Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

:biggrin::yesnod:Wow, thank you so much for the warm welcome I have received. Leigha, my daughter is turning 18 shortly, getting her driver's license as well though a bit problematic here - the offices are so busy because they are backlogged after having a quite long strike. It's hard to believe they grow up and so fast!

To one and all ....

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!

For all of the good wishes, prayers, and caring enough about me to WANT to crack the whip on me! :-) Believe me, I'm gonna need it.

Do any of you have problems eating Breakfast? or even eating by lunch time? I think that's where I have the most problems. I don't eat 3 meals consistantly because I cant eat most days until afternoon - even on days when i get up at 5 or 6 am. Like today. Even drinking coffee is a struggle some days. Just too tight. I'm hoping geting back into a work routine will shake me back into the mindset I need to continue to succeed.

I'm SOOOO close to Onederland! I have been for 6 months or so. And yet it eludes me constantly :biggrin: My own fault , I know. BUT STILL !!!!

I hope you all are having a great day! Katie, Lena, and any other new comers i may have missed, dont hesitate asking questions here, or voicing any concerns! It's better to ask, and know you're on the right track...

It seems many others are MIA from here, huh ? Bob? Christie? etc...

Where are you ???????:thumbup:

Welcome, Lena! (One of my favorite names--and I was really saddened by Lena Horne's death this week. Apropos of nothing!)

Anyway, glad you're here!

Denise, how are you feeling? I hope good answers are starting to roll in for you. (Note my careful avoidance of puns--I actually cleaned up my last post because everything I typed turned into a bad pun!)

I am envious of the iPad. Thanks to y'all, my Amazon wishlist is growing by leaps and bounds. Wii, Wii Fit, Just Dance, iPad (or Kindle--still torn)....what else should I add? LOL

Bobbie, are things looking up for you? I have you in my prayers. Re: your morning eating issue, I don't have difficulty with breakfast. But I do have the reverse problem: the end of the day is when I don't want to eat. I have been making good use of good Protein drinks---warmed. Something about a warm drink is soothing and satisfying at the same time. And it goes down when nothing else appeals.

I don't think it's really a tightness issue (I am not really quite at the sweet spot)---though I am a bit tighter in the evening than earlier in the day. It's more of a ...I don't know...a this-is-more-effort-than-it's-worth kind of thing. A disinterest. I do try to eat something nice and balanced--but it's nice to have the protein available when it's a no-go.

BB people: mine is on the UPS truck en route to me as I type. How long does it take to charge? I am pondering today's activities....I think I will postpone the heavy labor (lawn, garden) until tomorrow so I can get "credit" for it. (How crazy is that? It's not like my body wouldn't burn the same number of calories! But I really want to see them. Ridiculous, I know.)

Shad, when's yours due to arrive?

We're like a little cult here, aren't we? Who will be our charismatic leader?

Welcome, Lena! (One of my favorite names--and I was really saddened by Lena Horne's death this week. Apropos of nothing!)

Denise, how are you feeling? I hope good answers are starting to roll in for you. (Note my careful avoidance of puns--I actually cleaned up my last post because everything I typed turned into a bad pun!)

I am envious of the iPad. Thanks to y'all, my Amazon wishlist is growing by leaps and bounds. Wii, Wii Fit, Just Dance, iPad (or Kindle--still torn)....what else should I add? LOL

Bobbie, are things looking up for you? I have you in my prayers. Re: your morning eating issue, I don't have difficulty with breakfast. But I do have the reverse problem: the end of the day is when I don't want to eat. I have been making good use of good Protein drinks---warmed. Something about a warm drink is soothing and satisfying at the same time. And it goes down when nothing else appeals.

I don't think it's really a tightness issue (I am not really quite at the sweet spot)---though I am a bit tighter in the evening than earlier in the day. It's more of a ...I don't know...a this-is-more-effort-than-it's-worth kind of thing. A disinterest. I do try to eat something nice and balanced--but it's nice to have the protein available when it's a no-go.

BB people: mine is on the UPS truck en route to me as I type. How long does it take to charge? I am pondering today's activities....I think I will postpone the heavy labor (lawn, garden) until tomorrow so I can get "credit" for it. (How crazy is that? It's not like my body wouldn't burn the same number of calories! But I really want to see them. Ridiculous, I know.)

Betsy--you should get a full charge on your BB after 3 hours. I got mine at about 1 pm, charged it and put it on right before bed.

Leigha--I'm handing you tissues, honey. I can't imagine what it feels like to take your 'baby' to get a drivers license! I'm just getting over my oldest starting Kindergarten this past year!

