Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

My surgery date is May 5, I am pretty nervous... good luck to all.

I'm going in tomorrow morning (MAY 3) !! :o I can't wait to start feeling better. I have a hiatal hernia.. and I hope that will be fixed during the surgery. New Life----HERE I COME!! :thumbup:

My surgery is May 5 as well - good luck to both of us.

Katie

Good luck to you both!!

Good luck to you both!!

And to you as well - we're pretty much within days of each over.

Excited, I am. It's that next hurdle over with.:thumbup:

Katie

May 5th here too!

Hey Sista,

I am the Ghanian Queen, I only went on Clear Liquids, two days prior to surgery. I recommend that you comply because, you are not going to want to deal with having a bowel movement during the first few days post-op. Also, they inject air into the abdominal cavity as part of the procedure and the "Post-Op" gas is quite painful so do the liquids, clear broth, sugar-free popsicles, etc. Keep in touch. Good Luck It's a process so be patient, I was banded April 9. Are you getting the lapband or the Realize Band? I got the Realize band.

They will repair the hernia during surgery. You will feel better, but it's a journey and we have to be patient. I think the first 60 days post-op are the most challenging, because although you've had the surgery some of us still can eat, I feel very little restriction. We must get the recommended Protein portion, or we start to lose body mass and it's appears as though you've shrunk. Good Luck

Congrats to You. I was banded April 9th, and I've loss 8 pounds, and I don't feel restricted really. But, I'm trying to be patient. This website and others like it help a great deal.. I never even thought that we'd be able to feel the port and band, by just touch our stomach area. That was a shocker to me!!!

Banding on May 13th, weigh in on May 10th. I have to lose 8 lbs before I can have surgery. I waited to the last minute to do this, so it's my own fault. I don't have a liquid diet pre op, but since I have to lose this weight I'm doing it. It's the only way to lose 8 lbs in one week, right? So, I did OK yesterday (day 1). Well, I broke down and made mac n cheese for dinner. Ate half of the box. Today, I'm doing OK but will eat more veggies so that I don't break down and eat carbs......Hmmmm

Just got my date this morning, 5/22! Can't believe its real.

Start my liquid diet this weekend, but going out for one last steak dinner before.

I just received initial approval for the consult from my insurance company, I need to send proof of medical necessity. Any advise?

I too am a May bandster! My surgery date is May 10th with Dr.Ganta from AIBL. I just saw my doc today for the last pre-op visit. I've already completed the pre-op testing, nutrition/exercise consults, and psych consult. I'm supper anxious and excited!

April 1-First consult with Dr.Ganta; 260 lbs

April 15- Psych consult completed

April 19- Preop testing and nutrition/exercise consults completed; 263 lbs

April 26-Started preop diet (high Protein, low carb, low to no fat diet)

May 3- Final preop consult with Dr. Ganta; 257 lbs

Just make some quick notes, shortness of breath, back pain, knee pain, etc. Gastric reflux, difficulty walking or just some of my initial thoughts. Good Luck

In my opinion the liquid diet is to assist with your immediate post-op period, you want your colon empty when they perform the surgery, and it's easier postoperatively to not deal with bowel movements, the gas with be very prevalent. Good Luck