Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

Good morning,

Well it's the start of day 3 on my pre-op liquid diet and I just stepped of the scale and I'm down 10 pounds. Yesterday was kind of rough though I guess you can say I'm a late night eater so the hunger is worse for me in the evening. I was able to curb it by taking two of my shakes and mixing them with a ton of ice in a blender, I also found out that I'm allowed to eat sugar free Jello. You haven't seen excitement till you've seen a fat man on a liquid diet told he could have Jello. :biggrin:

Of your first 5 days, which day has been the hardest? I am finishing up day 1, and it has been hard, but not as awful as I thought it would be. Does is get harder or easier?

On day 3 and 4 I wanted hurt anyone I saw eating. LMAO I told my neighbor that if she BBQ's in the next 15 days that I would have to make her dissapear. She promised not too! lol!

On day 3 and 4 for me is when my stomach started to eat my insides! My stomach got SOO loud on days 3 and 4 it was hillarious! And I knew right then and there it was changing. I have started dropping weight really well, but staying focused and diciplined is the hardest challenge I have ever faced. Just yesterday I had an emergency at work where my guys couldnt leave for lunch and I had to run and get food for everyone, and talk about hard! So, I just imagined my 1oclock shake to be a #5 combo!

I think coming here and reading the support has been great for me. It has actually saved me! And not to mention making friends along this journey helps. Its easy to go to people and share knowledge and experience for support. Even last night I was throwing my head on the desk thinking how easy it would be just to have a bite of something! But I didnt want to cheat.

On the positive side? I have had the most wild energy I have ever had. I found myself doing anything and everything to keep myself busy. So, my house and yard is lookin pretty good right about now!

Hi,

I have been waiting for my journey to begin for so long, I have gone through all of the Nutritional, Phych, sleep Study etc appointments... and found out that my insurance approved my LAP-BAND®® on APril 14th. I called the doctor and they are telling me that they can not get me in until the end of June. I am so angry!!

I called my insurance company and they said I could transfer my approval to another surgeon. I researched and found another good Doctor in my area who can get me in May. :biggrin:

Should I change doctors?

I know I already have a relationship with the 1st doctor, but I really on met him once. And if he is that busy, I dont want to feel like an assembly line.:lol:

So I need advice PLEASEEEEEE:confused:

Hi,

I have been waiting for my journey to begin for so long, I have gone through all of the Nutritional, Phych, sleep Study etc appointments... and found out that my insurance approved my LAP-BAND®®® on APril 14th. I called the doctor and they are telling me that they can not get me in until the end of June. I am so angry!!

I called my insurance company and they said I could transfer my approval to another surgeon. I researched and found another good Doctor in my area who can get me in May. :biggrin:

Should I change doctors?

I know I already have a relationship with the 1st doctor, but I really on met him once. And if he is that busy, I dont want to feel like an assembly line.:lol:

So I need advice PLEASEEEEEE:confused:

I think that it is very surprising that you were approved in April and they can't get you in until the end of June. My opinion would be that if you are comfortable with the second doctor, and you are motivated to get the surgery ASAP, then I would go ahead and change. I would just make sure that the second surgeon is good! Hope it works out for you :wub:

Thank You for your reply. I noticed you have a Navy connection. My husband is in the Navy reserves. My insurance is Tricare. I was surprised that they approved on the first submission. But they did.:biggrin:. So when Dr SMith's office never called back and I had to call them and ask what the next step was, I was dissappointed that they could not get me in sooner. They told me they had limited space for Tricare patients. Which made me angry also. They sure did not say that when they were taking my money for all the studies, Nutritional, Phych etc... I got the feeling like I was a second class citizen. I am not as important as anyone else. :w00t:

Tricare did tell me I could tranfer approval status and Gave me a great referral. I spoke to Dr, Michael Green Office and felt really good after speaking to them on the phone. I have my appointment May 5th and they said I could have the surgery scheduled 2 weeks after. I have to have all my reports, sleep study forwarded to them. I asked Dr. Smith office to confirm once all documents were forwarded to Dr Green, but the have not responded as yet.

I did do a search on this forum on Dr. Green and there have been good reviews. There was even one post from a member that had a similar issue and moved from Dr SMith to Dr. Green back in 2008. :wub:

I love this forum, so much helpful information and support.

I just believe in Karma, and i don't want to have bad karma because of my decision.

But bottom line is that this is my life and my struggle and I have to go with my gutt feelings and it is telling me that I should not wait.

So I appreciate your feed back. It really helps!!

Who knows, maybe we will have our surgury around the same time. That would be great! :lol:

my3sons, I share your frustration and impatience- I've had my surgery delayed a couple of times for different reasons, and at first I was so aggravated! I got aggravated again yesterday when first they called me with a date of May 21, then called back 10 minutes later to tell me it would be May 28!

I've been working at this since last August. I've been using the time to practice the new eating behaviors and exercise.

I think having a good relationship with an experienced doctor is very important, and a month isn't going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things. I'd want to know how and by whom fills are done, and what the other personnel in the office are like. What does the office offer for support? Questions like that are the ones I would be asking in order to make my decision. No, I wouldn't want to be part of an assembly line, but I do value experience, skill and good support.

Hi guys,

I'm on day 6 of my liquid pre-op diet. I haven't noticed any weight loss, am taking 3-4 ensure shakes and eat some veggies to hold me over. I also drink about 2-3 liters of water/day. What am I doing wrong?

I'm hungry all the time and haven't cheated, why am I not losing any weight like everyone else? :biggrin:

Does anyone have any advise/help. Appreciate all the help I can get, I really don't want to screw this up.

