Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

I was banded on April 13th. I have lost a total of 32 lbs and I am not sure what I want my goal weight to be!! I have not had a fill yet due to some minor setbacks, but I am chugging along on sole willpower. I have had some major discomfort(will not say pain)as of late,other than that all is well....

Still plugging along. No fill scheduled, as I am only just starting to get hungry during the day and have thus far been able to control it [or its right at meal time] and I am still satisfied on slightly under 1/2 of food for my meal. Added in more calories and the scale keeps ticking down. Funny how the 1-2 lbs a week really do add up over time. My big problem is my digestive system has slowed way down, so the bathroom is a constant problem. Yesterday was the 3d time I have resorted to milk o'magnesia...yuck! I'm adding benefiber into my liquids, but guess I need to up the dose...add in just general tummy gas and I'm an uncomfortable and unhappy camper. Anyone else having the same issues?

I have now lost 15.8 pounds since surgery and a total of 38.8 including preop. I have had one very small fill and I am starting to feel hungry before meals. I have added 3 heaping teaspons of Benefiber per day to get everything moving right. I do have lots of flatulence (no pain, really) every afternoon. Have to make multiple trips to the bathroom to get rid of the gas. My doctor said it will get better over time, so I am waiting to see.

I have now lost 15.8 pounds since surgery and a total of 38.8 including preop. I have had one very small fill and I am starting to feel hungry before meals. I have added 3 heaping teaspons of Benefiber per day to get everything moving right. I do have lots of flatulence (no pain, really) every afternoon. Have to make multiple trips to the bathroom to get rid of the gas. My doctor said it will get better over time, so I am waiting to see.

Not happy to hear that you are also gassy, but good to know that its "normal" :biggrin:

Hi all! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. It sounds like most of us are on track. What a difference a few days makes. Last week I finally realized what the great thing is about this band. I wasn't thinking about food and wasn't hungry. I would eat my three meals and it was awesome. I didn't lose anymore but I didn't gain and the feeling of not thinking about food was so great and very foreign as well. This week different story I am hungry and I have no restriction so I can still eat just about anything. I have been staying in the lower calories plus watching my Protein. I have my Dr appt tomorrow so hoping for a fill/adjustment. I had to have 4 cc's of Fluid removed that they left in at surgery in order to recover so now looking forward to starting adding it back. I will post tomorrow to see how it goes.

Hi USCGal

It's a weird feeling isn't it? If I eat a little too much combined with a little liquid I can hear it sloshing about in my upper stomach when I walk - very weird! I was banded the same day you were and lost 11 lbs so far but that was all within the first week post-op. Now that I am eating normally I am afraid to get on the scale. Desperately want my first fill - probably in about 2 weeks or so. Don't want the scale to move up but am noticing my old eating habits creeping back in and my other half noticed as well!

Damn!!!

I have a question for everyone!!

Do you count in your head when you are chewing? I do, I am constantly counting to 30.

Hopefully, not everyone does this. I have a things with numbers anyway so it could just be me. I just want to make sure that I chew my food really well and not have problems.

Have a great day. We are all doing so well!!!!!

Do you count in your head when you are chewing? I do, I am constantly counting to 30.

Hopefully, not everyone does this. I have a things with numbers anyway so it could just be me. I just want to make sure that I chew my food really well and not have problems.

QUOTE]

I do count because otherwise I forget and take a big swallow. Now if I could learn to sip.

Hello all. I was banded on April 29th, 2010. Went home the same day. First few days was a little sore but once I began walking around more the pain subsided. After a week and a half I was eating things like cottage cheese and bananas. I've not had any problems eating or getting things to go down other than my medicine. I'm having a hard time remembering to measure my food at work. I don't eat that much though. After a few bites I'm full. I get my first fill on June 7th. I'm excited about that. Since my surgery date I've lost 9lbs. I'm confident that I'm doing well. Any tips would be appreciated.

Edited by alainajoann

QUOTE]

I do count because otherwise I forget and take a big swallow. Now if I could learn to sip.

