Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

Hi all I hope all is well with everyone, I was banded on April 26,2010, I have lost 28lbs so far & I don't get a fill until June 9. I exercise but not everyday, but I only had a week of the preop diet because they scheduled my surgery & called me the week before, I lost 11 pounds on the preop, 7 pounds two weeks after the surgery & 11 pounds the two weeks since I'm only 4 weeks postoperative.My hardest problem has been trying not to drink & eat, I am still drinking the Protein Shakes 1-2 times a day & normally a chicken breast or baked burger no bread for dinner, I feel like I'm not doing enough to lose weight, but I guess it's okay for now. I had one stuck episode from nit chewing & eating something that I probably shouldn't have eaten "bread" I'm proud of you guys let's keep up the journey!

Preop 294lbs

postoperative 266lbs

Wow! It sounds like we all have some very different experiences with weightloss, restriction and hunger. Since my first, very small fill, on the 23rd, I lost two pounds. But my doctor recommended that I go back to liquids for two days and mushies for two days. So I feel as though I was starving myself today. I'm constantly thinking about food and my belly is always growling. At work today, I took an Atkins Protein Shake and a Yakult probiotic drink. I was stuck in a meetings for 5 hours and by the time I got out I felt like I could devour anything insight. Yet I held out til I could get some veggie Soup. So far this is NOT easy. I feel like I don't even have a band in. My doctor told me to come back in 2 months. I'm so scared that I'll gain all my lost weight back. I'm starting to get discouraged, even though I know I shouldn't! I need encouragement.

I am super discouraged too... Hopefully there is something good coming for both of us.

Don't get discouraged, I know I feel the same way, I got my first fill yesterday and I still don't feel any restriction. Just eating away, trying to be good, but I'm so ready for the band to start working, we just have to be patient. Keep focusing on the end goal!!!

Hi! I have lost a total of 27 pounds since beginning the pre-op diet. My surgery was April 22. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was losing very slowly once the solids were added back in--but I had my first fill on Monday and it has made a difference. I am finding that I don't have much appetite at all and Portion Control is much easier now for me. One of my close friends who had surgery with the same surgeon (but three weeks before I did) did NOT get a fill yet because she'd lost a good bit of weight even without it. Not so for me...but there are some things she just couldn't eat and I was finding that I really was able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted, including bread. I did my best, but that ability to eat did slow me down on the weight loss for sure.

And--TA DA!!--I'm wearing a pair of capri's I couldn't zip the week before surgery...and they are BAGGY!

Good luck to you all--don't get discouraged! I am feeling much more encouraged since my fill and I know I'm really lucky to be getting the benefit of it so quickly.

Nancy

I got home from work and while I was changing clothes I remembered I'm supposed to weigh today. I usually weigh in the afternoon because that is when I see the Dr. Anyway, I jump on the scale and am just ecstatic to see I've lost 4 lbs. I finish getting dresed and then I realized that I always weigh with all of my clothes on. So I weighed again. Instead of 4 lbs, I'd lost about .5 pounds.

I was telling my husband and he started to laugh because I had just weighed myself 2 days ago and completely forgot about it.

It ends up that I'm almost exactly the same as I was 2 days ago--at least I haven't gained anything.:o

Edited by marykb

That is from the co2 when you where put under'I know it hurt's like hell sometimes.I was banded the 20th and mine just went away a little over a week ago.The best thing is to walk for that trapped gas and chewable gas pill's help too.

Hello all April bandsters, I was banded on April 29th and am 4 weeks post-op. I can't really determine if I have any restriction since my Doc has a very regimented diet that goes in stages. I am still in the mushie stage for another couple of days and am only allowed to have 1oz of Protein for three meals and then Protein Shakes in between. I have not had any regurgitation or slime, but then again I am barley eating. I have lost 21lbs total and my clothes feel real lose. I can really see the difference in my face. I am exercising, but nto every single day, my bad. I get my first fill on June 2nd, so we will see how it goes from there.:rolleyes:

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Enjoy your friends and family.:cursing:

Thanks dsquared and Monkeymama! I really appreciate the encouragement. Even though I have no restriction, I try to eat on small plates and chew my food extra long. But honestly, even if I gulped it, I don't feel anything at all. I guess I'll get some restriction in July when I get my second fill.

I wish everyone a great Memorial Day weekend. Try not to eat too much!

Dawn

Happy Memorial Day Weekend for everyone!

Still no restriction. I go up a pound, down a pound. Very annoying. I go on June 9th for my next fill. Hopefully, it helps a bit more.

Has anyone gone to OA for help with the head hunger? Someone recommended it and I am a little nervous.

Thanks,

Alicia

Banded 4-6-10

Sorry, this might be dumb, but how do I get the april bandsters logo and also how do I do a ticker with my weight loss? thanks - newbie blogger!

FINALLY got my first fill today and feel great! I hate needles, so the numbing shot was my big fear. It was a breeze and fill itself went just fine. I needed the restriction, as my own will power was starting to wane. I got it! I am so happy and feel great. Get another in 4 weeks. Doctor's office was thrilled with my weight loss - especially when I told them I spent all of last week at a candy show...that was a challenge! Better - I succeeded in not giving in and gorging myself on empty calories!!!!!

FINALLY got my first fill today and feel great! I hate needles, so the numbing shot was my big fear. It was a breeze and fill itself went just fine. I needed the restriction, as my own will power was starting to wane. I got it! I am so happy and feel great. Get another in 4 weeks. Doctor's office was thrilled with my weight loss - especially when I told them I spent all of last week at a candy show...that was a challenge! Better - I succeeded in not giving in and gorging myself on empty calories!!!!!

Good for you! Very impressive!:biggrin:

Awesome work! Keep it up!

I am falling back into the trap of stress eating. I need to find something else to do. EEK!

Hello April Bandsters! Things are slow for me too:frown:. I have lost 40 lbs (12 since surgery on April 12) 2 over the past 4 weeks. I get my 2'nd fill next Friday. I hope I get some restriction then. I really really need it. I feel like I can eat pretty much anything...especially when I am out with friends talking and eating..eating and talking....I am not sure I even chewed my food tonight!!!:thumbup: I leave for vacation tomorrow and then I go to my husbands 30 year class reunion on June 18. I weighed 340 lbs 10 years ago at the 20 year reunion, (I started a diet 6 months before that and had lost 17 pounds). I weighed 238 this morning when I stepped on the scale:redface:. I hope you are all doing OK and I hope to hear your progress real soon.

Stagegirl