Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Well I had my first post op appointment today. I am down 10 lbs.

As of yesterday I am on full liquids, which to my doctor means Protein shakes with my Clear Liquids. Well, I am still hungry on that, so I am also doing some small amounts of strained Soups.

My next appointment is September 10th with the dietitian and that's when I get to move to mushies. I can't wait, lol.

2 days after that I have a baby shower to go to. I am considering skipping it because I don't know what I'll be able to eat. It's my husbands cousin and I am not close to her, but I already bought a present. Wish I knew what I would feel like and what food they will have to know if there will be some things I could at least pick at. Dh's family doesn't know about my surgery so if I go and don't eat they will wonder why.

Just eat before you go and bring your own drinks tell them you are on a diet!

Hello all! I am 14 days post op and doing great. I have my first follow up with my Dr next Tuesday and I am hoping to be able to get my first fill then. I am on regular food, and so far haven't had any problems. I don't know that I have restriction ( I don't feel anything weird ) but I know I eat very small meals and feel full. I am having a problem with the Protein. I know I am not getting enough in...I cannot take any of the Protein shakes ( I have tried several ) I gag and just can't get them down :biggrin: I know this is very important, and I also know this is why I am still very tired and have no energy.

My question to those that have lost so much weight post op is

1. What are you eating

2. How much are you excercising

Hope all of the August Rush is doing great!!! Keep up all the good work.

NightNurse, you should be able to get in enough Protein even without the shakes. Always eat your Protein first, and if that is all you eat at a meal, it's ok.

High protein foods include greek yogurt, eggs, chicken, fish, tofu, tuna, etc.

Also, have you tried any of the unflavored protein powders? You can add them to your food and you don't even know they are there and they up your protein amounts greatly.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, and ice cream was on sale. I stared longingly at it. Would turn the carton over to look at the fat, carb, and calorie counts to see if I could justify myself in getting it. I stood there for 5 minutes, and I'm sure that people wondered why the fat woman wouldn't just go ahead and grab some. Then I remembered....I DON'T LIKE ICE CREAM. I shut the door, and I pushed my cart to the checkout. Didn't want those 45 minutes on the treadmill to go to waste.

Just want to say thanks for all the helpful info on here. I'm weighing myself weekly as to not get too dependent on the scale. My first week out of surgery I was down 12 pounds. This week though I started eating pureed foods and was up 1.6 pounds. I realize though that I'm still healing and that it's pretty normal to gain some weight when first introducing "real food" again and before I get my first fill. So thanks for staying so positive on here ... it's helping me get through the days!! :))

Hello everyone! I was banded on August 30. Feeling pretty good so far, a decent amount of gas pain, but other than that I feel good. I have to say though, it is weird for me when I am drinking. It's almost like I can feel the liquid stop for a minute and then go all of the way down. Did anyone else experience this? Today was only post op day 3, and I am starting to get a little Protein down. I was drinking Isopure today, and I had a glass of milk. I will be doing clear liquids with Protein Shakes for 2 weeks and then I move to mushies for 2 weeks. Hopefully I will get through this! :)

Hello my fellow August bandsters. I was banded on Friday 8/27. I was in alot of pain the first couple of days. It eased up on Monday and Tuesday. I haven't been nauseated at all.

I am on clear liquids for week 1, full liquids for week 2 and then mushies for 2 weeks. I have been eating popsicles and broth (actually the broth strained from campbell's chicken noodle soup). I am able to eat a full popsicle at a time and spoon 1/2 cup of broth at a time before filling full.

I have a few questions that hopefully you guys/ladies can help with.

1. I am not drinking Protein shakes yet. I have tried a couple and can hardly swallow them. My partner had a gastric bypass and the best Protein Shakes she found was Jay Robbs. I tried the vanilla ones (mixed it with Water since I am supposed to be on clear liquids). I got one sip down and got nauseated. Yuck. Am I supposed to be getting Protein now? I have read over my post op diet and it doesn't mention it during the clear liquid phase but I am worried.

2. Today my stomach is very sore. It seemed to get a lot better and all the sudden there seems to be more swelling and soreness. Is this normal? How long did yall stay sore?

I really appreciate your help. I have spent the last 3 days on this website constantly. I have got a lot of positive encouragement by reading peoples stories/seeing their pictures. It is amazing. I am looking forward to this journey. I am down to 199 today. Whooohooo. I haven't been under 200 in 11 years. I am so happy! :)

Hello everyone! I was banded on August 30. Feeling pretty good so far, a decent amount of gas pain, but other than that I feel good. I have to say though, it is weird for me when I am drinking. It's almost like I can feel the liquid stop for a minute and then go all of the way down. Did anyone else experience this? Today was only post op day 3, and I am starting to get a little Protein down. I was drinking Isopure today, and I had a glass of milk. I will be doing clear liquids with Protein shakes for 2 weeks and then I move to mushies for 2 weeks. Hopefully I will get through this! :thumbup:

I was banded 8/16 and I feel the way you do sometimes when I sip liquids too fast or I try to drink too much. It doesn't worry me though just reminds me to sip and to slow down.