I don't count when I'm chewing, but I do count when I drink. I have a tendency to take a big drink and after I have it in my mouth realize it is too big of a swallow. So, I have to swallow 3 or 4 times to get it all down.

You would think I would have the hang of it by now. :biggrin:

Hello Everyone,

Banded on April 21st, recover was very quick and I was back to eating regular foods within 2 weeks. I was a little disappointed that I didn't seem to have much restriction, but today when I had my first fill they told me I had a larger band....didn't know the band came in different sizes!! :laugh: Anyway, total weight loss so far is 25 pounds so all is good, but it has definitely slowed since I started eating regular foods again. Staff at doc's office told me not to get discouraged, that it will take them a while to get me to the right fill level, just anxious to get full and not be hungry. :smile2:

I was banded on April 22nd..since the beginning of the pre-op diet i have lost 27 lbs, but only 7 of that is post surgery over the last two weeks..I have found myself so hungry/stomach growling and I am able to eat everything (though haven't really tested/pushed things i know could be dangerous)...I am trying to be good with all the eating rules though eating at work while doing things has been difficult but I am trying to do my best and correct my mistakes..Have been eating fairly healthy but still have to fight some mindless eating. I have a fill next week and I cannot wait because I really don't feel any restriction..I also have no time swallowing..Happy to hear everyone is doing great though!!! I want to try to get on here more...I have a blog (bandedtolose.blogspot.com) but haven't been good about posting over the last week and half but am back to it because I do find it helps in case anyone else wants to try it...:smile2:

Wow! It sounds like we all have some very different experiences with weightloss, restriction and hunger. Since my first, very small fill, on the 23rd, I lost two pounds. But my doctor recommended that I go back to liquids for two days and mushies for two days. So I feel as though I was starving myself today. I'm constantly thinking about food and my belly is always growling. At work today, I took an Atkins Protein Shake and a Yakult probiotic drink. I was stuck in a meetings for 5 hours and by the time I got out I felt like I could devour anything insight. Yet I held out til I could get some veggie Soup. So far this is NOT easy. I feel like I don't even have a band in. My doctor told me to come back in 2 months. I'm so scared that I'll gain all my lost weight back. I'm starting to get discouraged, even though I know I shouldn't! I need encouragement.

As my doc said, its time to put the band to work! I hope he is right and we scheduled fill #2 in 4 weeks. I started with 3 cc as a prime at surgery and he added 1.5 cc today.

OMG! Teachkdz, our doctors are definitely working on different schedules. I didn't get my first fill until 6 weeks after my surgery and then he said NOT to come back for 2 months. Why is he torturing me like this. He barely put anything in, because I drank the Water with NOOOOO problem whatsoever. Sheesh! I don't know what to think. Oh and I just got a 6500.00 bill for the hernia repair that he said they would bill my insurance. That was a little distressing to open up. Now I have to call them and tell them to contact my ppo provider. I can't afford that now!! What a week.

I'm starving!! LOL!!

Hello Fellow Bandsters!

I was banded April 7th had my first fill May 24th, my doctor put 5.4 cc in a 10cc band. I thought that I had no restriction but I was wrong, this morning (I tried) to eat eggs and crackers boy did that get stuck, but it was three bites and now I feel like I ate 3 eggs and 10 crackers. So restriction is there!

Here is a note for those of you that are discouraged because you did not loose, ITS OKAY, this is a process and you are going to hit and miss. But go with it! During Post Op I concentrated on healing. I am now working out everyday and making sure that I trick my muscles with different exercise routines. I also make sure that I eat at least 1000 calories because if I do 100 less I wont loose, my body will get into starvation mode and if I go 200 over I gain weight. This is a learning process and when I do well I Celebrate and when I don't I still Celebrate because it means I am learning and will be thin!!!!

Good luck lets keep this going to support one another!~

Sandee

Banded 4/7/10

First Fill 5/24 5.4cc

Ravyn- Don't get discouraged. It is going slower than I thought. also. I need to keep telling myself that soon it will happen. Positive self-talk is important. We can do it! I know we can!