Lena--Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

Bobbie--CONGRATS on the job! And I'm more than happy to join in and give you a loving kick in the tush to get back in gear :w00t:! You know I love you and this too shall pass :-)

Anne--Hang in there. I remember being a raging biatch when I was where you are now. Just remember in a couple of months from now, you will look back lovingly on that time (uh yeah) and know it was totally worth it.

Denise--I totally LOLed at your comment about all you brought with you. You REALLY sound like me (and I too am a self-admitted dork). Must...not...give...in to the iPad envy. Who will crack first? Me by getting an iPad or you getting a BB? Hmmmm..... bets anyone LOL

Shad--when is your bugg getting here?!? SO excited for you and Betsy to start using yours!

So, I have been using my bugg since Tuesday night/Wed morning and haven't weighed in since (MOMENTUS occasion for me as I still weigh in every day). Imagine my surprise when I looked down and saw 167!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I broke through a 9-week plateau!!!! Is it a coincidence? Is it the bugg? I have NO clue, but I'll take it.

Yesterday's reading was 2609 calories burned, 1000 in for a deficit of 1609 (came home and tried to eat chicken and didn't go so well, slimed and brought most of it back up, so went for a breadstick and some frozen grapes--I was HUNGRY). I think I'm starting to get sick because my throat is really sore and I have the sniffles, and I know I am normally a bit tighter when I get sick). I am still scheduled for my next fill on 5/20 and my hunger is leveling off (of course), but my portions are still exceeding over 8 ounces. Should I still go? It's covered, so no out of pocket, but I don't want to get yelled at for being obsessive about restriction and "I'm fine". LOL Thoughts?

And someone needs to burn Bob's freaking farm down. I mean, we haven't had any 'real' smart a$$ comments in quite awhile.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend! Pray that I get through this wedding I have tomorrow! My throat hurts SO bad I don't know how I'm going to sing through a freaking 5-hour reception! Not to mention, they are making me squeal Lady Gaga LOL

Hey everyone. I am on I40 heading for Kingman, AZ. Yesterday was interesting Got stuck on a croissant. I know, not the most band friendly, slimed and urped for an hour. Ugh. So today feeling very tight. But my pressure was 104/70!!! A record for me lately!

I will be meeting up with my sister and her husband in Sedona later today, yay!

Karen, you will get iPad before I get BB. I live in ignorant bliss of my lack of calories burned. And there are far too many iPad accessories I NEED! Like a 12 volt charger for use on the road!!! Congrats on breaking the plateau!!!!

OH!! NSV Alert!!! I caught sight of myself in a mirror yesterday when I wasn't really expecting it and was surprised to see the skinny chick looking back at meI I think this latest issue has caused either more loss or a redistribution, because I looked different.

Anyway, sorry for typos, still adjusting to this keyboard!

Take care everyone!!

Betsy--I nominate you oh fearless leader:biggrin: Karen, the ultimate persuader is V.P!!! lol

My wish list is the same on Amazon--my husband says I keep UPS on retainer lol Just to Lauren's hope--thanks for that suggestion on another thread--so something else is going to be shipped!

My BB is scheduled to arrive tomorrow--I am like a kid waiting for Christmas:lol:

Bobbie--I have the same problem from breakfast--but just never really liked breakfast--I make myself eat breakfast--no skipping even if it is just a Protein Bar. The only time is do not eat breakfast is when I sleep in, but I still do three meals.

Hope everyone is doing good

The BB is a lier. This morning I ran my 3rd day of week 2 on C25K then I walked on the treadmill for 30 min and I am on track to burn just 1900 calories for the day! Oh and when I finished my husband was here so I made him smell of me and he said I defiantly smell like ammonia, horse barn was his actual comment but we wont go there. I read on the internet that this is a result of burning Protein when you don't have enough carbs which makes sense with my diet.

Denise--So I guess you should tell your husband that you need regular vacations to regulate your blood pressure.

Karen--Woo hoo on 167! I better get busy or your going to pass me! I'm so happy your BB is working for you.

Edited by LeighaMason

Thanks Leigha. I'm sorry yours is being a doo doo head. How in the heck are you doing THAT much and burning so little calories???? Did you sign up for your free coaching session? I'd totally address that with them --it would drive me batty! With the ammonia smell, how many carbs are you eating? That's wild! I've never even heard of that. That's why I love this site so much. Even though I'm almost 7 months out, I still learn something new every day!

Shad---Yeah, I can't wait for yours to arrive!! I'm excited FOR you!! LOL

My sister, who I have been exercising with 4 nights each week, has really been jealous during our workouts because I can tell her how much I'm burning. So of course, she just ordered one today along with the display. The child is crazy. She's freaking 140 lbs and wants to lose another 20 and she's already stick thin....whatever, at least I have a fitness buddy :-)

Bobbie--I am the same with breakfast. I don't even get hungry until about 10:30, so that's when I'll eat it. Hope I am not doing any harm by not eating within an hour of getting up, but I just don't have any interest in anything that early besides coffee lol

Denise, I have a feeling you are right. You're "normal"--what the heck would you want a little advice to keep you obsessing about calorie burn and intake LOL. Ahhh, one day I hope to be normal (okay, in any sense of the word LOL)

Leigha, it is a ketosis thing---related to burning Protein. Do be sure that you are getting enough Fluid. It's really, really important!

