Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Morning V's~

Had a wonderful night last night! I made ravioli Soup, salad (pb'd and threw it out and had a small ice cream instead:thumbup:), but we were in the cuzzi!!! It was just wonderful:biggrin:.

Today is work, workout, then I have a mtg at 6:30:cursing:. This is for the finance committee for church and I think it is more "social" than "meeting". He is serving wine and Snacks. I am thinking of being "sick" for this...but I really want to jump in. But I can't socialize well on a school night, especially when I usually can't make it to GLEE, which is at 8.

I have a friend of mine who is also having the gb on the same day as I am. So we will be in the hospital at the same time! That will be cool...she is with another doc and is already on liquids.

Michelle, that is awesome about you *trying* liquids. I appreciate it! I am not worried about the liquid part, but am dreading the clear liquid thing...uuugggg! But, I'll be skinny by Black Friday, right:wink:

I get my band completely emptied tomorrow!!! AND I AM HAVING A BIG HAMBURGER WITH bread ON THURSDAY! I am actually looking forward to a restaurant burger, and actually picking it up w/ two hands. I had a mini burger last week and could not eat the bread.

It is cold here too, 77 today and 55 as our lows. Supposed to warm up to 82 this weekend!

Haydee, congrats on the loot!

OK...have a great day girls!

Good luck pam, im sure youll do great on liquids. Just tell sus to stay out of your way, lol!

Hospital tour today! So excited! Seems more real everyday. Im actually gonna be responsible for a human being?!

I got a great nights sleep last night. Went to bed at around 9 and woke up at 7. So yummy!

Yay Haydee, have fun at the tour!

Got a voicemail, all my glucose tests were normal. See, it was the damn ice cream I had the day before. They should tell women these things.

I just got off the phone with Old Navy, I've officially placed my last order with them.

For a while now, their shipping is FedEx Smartpost, which is FEDEX STUPIDASSPOST. I don't understand it. If I shippged something to Old Navy on my Fedex account, it would cost $5, and it is a 2-day FIRM transit time.

Well when I checked out last week, it said 7-9 Business days; FREE (which would be Smartpost). Or for $7 more I could get it in 3-5 days (I assume this is their normal Fedex ground). I pay the $7, Well sure as shit, they send it Fedex SMARTPOST (I start seeing red) So not only am I really mad, but I also paid $7 when it could have been free. I track the damn thing, it won't even deliver to my USPS for over a week!!!!!! Then they take a couple days to process it. I get so friggin mad if you can't tell. I called, talked to a girl who is like, well (trying to make up ways this falls into 3-5 business days, which there is no way to do so.. but I also work with shippers every day and transit times, so I know what business days mean). I ask for a supervisor, she said they will have to call me back within 24 hours, they don't have any. I'm like you don't have a supervisor??? So she puts me on a hold, finds one (I guess). She is stupid too. She doesn't understand what I could possibly be upset about, and explains how ON picks shippers based on the best whatever (Bullshit). If they want to talk about the best way, smartpost is designed for residential only, and I ship to a business address. ANYWAY. Bottom line, they said to call back if I don't receive it in 3-5 days, even though smartpost tracking says it won't even arrive to my USPS for a week.

I'm done with Old Navy. I was a good customer of theirs, but I'm tired of this STUPIDASSPOST.

oh dear, oh my.

In other news... I just made a double batch of homemade granola. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :)

So frustrating laura! My old navy comes via ups.

Michelle, oh my, your granola sounds sooo good. I had a crappy salad for lunch now im craving something else...

Posting from phone from panera waiting for a friend for our monthly coffee talk... lovely morn... everyone have a great day!

Morning girls~

Today is the day I get a complete unfill...and I am beyond excited for a couple of reasons!

1. I am going to eat a hamburger w/ two hands for the first time in forever (with the exception of In and Out that night w/ you...haven't done it in years).

2. It is the beginning of my process, one that I am soooo excited for.

I only EVER lost 30 lbs w/ the band. Well, 31 if you count that 249 I saw ONE DAY on the scale. I failed it and it failed me (I do take responsibility for my failure in the journey).

