Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Anyone got some good book suggestions?

I haven't done much reading fo pleasure lately, but the last book I read was called "Little Bee" and it was good... I can't really describe it, the subject matter is tough, but the writing is amazing and the story compelling.

Monday, Monday.

My day of relaxation is over... found 2 new chapters to be edited in my inbox this morning!

Have begun Christmas shopping! :) I'd like to have all the shopping done by the end of this month. :thumbup:

Ok, time to get to work. Got my Water, the kitty's in the basket... time to get to it!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Pousting from doc lab. Brought the book My lobotomy. True story of a, guy who is forced to get a lobotomy a a kid.

Il l let you know if its any good. I will be here for 3 hours.

Morning girls~

I almost downloaded Little Bee yesterday, maybe I will next. TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!! Can't wait! I figure I'll need some good reading material for my recoup...BESIDES grading papers, which I will also have to do!

Did I miss something Laura, why are you at the doc?? Hope all is ok!

Today is work, workout, allergy shot, check mail, home to make dinner...and just when you thought the fun couldn't get any "funner", grade papers! Woohoo!

Have a great day girls!

xoxoxo

Lab is close enough to home, I came home for this hour!!

I failed my original glucose test a couple weeks ago, so you have to do a 3 hour test to follow up.

Blood drawn, drink glucose, blood drawn every hour for 3 hours.

You're not suppose to be allowed to leave, but the room had only standing room so I'd been going out to my car. I'm 5m from home, so... they won't notice!

Laura, too funny, they won't notice!! Really I don't blame you!! Hope it goes well!! What ever happened with the mouse?

I have woken up with a headache everyday for the past week. I went off my med for the headaches, I had been on it about 3 or 4 months and it made me feel very odd. My Dr. agreed and told me to stop. Now I have headaches again. Hmmmm......

Ok, I only got about 20 pages into My Lobotomy, but I know it's going to be good. I like his writing style, and it starts out a sad story (his mom died, has a step mom, and I'm sure that has something to do with why he got a lobotomy as a small child...), I'm afraid to find out how it all came about. Sounds like a very tragic story.

Back at work, fun way to spend my morning!! I did stop at CVS and shop whilst waiting for one of my tests. They had Christmas stuff out, more specifically Christmas candy. ARGH!!!! I did really good, only bought ONE chocolate santa pop. I wanted to buy bags of hersheys kisses and m&m's bad.

Ironic, since I'm doing a diabetes test. durrrrr.

Oh for the mouse.. set up several traps (we don't have luck with traps, only the glue traps and those are too dangerous with all the pets and now Carson). Nothing yet. I can't believe he had caught it. He is such a spaz sometimes, I was saying "Don't move, let me grab something" and he's goign "I don't think I got it.." as he raises the bag.. and bam.

Hi ladies! What a wonderful monday.... Not! Lol

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your sons injury... Im so glad it wasnt worse though. Ill have to download little bee. I need a good read...

pam, glad your evil was a hit. I think I might make it as a thank you to my office for my shower.

Laura, when will you get your results?

Im sooooo sleepy today. My shower was great on saturday. Lots of good food and good cake. Sophia got lots of clothes and blankets. We got four bouncy chairs, three monitors and some other stuff duplicated. So we got some exchanging to do.

Im about to keel over from sleep. I waited up for juan to arrive last night. He didnt make it home till two.

Hey there Violets.

In Florida and it's cold!!! 58 degrees when we touched down this morning. It is supposed to get up to 77 tomorrow and we're headed to St.Augustine for the day. Had a great fish dinner tonight and I didn't pb.. wooo hoooo!

Everyone have a good night. Bob and Richard are going deep sea fishing on Wednesday and I'm going to sit by the pool with my Kindle. Pam, I haven't finished Such a Pretty Face yet... I have that, then Freedom, then the Room and then The unbearable lightness.

Off to bed.. it's been a longggggggggg day!

I got your pic Judy, seems so nice!! St. Louis was warmer than Florida! I don't know what the high was today but it was probably high 70's low 80's. Have fun!!

Went and saw the "Social Network" today, it was so nice, I went to the movies by myself. I haven't done that in a long long time!!! It sort of seems like you are being sneaky getting in a 3:30 movie, while everyone else is at work.

Early meeting tomorrow, then fairly busy day at work.

When do you start liquids Pamela? You are having it done on that Wednesday before Thanksgiving right? Do you spend anytime in the hospital? Will they take out all components of the band? I would think that would be pretty well stuck on by now, hope it doesn't hurt too much getting it gone!!

Hope you get some good sleep tonight Haydee!!!

When do you find out test results Laura?

Wow that is such a good thing to get Christmas shopping done early Michelle. I only have my Secret Santa here, and that was really just a fluke. I was at the store looking at purses, didn't find what I was looking for and on my way out saw this.

Okay, I am off for the night!

Jane, did you love the movie, I did!

I start liquids Sat and the surgery is the 22nd, which is the Monday before Turkey Day! I'll be in the hospital two days, and home on Wed. Should be skinny by Friday! KIDDING! Two days before the surgery, I have to do clear liquids...

Judy's pic looked great! Plus I got the Violets pic from Las Casuelas today and I'll take a pic of the frame w/ the pic and send it to you all!

off to bed...too tired to read!

Pamela, the movie was good. I wonder if he is as bad as they made him out to be. I kind of felt sorry for that Mark Z guy. I loved some of the quirky humor in the movie. There were only 4 people in the theatre and a lot of times I was the only one chucking. I was amazed at how much the movie cost! I guess it has been a while. Did I ever tell you guys my first job was at a theatre? I worked their for two years and got to see movies for free. Kind of spoiled me......

When I awoke this morn, I had no idea what day it was... wow I slept hard!

It's Tuesday, btw.

Pam, I'm going to *try* to do liquids with you, for moral support and to get a lil' jumpstart for myself.

Janie, that's one of my "mom needs a break" fantasies... going to a non-kid movie in the middle of the day all by myself... sigh. Glad to know that people actually do that!

Judy, got the picture, it was beautiful, ENJOY!!

Haydee, wow that little girl is going to be well-stocked! Your friends & family are so generous.

Laura, that 3-hr text SUX! How'd it go? What were the results? (Probably fine, right?) Ha ha on buying chocolate DURING the test!!

Disclaimer that Little Bee isn't a happy book... it's a somber subject, but the way he writes it is amazing, especially the character Little Bee's monologues about Western life/language/culture and outlook on life.

Work today... then the "mandatory parent meeting" for dd's musical tonight. & goodness knows I'm a "mandatory parent"!

Everyone make it a lovely Tuesday!