Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

I am getting banded on May 13th, like many of you I am starting to get a bit anxious. Not about the surgery...but life after!

Sydney

Isn't the Ensure high in calories? It's typically used as ameal replacer in the elderly and I thought it had a lot of calories, but I may be wrong! Your body may be in shock and is holding on to everything. Give it a few more days and I am sure you will see a drop. Keep up the good work!:eek:

My nutritionist gave me a list of what replacement meals I can use. I'm on 1000 cals/day and allowed 2 cups of veggies for lunch and dinner (prepared any way but fried, not fat added).

The Ensure shake that I'm using is 230 cal/18 g of Protein and I have 3 of them (sometimes when I'm really hungry I have a fourth one). They actually fill me up and with the veggies I don't feel very hungry (but definitely jealous of others eating everything I want to).

Thanks for the advise. Good luck!

Mine is May 3rd and very nervous good luck to all my fellow May bansters keep us posted on progress....

Hello,

I found out last week that my insurance had approved my surgery and today I scheduled my surgery for May 21st. On May 5th I have to attend a 2 hour pre-op class with my doctor's nurse and the nutritionist.

While I was on the phone with the nurse this morning, she told me that I was not required to go on a pre-op diet. She said that while I didn't have to lose any more weight prior to surgery, it would be great if I did. However, Dr. Von Rueden expects me to at least maintain my current weight and not gain any more. The day before surgery I am only allowed to have Clear Liquids and nothing after midnight. It seems like everyone else has to go on a pre-op diet drinking shakes or whatever for a week or two prior to surgery. Is there anyone else who doesn't have to do this? I just find this very strange.

Hey ya'll I am scheduled May 5th. I am on my 3rd week of a liquid diet, and have struggled! I spent this past weekend eating full meals. I could definetly use some help!:thumbup:

Hey ya'll I am scheduled May 5th. I am on my 3rd week of a liquid diet, and have struggled! I spent this past weekend eating full meals. I could definetly use some help!:thumbup:

Me too! I have a first communion to go to this weekend. My husband doesn't think it's a big deal, he says, just don't eat anything. :smile: To add insult to injury its at an italian restaurant. As long as I can have a grilled chicken salad I should be ok. I'll just have to drool of DHs meal. :smile:

Do you know how this will affect the surgery I am just so worried that I am jepordizing it. I plan on spending this last week just doing the liquid diet, but am thinking about eating tonight! Why can't my brain function normally!?:thumbup:

I am on day 7 of my preop...shake for Breakfast, shake for lunch and 4 oz lean meat and 1/2 cup of non startchy veggies for dinner. I was SO hungry the first 4 days I thought I could chew my arm off. Just kept drinking lots of Water and crystal light. By day 5 I just wasnt hungry like before-not a starving hunger. I KNOW I am not starving, but I think it is Carb withdrawl seriously!! between that and giving up coffee! LOL. it does get easier. Once you see the pounds coming off little by little, it is encouraging! hang in there!!

1 week from today is my surgery! I have my pre-admission testing tomorrow. I am excited but also nervous. But I know May 3rd is the first day of the rest of my life!! Question.....How much post-op pain is there (for those of you who already had it done?) And how long before the pain is getting better, a week or 2??

DottieAnn -

Joining you on May 3rd for the change of a lifetime! Good Luck!

May 6th for me. Started the high Protein diet today! hope the next 10 days go fast.

Pre-op testing tomorrow. I will spend most of the time at work making a list of stuff I want to ask. Such as when can I go back to the tanning bed. I was told I wouldn't know what time my surgery was scheduled until the day prior. I am a planner, I am having surgery 1.5 hours from the hospital and have 2 young children. I have so many dates to keep up with the next 2 weeks with pre-op stuff and dance recitals. I am dreading the shrinking liver diet (liquid diet) I have to start on Thursday. Time is flying by. What will I feel like after surgery and the week I will be home. Will I be able to drive? Man the stuff I come up with to worry about. :thumbup:

Ok I moved up my scheduled surgery from May 28 to the 14. I just couldnt wait! Looking at all the pictures and success stories have me craving it for myself. hehehehe

I am getting banded on May 13th, like many of you I am starting to get a bit anxious. Not about the surgery...but life after!

Sydney

Sydney,

I'm getting banded on May 6th, and I'm also anxious about life after the band. I keep playing scenes over in my head like the first BBQ, the first party, and going out to eat...wondering if I will ever be satisfied with food again.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so what did you do to cope with it?

I can't imagine that there would be one single person not concerned about life post-band. I know I'll deal with it thanks to the support and inspiration from those of you further along the road, but my goodness, yes, I'm concerned about how it will be! Especially during times of stress and too much busyness. My nutritionist said for awhile it will be a full-time job, which is why I've been practicing beforehand with eating well, etc. Yes, I'm concerned, worried, anxious, and excited at different times.