Here's my announcement du jour: I've been discouraged, playing with the same 2-ish pounds for a couple of weeks. Intellectually, I know that it's just one of those things--my body does this. But still, it sucks.

I put on my jeans--you know, the new ones---and they were a bit big. I thought, "Hm. Maybe I'll go get 16s later. Then lightbulb! I remembered a pair of 16s I've hung on to for....well, probably 10 years. They're just basic 5-pocket straight-legs---not trendy, but not outdated.....but much more fitted than the low-rise boyfriend jeans I've been wearing. I didn't think they'd fit---but lo and behold, they do!

I love closet shopping! Not enough that I kept many things on my ascent up the scale---but I'm glad to have "new" old jeans to wear :w00t:

Now if Mr. UPS would just make his appearance, I'd be on Cloud Nine.

Leigha, it is a ketosis thing---related to burning Protein. Do be sure that you are getting enough Fluid. It's really, really important!

Here's my announcement du jour: I've been discouraged, playing with the same 2-ish pounds for a couple of weeks. Intellectually, I know that it's just one of those things--my body does this. But still, it sucks.

I put on my jeans--you know, the new ones---and they were a bit big. I thought, "Hm. Maybe I'll go get 16s later. Then lightbulb! I remembered a pair of 16s I've hung on to for....well, probably 10 years. They're just basic 5-pocket straight-legs---not trendy, but not outdated.....but much more fitted than the low-rise boyfriend jeans I've been wearing. I didn't think they'd fit---but lo and behold, they do!

I love closet shopping! Not enough that I kept many things on my ascent up the scale---but I'm glad to have "new" old jeans to wear :w00t:

Now if Mr. UPS would just make his appearance, I'd be on Cloud Nine.

Yaay, Betsy! Congrats on the NSV! Woohoo! I can't believe the man in brown hasn't shown up yet. I am trying to will him to get there so you get your new toy LOL

It's here! It's here!

All charged, and everything--I'm heading out to see how many calories I can burn before nightfall LOL

Wooohoooo! Have fun, Betsy! I'm telling you, it's AMAZING!!! I can't wait to hear what you think!!!! Have fun :-)!

I'm here and alive, just not much to say. The band is there, still a bit too tight, but most days tolerable...other days a pain in the ass. We went camping and canoeing with my parents last weekend and my dad spent the weekend telling me (repeatedly) I wasn't eating enought. It was actually pretty hysterical, he was obsessing in a big way. I am in the 230's for the first time since I was about a sophomore in college, holy moly.

My baby boys turns 6 tomorrow and I'm sitting here watching him snore next to me on the couch trying to figure out how on the earth the time has gone so quickly...I can't fathom how you guys are dealing with driver's licenses! And now, I'm going back to lurk in the corner again.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work! I'm fairly certain bob is being held hostage by a rabid pack of chickens or something.

Like Christie, I'm lurking with not much to say most of the time lately.

Welcome newbies to the thread.

Bobbie! I knew you would find a job! I hope it turns out to be one you really like.

To all you BB groupies, good for you! I know many people really love the BB (including the MIA BOB), but I just think it would be a waste of money for me. I don't log or track anything and so far it works well for me.

I have a fill monday. This will be the first one I have in the afternoon instead of morning, so it might be interesting. I'm going to try not to eat much solid stuff before the fill, but will have to have something. I may just end up with another .1 fill, but am just getting too hungry between meals.

I can't really jump on the shopping bandwagon too much yet. I need to get this surgery paid off first. I paid off my credit card and have now been paying big chuncks toward my surgery one. I think I have a balance of about $3,000 now. I am going to splerge a little and buy a log bed for my guest room. I have company coming toward the end of June and would like to have the room fixed up by then.

I have been doing more closet shopping and found all sorts of "new" stuff that fits! Most of the stuff that fits well now is size 14! Woo Hoo!

Okay, jury's in. LOVE IT. Best little gadget ever. EVER!

Christie, it's amazing how quickly time flies. My daughter called me yesterday (from her apartment in faraway Houston) to remind me that in 365 days, she will be a college graduate.

Know what? She's still the same girl she was when she was in my arms. Things change, but they just get better and better. Well, once you get past the I've-lost-a-limb sensation of sending them far away. (They do come home! I'm counting minutes until Tuesday...)