Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Morning girls~

Haha Michelle...the BEST advice my mom gave me (and I wish Susanne had learned this) is to assume EVERYONE ELSE WILL MESS UP! Driving defensively is key...and staying out of their blind spot is best. Sus stays in the blind spot and says, "they have to turn and look"...but soooo many don't! Good luck w/ the driving!

Well, today is going to be 82ish...and I am wearing a full pair of jeans...first full pants of the season! Yesterday I wore capris, sandals and a sweater all day...my toes froze! I love this time of year!

Not much else to report...still waiting to hear about the final approval from ins for the gb. I am crossing my fingers and toes and am not getting too excited until I know it is a full "go"! You know I'll keep you posted!

Joining the Finance Committee at my church! I am waiting until Jan until I can try to get on the board of trustees.

All is well on the left side of the country! Almost done w/ Freedom...don't want it to end!

xoxoxo

Good morning, Violets..

We made it home at 8 last night, so it was a 12 hour adventure for a minute appointment. We didn't stay for the new support group meeting, just gathered all the materials for my support group and got on our way. I got 1.5 put back in the band for a total of 2.9 I will probably need a little more to get to my sweet spot, but I'll give it a month before I decide. Hopefully the next trip will be the last for a while. Don't like making that drive in the winter. I have 50# to lose to get to goal and I aim to do that by next April. I rejoined WW, can now get out and do some walking and biking and have the band, so there is no excuse NOT to lose. I'm up for the challenge. It's like being back to day one right after the surgery.

Ethan comes over at 9:30 today. Still no work for Joe, but Jen is working 40 hours. She's still staying with her mom and Joe is staying here until they get enough money saved to rent a place together. Or maybe not, if it doesn't work out. We shall see. At least they both have a warm place to sleep at night and Ethan is happy to be with Busha and Gramma.

Off to get some Breakfast and see how the band is working. liquids were slow going yesterday, but I am allowed real food today.

Janie... don't have Cricket..

Michelle.... having been through driver's training 4 times.... I feel your pain...the pain of white knuckle riding and the pain of the car insurance bill.. yikes!!!

Everyone make it a good one today!!!

Happy Happy Birthday Haydee!!! Hope you are having fun in MX!

oxoxxo:Banane34::eek::Banane34::smile::Banane23::sad::smile::Banane20::(

Wow... I have a band for sure. Just finished choking down one scrambled egg with a little cheese. Took a while and it was slow going. Haven't had that feeling in 3 months!!! It's like an old friend is back..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDEE!!!

I don't have much of a fill, but some, and yesterday I ate a sandwich, and oh my gosh!!! Worst pb in a long long time. Took me back a few years wondering if I did something to my band. Then all was well.

Michelle, good luck with ds!! I was thinking about you and your friends brother last night on that reality show that deals with chefs, how is he doing?

Okay I am off to start my week!!

Good evening, Violets...

Well, the band is definitely working. I made pineapple glazed spare ribs in the pressure cooker, scalloped potatoes from scratch and butternut squash fresh from Kris's garden. Two days ago I could have eaten a couple of pieces of pork, the potatoes and the squash. Today I had a couple of bites of each and then pb'd it all. Apparently the band is back to normal and I guess I will have to be too.

Back to the Bandster rules!!

We are going to watch a couple of episodes of Bones on netflix tv and then chillax in the hot tub for awhile.

Everyone have a good evening... sleep well.

Good morning, Violets..

Kind of a busy day today. Joe just left to go job hunting again and I have Ethan until noon when I go to the planetarium to rehearse for our Wind Song concert Nov. 6. We are playing songs that have to do with stars and planets and there will be a planetarium show to go with it. Should be interesting!! Then I have choir tonight and dinner out afterwards. That should be interesting. Last Wednesday I had a pork chop, salad and sweet potato fries and a hunk of bread. Ain't none of that going to go down tonight!! I hope they have a Soup I like, otherwise I'll be taking little bites from Bob's dinner.

Off to take a shower and get ready for the day. Everyone make it a good one!!!

Good morn...

Yay Judy... sounds like your back in the land of restriction! I've got to get my head back (again again again...) in the game.

With that said, I've already baked a pumpkin Crunch Cake this morn! :) (It's for the soccer dinner tonight... but man it smells soooo good!)

Happy Birthday Haydee!

Pam, I love how you get involved in groups... you're such a leader! & good driving advice! I always assume that the other guy is going to do something stupid -- and sadly, I'm often right! My mom's good advice when I was learning was "Patience." Which comes in handy a lot, too.

A heartbreaker of a loss last night in soccer... one more game & then it's into post-season play... always nerve-wracking!

DD has callbacks for the play today.

My friend's bro is still on the show... at least I think he is... I haven't finished watching Sunday's episode... hope he doesn't get chopped!

Enjoy the day!

Good morning!

Both jobs today.

I was really hoping that my cousins wife was going to come through with a job for me, but it doesn't look like it right now. It is funny, because right before the trip I thought for sure this was a go, but now I am not sure. I guess when I look at it from a different way I would be letting a lot of people down right before the holidays, so maybe this will work out for the best. I can't begin to tell you what a struggle it has been for the last few months. When I asked the psychic about the job, she didn't know anything about it, but said maybe something in February. You know you only believe what you want to hear so I only half heard that!!

Oh well, holiday times really brings out a lot of business.

Hope all is well with you Laura!!

Morning girls~

We are doing a LEA thing now (Lang. Experience Act.) and the kids are busy writing away. One of the kids brought in a bunny and so the kids do an observation and then do a creatvie writing act. I posted pix of MoMo the bunny on FB, but not sure if they have uploaded yet. Our Wifi is not cooperating today cause of the rain!

Janie, EVERYONE loves to look good for the holidays. So, yes, I am sure you will be busy busy. And, perhaps in Feb things will look up!

Michelle, mmmmmmmm your pumpkin thingy sounds divine. I have been tight lately...can't eat anything I am not supposed to (haha). Which is good I guess, not seeing any loss. Last night was a small salad and some chix sal. Susanne ate goulash and german noodles (sigh). I tried a bite the night before and pb'd my brains out. Oh well...not supposed to eat it anyway.

Judy, thanks so much for the donation. Enjoy your restriction...did Bob get a fill too? I struggled w/ WW and the band...they want you to eat lots of Fiber, etc...lots of stuff that the band didn't like.

OK...gotta go check Walden and start setting up for a new class...aaaccckkkk!

xoxoxo

If you gals like pumpkin, lattes etc, I tried this and it is amazing, there is another recipe on her site using punkin butter in pinkin lattes, very good and point friendly....Pumpkin Butter | Ginas Skinny Recipes

The beauty of WW is you can eat anything, jut count the points....I sometimes have problems with veges and fruits and stringy meat-pot roast, pulled pork-but try to get some extra in liquid form-juice...vege& fruit, not meat!!! LOL...It seems I also have PB issues with weird stuff: mashed potatoes??? Bananas??? Still love that ham/cheese soup....but I don't do the tofu in it usually.....still NOTHING on job front....hanging by a thread....:)

Have a good one!

Hey, it's wear PURPLE day, but I don't have anything purple....:)