Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

I thought that I would bring us over to the "Post" side to continue are talks.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Let's all keep in touch - we all have a common cause.

Have a great weekend.

All is well Busymom1961....I did not get hungry today and Shrimp & veggies was the lunch of choice. No problems thus far but I did chew until the food was almost liquid....:redface:

Howdy Fellow Bunnies!!! I am well except this itching... seems I have hungry and not hungry days... but I always reflect back and realize that when I eat a lot its not really that much lol...

Glad we have moved over now. I spend more of my time reading over here now that I am a true bandster. I had my fill on Tuesday and I am feeling the restriction now. I had three ounces of canned chicken with a table spoon of mayo and 3/4 of a pear and I was stuffed. I was not hungry for hours after. I had my first episode of hiccups that I keep reading about when I was nearly done with my pear.

I am now eating lean meats and low carb veggies and fresh or canned no sugar added fruits. I am not eating breads or rice or Pasta or any type of grains. I get in at least 70 grams of Protein and yet I am only at about 700-800 calories most days.

Is that where other people are running?

Today I tried to push the envelop and added another half a Protein Drink to bump up the calories and see what happens.

I am going to put out a post for experienced bandsters and see what they think. Just curious.

Hey there! Got my band on April 29. I had my first pureed/mashed foods today and I feel like a new woman. I'm thankful that the hunger pangs are subsiding. I had some very thin mashed potatoes and this evening a little hummus and avocado. I'm SO happy to have real food. Anyone else have the weird digestion feeling after eating? I feel every morsel going down my digestive track. It doesn't hurt, just feels weird. Almost like growling. I'm looking forward to my fill and to pumping up the exercise beyond just walking. Good luck to everyone.

Hello - Banded on April 26th. I'm healing well but started getting slight pain in the area of my port when I woke up this morning. I am so dissapointed in my weight loss. I have been eating about 800 calories a day keeping track on my fitness pal. I have only lost 5 lbs since surgery. I am walking a little, but am doing no other exercise. I hope my fill will help (june 7th). I guess I need to eat even less than 800 calories and exercise. I just thought I would have lost a little more by now. :redface:

I'm doing well. My energy is back and even a bit of the endurance, which really took a hit immediately post-op. The scale continues to move down, but this week was only 1/2 lb...had to fight the irrational panic that this is a failure too...so, I have to accept the NSV of wearing a dress, with room to spare, to a party yesterday that I couldn't fit into for a wedding the week before surgery. When I got home a reflected on the party, I was amazed that food was not the primary focus for me, and that I enjoyed myself tremendously.

I've started back at Curves, slow..but doing my routine. Still not eating more than 1/3 at any time..not really interested in food, so no fill scheduled yet. Journaling a lot and trying to deal with some of the emotional issues including friends who are clearly not dealing well with my changes.

I've been reading Confessions of a Former Fat Girl...good read, lots of food for thought. Still settling into the new eating patterns, finding something that will work is a bit tricky as I go out for lunch as part of my professional comittments, but it just keeps getting easier to make the right choices.:)

Hello - Banded on April 26th. I'm healing well but started getting slight pain in the area of my port when I woke up this morning. I am so dissapointed in my weight loss. I have been eating about 800 calories a day keeping track on my fitness pal. I have only lost 5 lbs since surgery. I am walking a little, but am doing no other exercise. I hope my fill will help (june 7th). I guess I need to eat even less than 800 calories and exercise. I just thought I would have lost a little more by now. :)

Don't expect more than that. Two pounds per week is good. Remember you have swelling (and that means Water weight) from the surgery and that takes 4-5 weeks to all subside. They keep reminding me that weight loss in the frist few weeks is a bonus, not expected.

Don't be so hard on your self. It is a time for healing and learning to eat properly. The weight will come off. Just keep doing the right things, like you are, and it will work!:)

Hey there! Got my band on April 29. I had my first pureed/mashed foods today and I feel like a new woman. I'm thankful that the hunger pangs are subsiding. I had some very thin mashed potatoes and this evening a little hummus and avocado. I'm SO happy to have real food. Anyone else have the weird digestion feeling after eating? I feel every morsel going down my digestive track. It doesn't hurt, just feels weird. Almost like growling. I'm looking forward to my fill and to pumping up the exercise beyond just walking. Good luck to everyone.

Yes I had that feeling after being banded. I am now almost 6 weeks out and it has calmed down. I no longer feel everybite go down and settle into place. My first fill did not bring this feeling back, but now I get a sensation of fullness all at once, one bite I am not full, the next, I am. Boom!

Having a band is different, though. I used to eat until very full and my waistband on my pants felt tight (sometimes had to unbutton) but now when I feel full, my bra feels tight, since the pouch is up high. It is weird, but not painful if I eat slowly and chew well. There is a lot of adjustment to new feelings with the band.

Hi all Bunnies!

I was banded April 1st! I have had ups and downs. I have had one stuck episode :) and a couple slime (ewww). I had my first fill on April 27 and have felt no restriction :lol::). I can still eat bread and Pasta if I chew it really well. It seems I got hungryer right before my next fill which is this Tuesday! Cant wait for restriction!

I hope everyone else is doing better then I am.

I'm about 5 weeks post op now.....still drinking about 2-3 Protein shakes/day and trying new foods little by little. I have my first fill coming up this thursday - 6 weeks post op. I am starting to get hungrier and hungrier....I tried a piece of rye toast with my tuna/miracle whip. It was great, but hard to stop at one slice.

The thing I'm having the most trouble with is not drinking with meals....especially at a restaurant. I did try a glass of red wine last night. I know we're not supposed to, but you have to live - right?? It was great and didn't seem to bother anything at all....I just sipped it slowly.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

I was banded on April 7th. My first fill appt is on Thursday as well. I am able to eat anything, just trying to make wise choices. Hoping to start this fill journey so it will get a little easier to know when to stop. My surgeon says count Protein not calories or fat but avoid all sugars.

I really enjoy reading about everyone else. It is very inspiring. Good luck to you all!

I am very much looking forward to my first fill next Friday! I really have not restriction to speak of and can eat almost anything I want with no problems. The only issues I have had was with eating chicken - I have to learn to take smaller bites and chew it more thoroughly.

Hoping the fill will make a difference!

:seeya:Hello all, my name is Lena and I was banded April 28 so I am 2.5 weeks post op. Solid foods start for me tomorrow and most of the gas pain has subsided. I wish I could stop burping though - I'm sure it is because my bites or gulps are still a bit big. I have been sticking to 800 calories a day at present and not eating anything after 7 o'clock at night. If I am really starved though I have some fat free Jello. I am also really watching the salt intake to avoid Water retention. I find having this band has put me in a different mindset and my mood is so much more stable - it's kind of nice to have some rules to live by when it comes to eating. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

I was banded on the 26 also, my pain went away by day four, i have a bit of itching around port sight,started my exercise program, even went back to my spinning class...... But i stay hungry,im full after i eat, but hungry 2hrs later.. Hoping my doctor will give me a fill at my appointment on the 25...btw only down 13lbs