I have noticed a couple of other things like that but I guess I just have to get used to my newly altered plumbing :)

Hello my fellow August bandsters. I was banded on Friday 8/27. I was in alot of pain the first couple of days. It eased up on Monday and Tuesday. I haven't been nauseated at all.

I am on clear liquids for week 1, full liquids for week 2 and then mushies for 2 weeks. I have been eating popsicles and broth (actually the broth strained from campbell's chicken noodle soup). I am able to eat a full popsicle at a time and spoon 1/2 cup of broth at a time before filling full.

1. I am not drinking Protein shakes yet. I have tried a couple and can hardly swallow them. My partner had a gastric bypass and the best Protein Shakes she found was Jay Robbs. I tried the vanilla ones (mixed it with Water since I am supposed to be on clear liquids). I got one sip down and got nauseated. Yuck. Am I supposed to be getting Protein now? I have read over my post op diet and it doesn't mention it during the clear liquid phase but I am worried.

2. Today my stomach is very sore. It seemed to get a lot better and all the sudden there seems to be more swelling and soreness. Is this normal? How long did yall stay sore?

I really appreciate your help. I have spent the last 3 days on this website constantly. I have got a lot of positive encouragement by reading peoples stories/seeing their pictures. It is amazing. I am looking forward to this journey. I am down to 199 today. Whooohooo. I haven't been under 200 in 11 years. I am so happy! :)

I have some Isopure punch 15 grams of protein , for days i don't want a shake.

Went to my first support group recently,

Learned a bunch of good things that i thought i would share.

1. No aspirin products at all...will make you bleed .

2. a sign of being full could be one hiccup , runny nose , or a throat feeling.

3. you can lose hair at the six month mark, they reccomended nioxenshampoo, and B12, and of course Protein.< /span>

4. too tight is worse than not enough.

5. protein and Water is your best friend.

keep on truckin fellow rushers!!!

~Jennifer~

Have you guys noticed a change in your self esteem yet? I'm feeling so MUCH better about myself and I'm no where near my goal weight yet.

Have you guys noticed a change in your self esteem yet? I'm feeling so MUCH better about myself and I'm no where near my goal weight yet.

I have!!

I posted this in the thread where a poster was complaining about being depressed since surgery. My surgery went so well and I have been feeling great since then.

For the life of me I can't change my ticker but I'm down 19 lbs since surgery and I feel like I finally have hope that I will lose this weight. I stayed in the house most of the Summer because it has been hot as blazes here in NY and I just didn't feel confident throwing on clothes that would show my bloated body.

I was just embarrassed about myself and did not feel comfortable.

I don't feel bloated now and I just feel happy like I did something for myself. I am just in the mood to exercise and see the weight just come pouring off.

I'm looking forward to coat time so that I can wrap up and diet and exercise and work my tool so that when it comes time to take the coats off next year I can wow everybody but especially MYSELF!!.

Dee

You definitely sound like me now! The band has given me so much hope and confidence! I'm down 25 pounds total and I'm not feeling like I'm starving to death to get the weight off. I'm so happy I did this!

I really appreciate your help. I have spent the last 3 days on this website constantly. I have got a lot of positive encouragement by reading peoples stories/seeing their pictures. It is amazing. I am looking forward to this journey. I am down to 199 today. Whooohooo. I haven't been under 200 in 11 years. I am so happy! :biggrin:

I use these protein shakes and they taste like chocolate mix. I buy them at BJ's Wholesale, so having the ready to drink isn't that much more. My 6 year old loooves them and has one every morning. Here is the link: Myoplex® Carb Control™ Ready-to-Drink

congrats on your weight loss, I cannot wait to get below 200. Somehow, when I was loking, I peaked at 300! Not quite sure how that happened :scared2:

I was banded the day before you and my port site injection still hurts...a lot... my doc said its perfectly normal because they "muck out all the surrounding tissue" to make room for the port :thumbup:

Good luck!

Hello, everyone. I haven't been on in awhile. Just moving along. I have not lost any weight since my initial loss during the liquid weeks. I am finishing up my last mushy week and will add solids soon. I am discouraged because I'm not losing but also I feel like I can eat and eat and eat without restraint. And I know there have been times that I have over eaten. I don't get my first fill until the 20th.

Otherwise I feel great. doc told me to take it slow on the exercise so I have only resumed dancing. I am going to start back at the gym this week and at least walk. But I do feel good enough to do weights too. We'll see.

I'm glad everyone is hanging in. Can't wait to hear how the first fills go!!