Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

No worries! Just a very little prick. Shots are worse! :laugh:

Hello all. I was banded on 4/29 and am finally feeling better. Able to roll over, bend over or get off the couch without a tugging pain at my port site.

I am starting to notice that I am getting hungry fairly quickly after eating now, so I am looking forward to my first fill on the 21st.

I havent lost anything in a few days but received my first compliments when I got to work, YAY! People who I have not seen in a number of days said that they can see the difference in my face already.

Lets keep up the good work and keep up with all the great support!:laugh:

I got my first fill today. Didn't hurt a bit.

The NP told me that I had 2 cc already "primed" in my band and added another 2 cc.

I go back in 3 weeks for another fill. My doctor doesn't like to wait too long between fills.

No weight loss, but no gain either.

Great day.!!!!!!!!

Hi folks , I was banded April 8th and seems like the weight is coming off too fast , I have been doing a lot of walking and non intense exercise and eating well like instructed. Pre-op I was 331 and today I sit at 289 ? Does this seem right ? Also I recently started getting dizzy spells , I have learned to appreciate foods that I never cared for in the past . Thanks and I hope you are all doing well .

Hi folks , I was banded April 8th and seems like the weight is coming off too fast , I have been doing a lot of walking and non intense exercise and eating well like instructed. Pre-op I was 331 and today I sit at 289 ? Does this seem right ? Also I recently started getting dizzy spells , I have learned to appreciate foods that I never cared for in the past . Thanks and I hope you are all doing well .

Dizziness doesn't sound like a good sign. Are you getting enough net calories? Enough Water?

Another possibility is if you are on medication (for blood pressure, especially), your dosage may need to be adjusted due to your lower weight. ASK YOUR DOCTOR, 'cause I only play one on TV!

Best of luck to you and keep up the great work.

Edited by pixistix

Hi Fellow April Bandsters!

I'm so glad we have this forum. You can read posts and find that what you are experiencing is totally normal! I was banded April 23rd and I am scheduled for my first fill on Monday, May 24th. YEAH! I only had the luxury of not feeling hungry for a few days post-surgery. I have been fighting the hunger pretty much since before surgery. I have lost a total of 22 pounds since starting the liquid diet. The past two weeks the loss has been SO SLOW-1/2 pound to a pound per week. My surgeon told me to expect the slow down but it hasn't made it any easier to accept after the drastic loss the first four weeks. He claims the hunger and urge to graze combined with the slowed loss simply means I am in need of a fill. He sounded confident this will jump start things again. I have found that transitioning to regular food has been a breeze. Too easy in fact. I'm worried that if I get depressed about the SLOW loss that I'll revert to my old ways and make bad food choices. So, I'm hoping for some restriction and the feeling fuller longer. BTW-hasn't it been nice to have people notice the "new" you emerging! That part has been great for the self-esteem for sure. The new clothes in smaller sizes has been nice, too. It is amazing what a difference 20 pounds makes-even on a bigger person. Hope everyone is well and that we will all post successful fill stories soon!

Have a great weekend!

Tammy (teachkdz0507)

banded 04/23/2010 (Huntersville, NC):)

Thanks for talking about the fill. I am nervous about it and the size of the needle they use. I will be sitting at my docs on Monday afternoon waiting for the much anticipated fill. I now have a boost of confidence that it will go smoothly!

Go MountainMama! You are doing fantastic! The changes and comments at work are great, aren't they? I feel better about myself and my friends/coworkers said they can feel a happiness about me and my new self-image. I think this was a great choice, don't you?

Hello everyone!! I was banded April 9th and also had my first fill today. It was simple - tiny tiny pinch.....barely noticed it. My doc did it under fluorscopy and does not measure the amount of saline injected into the band - so I have no idea how much he put in. He filled the band, I swallowed some clear yucky stuff then, while watching the screen, he pulled some saline out until he could see the Fluid move through.....it was very interesting. I've had 3 Protein shakes and have been drinking Water all day since the fill. I feel great!!!! Good luck to everyone who will be getting their 1st fill soon - it really is not a big deal at all. Then again, I guess tomorrow may be a different story when I start eating regular food again.

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!!

Well tomorrow is my first fill - looking forward to it and a bit apprehensive. Funny that I am more apprehensive about this than I was about the surgery!

Are you drinking enough Water? Dizziness is also a sign a dehydration and something we all need to be mindful of. I have to work really hard to get my 64 oz. of fluids in each day. Thank got for Ocean Spray powdered rink mixes...love the 5 cal. blueberry lemonade...it makes downing a bottle of Water a snap and adds some great flavor variety to my day!

Had my first fill yesterday. I was only apprehensive in the fact that I had no idea what to expect. It went great. It is not a big deal at all. Good luck to you all.

I had my first fill today and like everyone else, found it to be a non-event. Just a quick cold spray of a deadening agent and then felt nothing. Got .8 ccs but I only have a 4 cc band so it is more than it sounds. I can feel liquid going through so in a couple of days when I can eat come real food we will see how much restriction I have. They also gave me some cool pictures from the fluoroscopy and I got to watch it all live with the barium swallows and putting in and taking out until they saw the right movement through the band. Very interesting.

So it has been 3 days since my first fill. I am not hungry, just anxious to know what happens next. Afraid to eat for fear of getting stuck. I don't like chewing a ton because I forget and gulp. How have things been after your fills for the first days of April bunch? I was April 7th and want to know what to expect.

I am so glad with this choice. It has definitly been a work in progress trying to change my eating and the way I think but so far I would not change this for anything.

I had my first fill yesterday. I do not respond well to local anesthetics so the prick of the needle was somewhat bothersome but after that all went well. I had 3cc'c placed in an empty 10cc band. When I tried to sip on the Water I was stuck. My surgeon removed 1cc and all was good. I go back July 9th for my next fill.

I am sure that this will be a long and trying road but we are all so awesome. We have made the choice to live longer and healthier lives with the help of this tool. GO US!:thumbup::thumbup: