Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

Hi Fellow April Bandsters!

Now I have a hot drink in the a.m. and have a Special K fruit Crisp at 9:45-ish and that holds me over until lunch. to eat as much Protein as possible. :)

Congrats on your lost and your will power for exercise. I'm hoping to regain my exercise will power. Did better this week, but still need to do more. I also am not hungry in the am and I'm getting tired of my Protein shakes. What hot drink to you have in the am?

I am very pleased. I was banded on 4/23 and have lost a little over 48 lbs. Hoping to hit the -50 mark by the first of the month. Next goal is another 50 by my wedding in March. Doctor says it is very do-able - in fact he thinks I could have it all gone by then if it keeps up as it has.

My fiancee and I are joining a gym on Friday so we can kick each others butts into shape before the photographer gets hold of us. Hopefully I won't hate getting my picture taken so much by then!

It is great to hear from all of you! And also good to hear that the Hair loss will only last about 3 months. I am working on restriction. I can pretty much eat anything I want but just not as much of it. For the past few weeks I was doing Weight Watchers and counting points which I think accounts for 10 lbs of my total loss. I don't think I would be continuing to loose with out restriction if I wasn't doing that. I can tell my band is going to be amazing tool and need to be patient. I will just think of it as a long term investment! :)

Thank you all for the updates!

HI all! Banded 4/20 and have lost 42 lbs since I started the process in Feb. It's not as much as many here have lost but I trying not to focus on others' stats. I've had 2 fills and am considering another soon. I walk 5 days a week on my lunch hour at work and try to get in exercise at least once on the weekends. I've had a backsliding week this week into old eating habits but will be changing that starting that today. Found I can't eat pizza 2 nites in a row and sweets and still expect to lose weight. Go figure!

I just got my fifth fill yesterday and I think I'm very near my sweet spot, which is exciting. I am truly in awe of my band and how much it has changed my life for the better. Congrats to you all on your successes to this point!

It is so nice to hear how everyone is doing! It really sounds like we are all quite happy with our decision to get this tool and make life changes!

We'll have to keep checking in from time to time to motivate all of us to MAINTAIN this wonderful momentum we have begun!

Good luck to all! :(

So great to hear from everyone. I am doing well. I have had 4 fills for a total of 3.5cc in a 10cc band. I have pretty good restriction and have had great weight loss. I am on vacation this week and not eating as well, but do not feel like I have gained a lot. It has been a great vacation and we have hiked and swam nearly everyday since there is no gym. It is amazing that I can do these things now and enjoy them!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Froggie, it's good to hear from you, and so many other April Bandsters! I'm glad you're experiencing success with your band. I've been struggling and have gained 6 pounds back. I'm hungry all the time and can eat bread and potatoes with no problem. I guess I'm far away from my sweet spot.

Keep up the goodwork and keep me inspired :o

Great to see everyone still checking in. I did the 4th of July Challenge and exceeded my goal which was great. My new goal was 350 lbs by vacation and I am not going to make it but I will be close at 355 lbs estimated. I am still ahead of my original plan so that still makes me feel good.

I have had 2 fills. I am at about 8 cc in a 14 cc band and think I am ready for another that should bring me to the green zone. Potatoes and bread give me a problem so when I think I may over eat I shovel a bit of that in to instantly fill me up.

I love seeing the scale decline but sadly I have seen no difference in my body measurements and clothes sizes. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I will keep treking along riding on everyone's success from LBT.

Thanks for sharing!

I have been gaining and losing the same 2 lbs all month. I struggle with food choices as vacations/ getting ready for school/work makes me stressed but am ready for next week to start to get back on track. I go in for hopefully fill #5 on Monday.

Froggie, it's good to hear from you, and so many other April Bandsters! I'm glad you're experiencing success with your band. I've been struggling and have gained 6 pounds back. I'm hungry all the time and can eat bread and potatoes with no problem. I guess I'm far away from my sweet spot.

Keep up the goodwork and keep me inspired :biggrin:

Great to hear from you too. I have not eaten like I usually do since I have been on vacation. I had mashed potatoes and a few bites of bread and even some candy! I have not had any of those since a month before my surgery!

I am pretty well restricted, but most of what I am doing is based on my food choices. I have a Protein Drink made of no sugar added soy milk, soy Protein Powder, Metamucil, and Crystal Light for Breakfast. For lunch I often have a 5 oz can of chicken breast mixed with mayo and a no sugar added fruit cup. If I go out, I have grilled chicken or shrimp and veggies. For dinner, I have the same sort of meal. I have sugar free popsicles or Jello and maybe a piece of Sugar Free Chocolate for treats. I also sometimes have a 100 calorie bag of Healthy Pop popcorn.

As long as I do not eat bread, potatoes, rice, Cookies, sweets, etc. my hunger is under control. As I am getting more restriction, I have added a few things and still am not too hungry. I am afraid if I ate potatoes or bread, it would trigger my hunger. I just am not willing to do that.

I hope you can get some restriction soon. It really helps. Do you find you get full quickly or get stuck? If not, you still do not have restriction. If I eat too fast or do not chew well, I get stuck.

How many fills have you had? What does your doctor say about your weight loss? I really feel for you. I would be devastated if I was not losing after all this time.

Good luck and keep in touch!

I hope you can get some restriction soon. It really helps. Do you find you get full quickly or get stuck? If not, you still do not have restriction. If I eat too fast or do not chew well, I get stuck.

How many fills have you had? What does your doctor say about your weight loss? I really feel for you. I would be devastated if I was not losing after all this time.

Froggie you are a great role model for me! I MUST look into more sugar free treats. I've tried to eat more fruits as a treat, rather than ice cream and Cookies.

As for my fill process, I had NO restriction. Nothing got stuck and I could drink anything at any pace. However, I got a fill on the 22nd, and I just noticed this week that food is taking longer to pass through. I took one bit too many a few days ago and thought something was going to come back up. I managed to keep it all down by walking around. So that was my third fill and finally I have some noticeable restriction! Yipeee! I think I'll be able to do this now. I takes me much longer to eat even half a sandwhich. I'll try this week to cut out sweets completely. I had about 8 cookies throughout the week. A sabotage moment, no doubt! But those two cookies a day adds up to NO weightloss.

My doctor felt that the realize band just takes longer than the lapband. He felt as thought I would have some loss from the next fill. However, he wants it to be slow, because my weight was not that extreme to begin with. He is keeping me at a strict visitation every two months. He also is expecting me to exercise more than I have been.

I feel that I'll be able to control things better, now that I actually am forced to slow my pacing.

Thank you so much for your support. I'll take your advice on the sugar free pops and stuff like that!

Keep posting, so I stay motivated :)

Hi All! It is good to see that everyone is doing well. I was banded on 4/5. I have had 3 fills and I am close to my sweet spot. I have lost 67lbs. I have something sweet almost everyday - it has not slowed my weight loss. I work out between 5 and 6 times a week. I have added strength training. I really exercise with intesity and I think that is key. I would have never imagined being down nearly 70lbs in this time frame.

Hi All! It is good to see that everyone is doing well. I was banded on 4/5. I have had 3 fills and I am close to my sweet spot. I have lost 67lbs. I have something sweet almost everyday - it has not slowed my weight loss. I work out between 5 and 6 times a week. I have added strength training. I really exercise with intesity and I think that is key. I would have never imagined being down nearly 70lbs in this time frame.

That is wonderful. You have had a great weight loss. Congrats to you! You are an inspiration!

I just got back from vacation and lost 6.8 pounds on vacation. It is a miracle! I had my band and I exercised. I actually ate more than ususal, adding a few no-no's on vacation (mashed potatoes, candy, vodka, bites of whole grain breads, etc).

Now that I have some restriction, I am not as afraid to have a few extra carbs and even a sweet thing now and then. Before I had restriction, I was afraid it would start me down the slippery slope of binge eating, so I just stayed away from it all. Having restriction really makes a difference!

We are getting there!

April Bandsters are Rockin' It is so great to hear updates from everyone and so very inspiring. I was banded April 13 and have lost a total of 65 pounds on my LB journey. In Jan of 2000 I made a new years resolution that I wanted a healthier life. I had just lost my mom who had suffered with diabetes, heart problems, blindness and in a wheel chair the last 5 years of her life, all due to being overweight. I looked in the mirror and rememberd seeing that number on the scale 357. I went on a diet/ lifestyle change on 01-01-00 and said no matter how long it takes...I am going to get healthier. I lost down to 278 in that 10+ years and I felt so much better. As much better as that 79 pounds made be feel,this latter 65 is even sweeter and better. I am so happy that I made this decission and I pray that we all keep up the good work and stay strong. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories it is what keeps me inspired. Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Stagegirl:thumbup:

43 lbs to go