By the way, my surgery is scheduled for May 5th

Good morning,

Well it's the start of day 3 on my pre-op liquid diet and I just stepped of the scale and I'm down 10 pounds. Yesterday was kind of rough though I guess you can say I'm a late night eater so the hunger is worse for me in the evening. I was able to curb it by taking two of my shakes and mixing them with a ton of ice in a blender, I also found out that I'm allowed to eat sugar free Jello. You haven't seen excitement till you've seen a fat man on a liquid diet told he could have Jello. :biggrin:

LMAO!!!:lol:

Hi guys,

I'm on day 6 of my liquid pre-op diet. I haven't noticed any weight loss, am taking 3-4 ensure shakes and eat some veggies to hold me over. I also drink about 2-3 liters of water/day. What am I doing wrong?

I'm hungry all the time and haven't cheated, why am I not losing any weight like everyone else? :lol:

Does anyone have any advise/help. Appreciate all the help I can get, I really don't want to screw this up.

By the way, my surgery is scheduled for May 5th

Isn't the Ensure high in calories? It's typically used as ameal replacer in the elderly and I thought it had a lot of calories, but I may be wrong! Your body may be in shock and is holding on to everything. Give it a few more days and I am sure you will see a drop. Keep up the good work!:biggrin:

It looks like we may have a few more connections other than being military spouses! My husband is active-duty Air Force, we have 3 sons, and of course we have Tricare. One last biggie...my doctor is Dr. Adam Smith! I have a feeling that I know why they are running behind in Texas. Dr. Smith has started a new program in Albuquerque, NM. He is here at least one week a month. I imagine that is causing longer than normal waits in Ft Worth.

I am glad that you were able to get everything transferred to Dr. Green and hope that things move quickly for you now! If you really want to get your surgery quickly, come to Albuquerque. Dr. Smith's program here is new, and so there is practically no wait once you are approved :biggrin:

Edited by AFmom
error

On day 3 and 4 I wanted hurt anyone I saw eating. LMAO I told my neighbor that if she BBQ's in the next 15 days that I would have to make her dissapear. She promised not too! lol!

On day 3 and 4 for me is when my stomach started to eat my insides! My stomach got SOO loud on days 3 and 4 it was hillarious! And I knew right then and there it was changing. I have started dropping weight really well, but staying focused and diciplined is the hardest challenge I have ever faced. Just yesterday I had an emergency at work where my guys couldnt leave for lunch and I had to run and get food for everyone, and talk about hard! So, I just imagined my 1oclock shake to be a #5 combo!

I think coming here and reading the support has been great for me. It has actually saved me! And not to mention making friends along this journey helps. Its easy to go to people and share knowledge and experience for support. Even last night I was throwing my head on the desk thinking how easy it would be just to have a bite of something! But I didnt want to cheat.

On the positive side? I have had the most wild energy I have ever had. I found myself doing anything and everything to keep myself busy. So, my house and yard is lookin pretty good right about now!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Day 2 is almost done for, and I have stayed the course. I am wanting to snack on something really badly right now, but reading everyone's post is a big help!

I am trying to keep extra busy too. My kitchen has never been so clean and organized! I had too much of the kids food sitting out where I could see it, and that was more temptation than I wanted to deal with. I even found attractive canisters for my Protein powders, Stevia, and calcium chews :biggrin:

LOL, my wife saw me doing laundry and clearing out the dishwasher and was laughing...she just said to me "you just cant sit still can you?" and I said to her that Its like anxiety to not sit still! you should have read my Facebook post! We went to a carnival and survived the smell of Funnel cakes, Turkey Legs, Sausage on a stick? 2 hours and we were OUT! Almost killed a guy today........

Had my pre-op appt yesterday! Surgery is scheduled for May 3rd at 7:30 am!!!

Now I am just scared about the whole having surgery thing. I have never had surgery before.

Pre-op diet is going ok...still hungry, Isopure is the only one I can stomach, but I still suck it down. And I know after surgery I have to sip slowly. But if I can do this I can do anything. Oh and I lost 14 pounds in 5 days!!! Although I am sure some of this was Water weight as I also started my cycle. But was super excited to see that!

Which isopure are you using? I am unsing the ready to drink because they taste good. They come in really good flavors like passion fruit and fruit punch. I want to get the powders but I'm afraid it won't taste as good. I was wondering if you use the isopure chocolate or vanilla powder. I think I'm definately going to pick up the unflavored one to add to broths post op.

Had my pre-op appt yesterday! Surgery is scheduled for May 3rd at 7:30 am!!!

Now I am just scared about the whole having surgery thing. I have never had surgery before.

Pre-op diet is going ok...still hungry, Isopure is the only one I can stomach, but I still suck it down. And I know after surgery I have to sip slowly. But if I can do this I can do anything. Oh and I lost 14 pounds in 5 days!!! Although I am sure some of this was Water weight as I also started my cycle. But was super excited to see that!

Which isopure are you using? I am unsing the ready to drink because they taste good. They come in really good flavors like passion fruit and fruit punch. I want to get the powders but I'm afraid it won't taste as good. I was wondering if you use the isopure chocolate or vanilla powder. I think I'm definately going to pick up the unflavored one to add to broths post op.

I am scheduled for surgery May 3 & am currently doing my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. It is extremely hard to stick to but I know I have to. I am starving. I couldn't wait for surgery to come, but now that it's finally here, I am feeling quite nervous over the whole thing. Does everyone go thru this? Good luck to everyone, I wish you all huge success!!!!

Since the first day I thought about surgery I have had periods of being nervous. This is life changing! I think anxiety is normal but remember you are changing your life for the better.