I've talked to a few people already on OH.com and they too have had band to RNY surgery...with great success! They, like me, struggled w/ the band, and one already in 2 months lost more than with the band for 3 years! Another one is BELOW her goal after 12 months. I am ready!

When I decided to do this, I was 280 again (the weight I was the day I got my band). Well, I've already lost 11 lbs since school started...haven't even tried!

After the unfill, we are going to dinner at Rob and Charles' and I will have a cocktail or two...no school tomorrow!

Have a great day girls!

xoxoox

Edited by kity

Hi girls~

Sorry that last post was soooo big...I tried to edit it, but it wouldn't let me change the font.

Update: I am unfilled (lock up your food)! I got the full on list of "this could happen". The surgery is about 3.5 hours long because of the extra time needed to take the band out. He said my pouch will probably be a bit smaller than others as he will close it at the top where my band is. He said he 'may' close it below and then I'd have a bit bigger pouch. But of course, we are talking 1/4 of an inch.

I go in at 7:30 in the am on the 22nd. Honestly, I just want it all behind me. He was impressed that I've lost 11 lbs and that I am working out.

I am not even scared...just want it over with.

Let me know if you all are tired of reading this...I am just trying to stay calm!

xoox

No Pam, not tired of hearing it at all. I hope and wish you lots of health and happiness with this!! I think it is great that you have the opportunity to do this!! I understand the need for wanting this over and behind you. This is a struggle that we all can hear you on!! Things will go great!! You will be skinny by Black Friday!! Is your friend having it done at the same hospital? Charlies SIL is having it done I think that day also but in Ohio. You will do great, and by the way I failed the band too....

But if it wasn't for the band, we all never would've met! So I say, Hurray for the band! + I would've been even BIGGER, so... yay band! AND, if I'd just follow the rules, it'd work for me, so... is it the band, or is it me? Deep thoughts...

Pam I'm excited for you and am eager to hear the "deets" as the hip young kids say (do they still say that, probably not). I'm nervous for you too... surgery-type things do that to me. But I know you'll rock it with your typical Pam flair! Did I mention that I'm excited for you?

Today is Errand Day with a capital E as I have so many to do! The boys leave tomorrow morn for a weekend soccer tournament in Williamsburg, Va... ds's leg is ok, not great, so I don't know how much playing time he'll get, but there they go. So I have laundry to do and Snacks to purchase for that, + ds's b'day is next Weds, so I have shopping to do for that, + I'd like to get the car washed (but then I also have to go to the dusty, dirty barn today, so that kind of defeats the purpose), + just this & that all over town.

Then yeah, after school = the barn & then soccer practice.

Everyone make it a good one! I'm sure I'll check in from my phone! xoxo/coco

A big "God Bless You" and "Thank You" to all our veterans... especially my fav vet, Susanne!! :rolleyes2:

Morning Girls~

OOOO yeah...I do love the band. At least I never got past my 280...and that is all band. I LOVE my violets...and am thankful for such a group of fantastic women!

As with everything else, I'll be honest and forthcoming with the deets (I know my kids still say it). The good, bad and ugly. My violets posts are cathartic for me...a journal of sorts and I want to share as long as ya'll want to hear!

I had a dream about our Xmas cards...and where I was going to put them! I LOVE xmas...and am really looking forward to our first one in the house. This year we are going to get a real tree (big) but the day after, I am going to buy a real nice fake one. They are usually about $800, so I am hoping to buy a good one for half off :rolleyes2:.

Today is a vacay day! HAPPY VETERANS DAY! I am skipping the gym and am now cuddled under a blanket watching TV! Then later, a movie and a HAMBURGER! I am unfilled for two days and I am going to enjoy every min of it!

Have a great day girls!

oxxoxoxo

A big "God Bless You" and "Thank You" to all our veterans... especially my fav vet, Susanne!! :rolleyes2:

She said thanks!