Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

I'm scheduled for May 6th too. Started the Pre-op yesterday and started chewing the nicotine gum earlier this week. I have to say I was a bit cranky

I'm from the Seattle area - where are you having your surgery done?

My surgery is May 4th!! It was originally scheduled for April 20, but Aetna insurance denied it the first time. They denied it because my 2008 BMI was 39.9 and it needed to be 40. Come on, really?!?!? 0.1% away and they can't accept it. So my doctor figured something out but it had to be moved into May.

I'm on my 2 week Protein only diet. It's been hard for sure. Especially since I've used this time to go cold turkey on diet coke as well, which I LOVE! The first day, the headache was insane. But it's day 3 and it's not so bad.

I've had both my pre-op appts and with my dr and the hospital, so now it's really just a waiting game til the 4th gets here.

I've told pretty much anyone I can. I've gotten some really good support too. I'm really excited.:thumbup:

O.K. so, I called the weight loss center and asked them when i'm supposed to start my pre-op diet.. it's a good thing I called because when my appt. was pushed back they forgot to tell me about the pre-op diet! So I talked with the dietician she wanted to start the very next day. Today was day one on the pre-op diet. It went o.k. I found a Protein Shake that taste pretty good almost like a chocolate Yahoo I got it from GNC it's called... Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, it mixes really well I only use one scoop per 12 oz. of Water. It's tolerable. I had a shake for bkfast and one for lunch. An apple and a few grapes in between.

For dinner I had a seasoned baked boneless chicken breast, steamed veggies. But about an hour after dinner I felt horrible. I got the worse heartburn/indigestion and headache ever! I tried Tums that didnt help, tried a little milk that didn't help either. Finally had to drink 2 Alka Seltzer and that did the trick whew! I was gettin a bit scared. Oh and did I mention I also had stomach cramps and some bowel problems (sorry)... anyway I'm hoping tomorrow goes better.. one down 13 more to go till i'm banded!

I just got my approval from Aetna yesterday and my surgery is set for May 7th. They denied me the first time too because my required 3 consecutive monthy Dr visits did not encompass 90 days, I had one on Jan 22, Feb 23 and March 22. So I had to do another one in April. Anyway, I have started my all liquid pre-op today and it is hard. I am a creature of habit and old habits are hard to break. I have to keep reminding myself I cannot eat! only drink! wow

Hi! I'm having my surgery on May 28.....My nutrionist wants me to start my pre-op diet on May 3...That's like 3 weeks. Has anyone else had to do it that long?

Well day one of the liquid diet has come and gone and it really wasn't that bad...although I must admit later in the evening while watching TV any time a commercial with food came on I started to drool. My day started off at 5am with a Medi-fast shake for breakfast(banana) followed by a coffee with equal and skim, lunch around 11:30am consisted of another shake(strawberry cream)followed by no sugar added drink mix. Around 3pm another shake(dutch chocolate), dinner was around 6pm and I had yet another shake(mocha)with some chicken broth on the side. Ending my night with a final shake(orange cream)around 8pm. The shakes are not as bad as they sound...a tad bit gritty towards the end but tolerable. My doctor said to have between 5 and 7 of them a day 5 if using skim 7 if using Water. I also allowed coffe, tea, no sugar added drink mix, broth, and diet soda although i'm keeping away from the soda. Today is day two and I've already had my shake(french vanilla) and sipping on my coffee....wish me luck...lol :( My surgery date is May 6

Edited by ccnyc921

Looks like there are a lot of us... I'm so excited!

I haven't heard of anyone having to be on the pre-op diet that long. Mine was 2 weeks

May 5th surgery date...On day 5 of the preop...just felt like starting on a Monday....

I will snap if I see food...LMAO

May 5th surgery date...On day 5 of the preop...just felt like starting on a Monday....

I will snap if I see food...LMAO

Of your first 5 days, which day has been the hardest? I am finishing up day 1, and it has been hard, but not as awful as I thought it would be. Does is get harder or easier?

I go in May 6th for my initial visit- If everything goes good, I should have my surgery within 10 days of that! So exciting!

Of your first 5 days, which day has been the hardest? I am finishing up day 1, and it has been hard, but not as awful as I thought it would be. Does is get harder or easier?

I'm wrapping up day 1 of my pre op diet as well. I found it to not be too bad! my tummy growled lots though! and i have a slight headache... i drank boost high Protein shakes, the chocolate ones aren't bad at all!

We can drink Crystal Light for pre op???? That is great since I love soda and can't have that - I also hate Water but love Crystal Light...that just lifted me up a bit - thanks:thumbup:

I am also a soda lover. My doctor told me that I could have sprite or coke zero during the pre-op diet since it doesnt have any sugar or carbs. It doesnt taste as great as regular coke but it does give me that fix. I like cherry coke zero the best.

My biggest problem is cooking for my children while I am basically fasting! It has been super hard! One day it got so bad that I wore noseplugs so I wouldn't have to smell it! :biggrin: