Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

I had my first fill on Thursday and I still am only on liquids. The NP said that I could try soft foods last night, but that didn't go so good. So, I have just been doing Protein shakes for the next day or so.

I can definitely tell that I got some restriction from this fill. I am sure that it won't last long I will appreciate it while I have it.

I thought that I would bring us over to the "Post" side to continue are talks.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Let's all keep in touch - we all have a common cause.

Have a great weekend.

Hope you are doing good. My Birthday is 04/20 also. I just turned 41.

I got banded on 4/29 and not have lost anymore weight. Is that normal? Four days after syrgery my doctor told me to try soft foods. I did with no problems. One week post and I was eating solid foods with no problems. I do get my first fill on 05/24 Monday. I hope I start losing again. :thumbup:

Everyone is doing awesome!

Today is my one-month anniversary and I am so thrilled with how things are going. I still have two weeks until my first fill, but I'm making due on smaller portions.

I saw some folks I haven't seen in a while last week. They don't know about the surgery, or even that I am trying to lose weight, and the minute I walked in the door they all couldn't believe I'd "lost so much weight." I didn't think anyone would really notice at this point, but they did and it was great!!! Those things make half a cup of food at a meal more doable!

Hey April Bandster Buddies. It's been a few weeks. I too am very happy to see that we are not on the Post-Op side of things.

I'm actually due to have my first fill tomorrow. This is a good thing too, because I have NO restriction. Okay, well I have the tiniest bit of restriction, but it hasn't been enough to keep me full or from maintaining my weight. I can't wait til my clothes start to loosen up again. Right after surgery I lost 15 pounds, because I couldn't eat. Now that I've healed, I see that I totally need a fill. Will keep you all posted.

Hey, I'm using Mederma on my scars. Does anyone know if this is effective or am I wasting my time?

Best wishes to you all! :thumbup:

My dr's office said Mederma is the best stuff out there for the scars...it won't make them totally disappear, but it will help. They also recommended cocoa butter for stretch marks and to help tighten the skin. I've been using both at least twice a day...it might not work, but it's worth a try!

NewLife41

I didn't feel that I had any restriction after my surgery either. I could pretty much eat anything just not real large quantities.

I didn't lose any weight from my first post-op to my first fill but the doctor's office said that is normal.

Now that I have had my first fill, I can definitely tell that I have restriction.

Good Luck.

Deena

Well... had my first STUCK episode yesterday and I have to say it lived up to it's reputation for sucking - BIG TIME!

I ate a 1 oz "fruit bar" from Target.. kind of like a very soft Gummy bear... it was fruit from hell! Holy crap did that hurt! SO I slimed my way through 45 min or so, as well as puking the cup of milk I drank to try and get it down.

Lesson learned!

Geesh! So, onward we go!

I'm also in Ft. Lauderdale this week for a conference, so EVERY meal is eating out at a restaurant or at convention luncheons (hotel food)... and it is harder then I thought to find things I can eat, and I come back with doggie bags for almost every meal! LOL!

Hugs,

Heather

I was banded on April 9th. I have no restriction and can pretty much eat anything. Trying to make smart food choices and do what I am supposed to do. I am down 22 lbs since surgery but was hoping it would be more. I do not have my 1st fill until June 9th.

Good Luck to everyone!

Deb_Ladyrose, I'm so happy to hear that I am not alone. I had my first fill today and he made me drink Water to see how much restriction I had. I kept telling him that I felt fine. But he said, ok and took the needle out and said "see ya in two months." Im supposed to be on liquids only, but I feel fine! I have no restriction. I'm wondering if my band moved. I was so hungry today that I drank a Protein shake, so fast and with NOOOOO problem at all. Then about 30 minutes later, I felt ravenous so I drank tea. Again, no problem. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, so I ate tortilla Soup. I drank most of the broth, and ate a few bits of the chicken in it.

I have a feeling that my doctor is very modest with the restriction. This will probably be a very very slow weightloss for me. But at this rate, I've gained 3 pounds. LOL!

OK this is annoying!!!! I was banded on 4/27... lost nicely.. eating a Protein diet and around 800 calories a day... I weigh myself on Mondays and Thursdays (record on Mondays) I am annoyed because I lost two pounds from last Monday to Thursday and now I gained them back!!! I know I know bandster hell and such- but I actually have restriction without a fill! So although ultimately it is a wash from last Monday- nothing gained nothing lost I am still annoyed... thanks for letting me complain :tongue2:

Hi Everyone, I was banded on April 6, 2010 and had my first fill today. Doctor put in 3cc during surgery and today 1.5 cc was put in for a total of 4.5 ccs. Everything went well. I have lost a total of 23 lbs. I am really happy with results so far.

Hi Fellow April Bandsters!

YEAH! I just had my first fill an hour ago! It was a piece of cake! It's hard to believe I was so very nervous about that!

I was able to easily tolerate the Water they asked me to drink but can tell that something has definitely changed because the tummy isn't quite "right". Not sick but definitely not as free as before.

I feel just like the rest of you. I lost 20 with the pre and post-op diet but it dwindled down to NOTHING the past 2 weeks. No gain but no loss! :-(

As my doc said, its time to put the band to work! I hope he is right and we scheduled fill #2 in 4 weeks. I started with 3 cc as a prime at surgery and he added 1.5 cc today.

Best wishes to all of us for SUCCESS this month!

Keep us posted!

Smiles,

Tammy :tongue2:

Banded: 04/23/10

Starting Weight: 209

Current Weight: 189

I'm pretty happy so far. I know this won't continue, but I've lost over 30 lbs very quickly, so I'm enjoying it while I can.:tongue2:

I haven't had a fill yet (my surgery date was 4/8), but I'm not super hungry every day.

I've noticed if it is slow at work, or not much is going on at home, I'm much hungrier. I was busy yesterday and after Breakfast I didn't get hungry again. I made myself eat 1/2 piece of bread with a bit of turkey and cheese on it at 2, but by then it had been over 6 hrs since Breakfast.

I hope I can keep this up! I just know it is going to get harder, the longer I keep at it.

Still plugging along. No fill scheduled, as I am only just starting to get hungry during the day and have thus far been able to control it [or its right at meal time] and I am still satisfied on slightly under 1/2 of food for my meal. Added in more calories and the scale keeps ticking down. Funny how the 1-2 lbs a week really do add up over time. My big problem is my digestive system has slowed way down, so the bathroom is a constant problem. Yesterday was the 3d time I have resorted to milk o'magnesia...yuck! I'm adding benefiber into my liquids, but guess I need to up the dose...add in just general tummy gas and I'm an uncomfortable and unhappy camper. Anyone else having the same issues?