Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Michelle! Hope your leg feels better. And college, how exciting! Your kids are growing growing. What colleges is he considering?

Laura, I passed my glucose test. I forgot to mention it. My number was 104 with no fasting so she said i was normal.

Oh and im glad russ finally got to feel brody. Too cute. The other night juan had his face pressed up against the side of my belly and he was saying "sophia, kick for daddy" over and over again. Frankly i was getting a little annoyed and I guess she was too because she gave him a hard kick to his cheek. He was so startled by it, lol.

I've got my halloween short on today. I'll try to take a pic!

Hey Ghouls~

Happy almost Halloweenie!!! Well teaching on the Friday before Halloween is freakin' crazy! Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

Michelle, are you sore today? Bruised? Can't believe you just fell...were you dizzy? Hope all is well w/ you!

xoxoxo

It was more of a trip into the door than a fall... when I went to walk straight into the house ( because I thought I was on the top step), my foot hit the stair riser and I lurched forward. Dang gravity! I wasn't dizzy... at least no more than usual, lol. The bruise is Huge... the entire front of my leg under my knee... maybe I'll take a pic.

All the baby talk is so exciting!!

I'm at the barn now, sitting in the car w the sun streaming in the windows... I could so easily doze off... the chapter I did today got really messed up near the end, so it took about twice as long as I'd planned, Grrr. Have to finish the last one by Monday, so no fun for me this weekend. What I need is sleep...

I hope they ride in the outside ring so I can sit here in the car... otherwise I'll have to go in and sit in the stinky lounge. It's so warm & cozy in here right now...

I thought I'd overlooked a post w/the new car info in it, so I went back and looked but couldn't find it, then it dawned on me that you probably put it on FB... silly me.

Beautiful car, Pam! What happened w/your Highlander?

Up early on a Sat. to send off the boys to the college visit. Today they're going to Messiah College in Pa. Other schools are James Madison University (JMU) in Va, Salisbury College in Md, and more but I don't remember them all at the moment. It's still very early in this whole process. He wants to play soccer, so that adds in another level of difficulty in the whole college selection process ... naturally.

I'm working all day today... bleh.

Hope the rest of you enjoy the day!

Beautiful car Pamela!! I am jealous! I decided to wait another year or two on a car. Funny, I made one call about a car, and then salesman would not leave me alone!! He would call me all the time!!! When I left a very nice message last week saying I was going to wait another year or so I never heard back from him. I never went there first of all, so it was so far from a done deal, but wouldn't you think you wouldn't want to burn any bridges? I mean my car is 11 years old, it is not going to last forever, chances are he should think I am going to need a car soon!! Oh well, that is part of the reason I don't like buying cars!! Salespeople!!

Haydee I LOVED LOVED LOVED your costume! I am going to show it to all my customers today!! It is so cute!!

Okay, off I go, both jobs..........

Make it a good one!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning girls~

The car kinda just came about. I posted that I just bought a new car on FB, but that was from the office at the dealership. My Highlander needed a new battery, and had to be towed this past Wed. It needed new tires too! So, I just thought...well, let me take a look-sy and see what they got. Being a hybrid, I was going to start to have some expenses coming up in the near future w/ the hybrid battery. Plus, now that I am on the freeway a lot, the hybrid "thing" for me wasn't working. I got the 2010 Venza, which is a smaller SUV type. It has all the bells and whistles, nav and bluetooth! Since the Highlander was paid off, I had a good bargaining chip so to speak...and I got a great deal! And it is PRETTY TOO! I'll post pix later!

Up and attem today! First is the gym, then drive to PS to find the title in my safety deposit box, then the screen guy is here, then we go back to Toyota to get the bluetooth and nav tutorial (it was 8pm and we were STARVING last night and wanted to leave). Then home to get ready for the Halloween party.

Jane, walk in knowing exactly what you want when you buy a car. If you can, bring a man (sorry...it is true). But I knew exactly what I wanted, exactly what I could afford (no margins), and when they wouldn't "meet my expectations", I smile, extended my hand and said thank you. Well...all of a sudden, they could bend here and there!!! At first they offered 4.9%, and I laughed at that (I have nearly 800 credit score) and got it down to 1.9% with the extended and comp warranty. You gotta be firm:biggrin:! But yes, it is a pain in the ass!

Michelle, did I miss a year or two...isn't DS a junior? Is that what you were talking about with the "early start"?

Can't wait to see pix of Carson, Grady and Ethan for Halloween? Judy, did you say what the boys are going to be?

Have a great weekend girlies!

xoxooxox

Yes, ds is a junior, but w/the whole soccer angle, he's got to start working on it now... contacting coaches, seeing teams play, etc & so forth. That's why his club team is in so many "showcase" tournaments this year... college coaches can go to one venue and see lots of players... so ds has to email them prior to the tournament, let them know when he's playing, give them the link to his online profile page, etc. In November (which starts on Monday --

ACK!) he plays in Williamsburg, VA one weekend, then Raleigh/Durham, NC the next weekend... then the big Disney one in December... whew. Then more next year as well. AND, in Dec he's trying out for next year's Olympic Development Team again... and if he makes it again, they travel to ITALY over Easter break!!

And people wonder how I can be so busy... that's just 1 kid!

DD got the part she auditioned for in "Seussical, Jr." I don't know the show, but she's Gertrude McFuzz. So in addition to riding 4-5x/wk and working @ the barn on Saturdays, she'll have rehearsals 2x/wk between now & March.

Ok, I smell a musty stink bug but I've looked all around 3 times and can't find it to get rid of it! Blech!!!

I think trick-or-treating is tonight in our town... so dd & I are going to move the fire pit & chairs over to the top of the driveway, make a fire, roast marshmallows, and hand out candy from there. Sounds like a plan!

Now to work...

Oh Pam, you're making me want a new car!! My Highlander hit 151515 this morning on the way back from the barn! I think it's an '03. Maybe I'll work on finagaling a new car for me, & then ds can have the old one? I am so sneaky...

Good morning, Violets..

Nice car, PamELa!! Mine is an 04 and I love it. Ugly looking thing, Pontiac Aztek, but just right for me. I only have 91, 000 miles on it and it's the longest we have ever kept a car. Usually we traded in every 3-4 years. But now since I'm not driving to school 120 miles a day, it makes a big difference.

Bob and I are headed to the last Farmer's Market of the season to get some squash and whatever else they might have.

Grady is going to be Thomas the Train and Ethan is Iron Man. Ethan got his costume yesterday and had it on all evening and asked for it first thing this morning. We are not passing out candy here this year. We had less than 10 kids last year and with having to get the dogs sequestered for the night and having to sit in the breezeway for 2 hours waiting, it just isn't worth it. K-Mart here is having a Trunk and treat. You can bring candy and park your car so kids can go from car to car and get their treats. There will also be a fire engine, ambulance and other safety vehicles for the kids to see. Grady will go nuts!!!

Haydee, I agree, your costume is awesome!! Just think, next year Sophia will be dressed up as..... oh, I'm guessing, PRINCESS!!:thumbup:

Off to the market... Everyone have a great day.

Michelle... hope your leg is feeling better!

Janie.. you need to take PamELa with you when you go car shopping!! :smile2::tt2:

Ok, here's a pic of my leg... it's the middle to right side of my left leg below my knee... that's the worst part... it also extends across the whole left side of my leg as well, but not as colorfully... it's kind of a big triangle, with the point on the left side extending out up & down wider to the flat bottom on the right side.

post-214707-13813139651931_thumb.jpg