me and you got banded after me! Good for you!

I had a fill on Friday. Let me tell you, it is something. The doc gave me 4.5 cc's in my band. It was TIGHT. Of course, I didn't know that till I went home. Only shakes for two days but of course being the rule breaker that I apparently am, I ate the next day. I could NOT sleep. I felt like I had a baseball in my chest all night. I had a ton of gas and diarrhea too. TMI I know.

Anyways, things have settled down but I can see how you can lean to the liquids when you are tight because you don't want to go through that feeling. I will see how I am in a couple of days when I am eating more solids before I go for an unfill. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to but I won't go through another night like I had two nights ago!

I haven't been on for a week or so. I'm trying to catch up. First, I'm jealous of all that weight loss out there. Yes, I'm down 20 pounds but some of you have an extra 10 on me and you got banded after me! Good for you!

I had a fill on Friday. Let me tell you, it is something. The doc gave me 4.5 cc's in my band. It was TIGHT. Of course, I didn't know that till I went home. Only shakes for two days but of course being the rule breaker that I apparently am, I ate the next day. I could NOT sleep. I felt like I had a baseball in my chest all night. I had a ton of gas and diarrhea too. TMI I know.

Anyways, things have settled down but I can see how you can lean to the liquids when you are tight because you don't want to go through that feeling. I will see how I am in a couple of days when I am eating more solids before I go for an unfill. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to but I won't go through another night like I had two nights ago!

Hey, Jen. Glad to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing. I don't get a fill until the 20th. Let us know how you are doing. I'm a little nervous now about my fill! lol.

Well, happy Labor Day everyone. Just thought I'd check in too. Well, still hungry as hell, but learning to live with it. Try to figure how much volume I can get for the least amount of calories! I have been walking 20 minutes every morning, of course, with my wieny dog "Sophie". I have lost 27 pounds since Aug. 3, so I'm pretty happy 'bout that. I get my first fill on this coming Thurs. (can't wait) I am hoping it helps! Glad to hear everyone of you Aug. bandsters of doing O.K.

Peace out, and party on

Kelly:wink:

I'm trying to stay positive and happy that I'm losing 1 - 4 pounds per week now that I'm eating. It isn't easy. I'm wanting to lose the weight quickly.

Monica it sounds great to me that you are losing 1-4lbs per week.

That's all my Dr told me to expect. I know what you mean though about wanting to lose more. I do too so it won't be easy but I know the only way to speed it up is to exercise consistently and that's what I plan to do.

My ultimate plan is to exercise 1-2x per day while actively losing.

Are you exercising?

Jen sorry about your episode. I had my first "stuck" episode already too. If you were able to eat and not bring the food back up it seems like your fill was alright but maybe you ate too fast or too much. With our bands 1 extra spoonful can be too much. I learned that the hard way.

I had a pc of salmon it was a small pc. of filet but when I got to the last bite I felt full but I said "I can eat this last bite" BIG mistake as it went down my throat it felt like a knife in my spine it stuck in my throat. I guess I could have PB'd but I fought it because I hate to throw up but in hindsight that would have been better. I was uncomfy all night into the next day . I developed a bad headache and just felt miserable for parts of 2 days. Never again!

Dee

Dee - Yes I am. Just ordered the Zumba DVDs, so that way I can do them at home when I can't make it to the gym. This has been the best I've felt in years.

Dee - Yes I am. Just ordered the Zumba DVDs, so that way I can do them at home when I can't make it to the gym. This has been the best I've felt in years.

Me too, I got the Zumba DVDs also. I will alternate that between Walk away the pounds and my treadmill to start out with.

I have to make a confession...I'm getting really obnoxious since being banded.

Every time I see a heavy person now I say to my DH or to myself "they need a lapband!!"

I have 90 more lbs. to lose myself. I have a lot of nerve!! :)

Dee

Me too, I got the Zumba DVDs also. I will alternate that between Walk away the pounds and my treadmill to start out with.

I have to make a confession...I'm getting really obnoxious since being banded.

Every time I see a heavy person now I say to my DH or to myself "they need a lapband!!"

I have 90 more lbs. to lose myself. I have a lot of nerve!! :)

Dee

I am also thinking the same thing, maybe it is just a phase! Maybe the longer we have our bands and the more weight we get rid of it will wear off!