Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Karen, I have intentionally not told you about my BB experience because I don't want to "neg you out" (sorry for the car salesman lingo, but its the most appropriate that I can think of for the situation.) My BB wants me to burn 2150 calories and eat 1250. So I did, for a week, and gained 3 pounds, I usually have a 1 pound gain here and there that I ignore. So I can be 144 and get up the next day and be 145.5 and be OK with that, but I just kept creeping up I went from 144 to 147 in 7 days. (I am on the shot so I don't have a period so I cant blame it on that) I have not gained 3 pounds since I started this, a pound to a pound and a half MAX! So I have decided I will try and hit the burn number but I am going back to my 800-1000 calorie a day program. I think I am like Betsy, my body only loses weight when I eat below 1000 calories a day. :smile:

But that doesn't mean it wont work for you and I think you should give it an honest try because there are thousands of people that it works for. :smile2:

Hmmm. Thanks for trying to spare me, chica! You know me too well. I have actually been eating higher calories for a week or so now, and that isn't changing anything either. I could go down further and that doesn't make a difference as well, so I am going to focus on the burn number like you and see how that goes. I'll try to do the 1000-1200 calorie range and see how that goes. It sucks because I honestly was losing weight consistently by doing the same thing one day then POOF--all of a sudden it stopped. It sucks because I really feel like I haven't been doing much differently than yesterday, but I am willing to wait it out a week and see what happens.

I still love the BB though .... so far :-)!

No, no BB yet--it's due to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!

No matter what it "tells" me to do, I will be staying at 800-1000 calories/day. I lose at that level. I don't when I go higher. No matter how much I exercise.

Sucks, but it's the way it is.

I have been wondering about whether I'll want to journal food on the BB site, or continue with Fitday, where I have a long custom list of foods already. One of the BB bulletin boards suggested creating a custom food, each day, with the cumulative information from the day's journaling on Fitday. (So instead of entering each food on the BB site, I'd enter the total for the day.) I may go that route because I have nutritional information from hundred of the brand-name foods I use routinely....it just seems more expedient. But we'll see. If the BB journaling is user friendly and seems as accurate, I'll give it a whirl.

Yes, I overthink things. I will stop overthinking when I actually have the device in my hot little hands and can begin playing with it!

Betsy, you bring up a GREAT point! I LOVE thedailyplate.com and their database of foods is not only HUGE but very accurate. I am already finding some inconsistencies with my foods (i.e. it has Dannon Light N Fit blueberry yogurt was 130 calories!) I have decided since I'm pretty boring that I'm going to enter some of my regular foods and just store them for quick reference. I am determined to use this thing to the fullest, but I'll be darned if I don't get results due to miscalculation of nutritional content!!

Good Day, fellow Bandsters !!!! I'm sorry I've been gone for so long ... Been going thru some emotional issues as you all know, and then I was gone for a few day at scrapbooking retreat.

SO lets see ... Ive gained 4 pounds - not too bad considering I havent done much of anything physical, and sat for 5 days scrapping and snacking :-) My diet has been totally de-railed lately, but will be getting back on track on monday, as that's when I start work !!! I interviewed last Wed before leaving on vacation. They called me back that afternoon - while I was roaming around the local Wal-mart - to inform mr that they'd like me back for a second interview Monday morning at 8:15 ... I met them, and waited. Waited. Waited. Finally got "THE" call yesterday afternoon offering me the position ! :-) I'll be the new Admin Assist / Exec Assist for the Grand Forks Chamber of Commerce :-) I"m soooo excited!!!! So now i just have to work on ME, and my plan. I've been eating bad food - albeit in small quantities - and at any time I see fit. No structure. No rules. also no guidance and no support ( around here, i mean )

SO, I hope you all are well ... I'm excited to be back :-) And will continue to check in daily. Thank you all for your support and kind words ....

:thumbup:Hello to all in this group; my name is Lena and I was banded April 28, 2010. I look forward to all the positive reinforcement and comraderie that goes along with this group.

I'm doing OK with my pre-op OptiFast- day 2- but am cranky. It's a good thing I was dieting before this!

I can't keep up with all of you with the BBs and the Power 90s and P90Xs, etc! I think I'm going to be stuck at the wee-bee level of Wii Fit for awhile!

Denise, hope you feel better soon! And Sedona is a lovely place.

Bobbie, congrats on your new job!!! Woo-Hooo!!!!

Lena, welcome to the thread!

Hello all - I think I need some advice or insight please.

I had surgery last Wednesday May 5th. Flew to Vancouver the day before, surgery 8:30 Wednesday and returned home on an 11:30 flight Thursday. Everything went great, and it was much "easier" than I though it would be. Returned to work Monday and have worked approx 6 hours/day this week. I own a printing company with approx 75 employees so I'm fairly busy. Problem is, I feel like "the wind has been knocked out of my sails". I guess I thought that since I feel so well as far as the surgery that I would be a little more lively. I'm used to being fairly active so just wondering if this is what everyone else has experienced? Keeping well hydrated, and I don't think it could be the calorie count either. I had no problem with my 16-day pre-op 3 Protein shake/day and continued to exercise, yoga, etc during that period. Transitioned to "mushie" or "pureed" stage today and really have had no hunger yet. Managing to get all my Protein with the soy Protein powder and today added cottage cheese, and pea Soup to my menu. Also, have continued with my Vitamins, trace minerals that I have taken for years. Other than tremendous lethargic feeling I'm pretty healthy. Now, above all I'm realistic, I know no strenuous anything yet, but boy, to be able to stay up til 9pm would be great!!

Any comments would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks,

Katie

I'm doing OK with my pre-op OptiFast- day 2- but am cranky. It's a good thing I was dieting before this!

I can't keep up with all of you with the BBs and the Power 90s and P90Xs, etc! I think I'm going to be stuck at the wee-bee level of Wii Fit for awhile!

Denise, hope you feel better soon! And Sedona is a lovely place.

Bobbie, congrats on your new job!!! Woo-Hooo!!!!

Lena, welcome to the thread!

Thanks Anne

Welcome Lena ! You're gonna love it here :-)

Ann - I'd be cranky too :-( and I cant keep up with all the BB;s, etc either lol

Katie - Welcome aboard! And having the "wind" knocked out sounds about right. Even tho you're not having any problems , and feel great, you STILL had major surgery, and your body needs to adjust to that, and HEAL ...... I actually had no issues either, but I took 3 weks off ,, A. because I could, and B. i didnt want to cause any problems by being too active too soon.

Best of luck to you both!

I'm heading to bed soon, I'm exhausted tonight!

Will chat later ....

Thank you!

Thanks Bobbie, and congratulations on your new job.

Bobbie--Glad your back, you get a free pass from now until Monday when you are back at work and then we are going to start cracking the whip on you girl! Back to basics! OK not really but it sounded fun.

Lena--Were glad your here. Lots of great advice to be had, I promise.

Katie--I have heard the surgery referred to as "the insult your body has gone through" this really made sense to me between giving you major drugs, cutting you open, pushing your insides around, I look at it like your body has the right to be pissed for a while, but Betsy and Christie are more qualified at answering a question like that.

Anne--Its kind of like being pregnant, at least you have a valid reason to be cranky! Use it for all its worth!

Denise--Congrats on the ipad. I think they are totally useless, a complete waste of money. (I am going to keep saying this repeatedly so I don't go and buy one, I want it so bad!)

Betsy--I cant wait for you to get you BB and tell us what you think. I wonder if their food logs are accurate. I really want to know what you think.

Well I just got home from taking my baby to get his learning permit for driving. I don't even know what to say other than.... :biggrin:

Welcome Lena--

Bobbie--congrats on the job!

Betsy--anxiously waiting on the BB too

Karen--I love the dailyplate too, but I just will have to input the staples

Leigha--I am a gadget person--so trying to resist an iPad when I just bought a new netbook

Anne--hang in there on the pre-op

Denise--hoping and praying things get better--I admire your attitude in dealing with it all

Okay I know that is not everybody, but I haven't had time to catch up

Hey Everyone!

Lena and Katie, welcome!!

Bobbie, congrats!!

Anne, keep up the good work on the pre-op.

Betsy, have fun with the BB.

Leigha, I agree, the ipad was a total gratuitous purchase, and I LOVE it! I am navigating us with it and having a blast. The BB is the thing that is NOT for me. Karen won't influence me that far! tee hee.

You should see me here right now. We are in Laughlin, Nevada. I packed 2 laptops (work and personal), ipad, external hardrive (holds my itunes), 2 cellphones (work and personal), one ipod, a dog, a husband, and a partridge in a pear tree!

What a dork I am!

Shad, thanks for the good wishes.

My BP today was 93/60. Woohoo! I guess I don't have to worry about a stroke! :biggrin:

Ok, ipad is loaded, it's about time for bed!

Catch you all later.

To all those I missed, sorry!!!!