Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Positive people unite! This thread is being created for the sole use of positive people to give positive reinforcement to others in the group that we care about. We know that we may disagree on some issues but we will offer constructive criticism, objective suggestions, we will always give kind support even when delivering the occasional (but necessary) kick in the pants.

I had a pretty good week so far, I have lost 1 pound but I go Monday to Monday so I could pick up the other one by then. I try and lose 2 pounds a week. Since my last fill I am too tight, but I have to go to Dallas for fills and its 2 hours away. I can drink Water and shakes and I can eat (very slowly and carefully) most of the time. I am going to give it a week, if I am not any looser by March 8th I will call to schedule a partial unfill, maybe .3 or so. I just hate to drive to Dallas for that small amount! Silly!

Yay! I'm so glad to be here!

I've had a good week, too. The scale was stubbornly sticking, but I salved my wounded ego by checking measurements: 7.5 inches down in the past month. The scale then rewarded me with a 3.6 pound loss.

I've slacked off on exercise this week, though. Snow buried my usual walking path---and I also got buried by work. NOT GOOD EXCUSES. I need to step it up again; I really find it difficult to lose without DAILY exercise.

How long has it been since your last fill, Leigha? (I know I should know this.) Is there any chance it you will still loosen a bit?

My sister used to live in Tyler, and only liked making the drive to Dallas for FUN stuff! :wink2:

Hey Leigha! Sending loose thoughts your way! Overfilled sucks. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Every time I think of a fill lately I get stuck on something!

I say my PCP a couple weeks ago. My cholesterol is normal! YAY!! Fasting sugar 103, up from 99 six months ago--Boo!!

My weight has been stable for quite a while now, I am quite happy where I am. PCP said if I could lose 15 more lbs that I would be in the zone that the insurance companies say the least amount of bad things could happen to me. PCP understands the fight..he had RNY a year after I got my band.

I told him I like where I am because I am not having to worry about every bite and be compulsive about my diet. He said he is not unhappy where I am, and I can stay here for a while and think about it.

So, as I have not been exercizing like a good bandster should, and my dog is having private lessons--cause he is a putz, he and I are walking each day when I get home from work.

This should help with the slightly elevated blood sugar and maybe set me up for some losses on the scale.

We shall see!!!

I am feeling pretty good about my week. After a frustrating plateau I finally droped a couple pounds bringing me to the "overweight" BMI.

Today I have some head hunger, but that will pass.

Leigha, I hope you are doing better about the fill/tightness in a week. I have to drive to Denver for fills, so I know what you mean about not wanting to drive so far for a tiny unfill. I just don't like traffic.

Hey Betsy, when you gonna post a new pic???? Can't wait to see the changes!

Ask and you shall receive, Denise :wink2:

Do you check your blood sugar at home? I ask, because a one-time four-point fluctuation in fasting blood glucose may be completely insignificant. Has your doctor ever done an A1C? That gives a better overall picture of what's going on.

The walking will help a LOT. My putz dog (Truman) and I walk a ton---it's great exercise, and great stress relief. He is pacing right now because we've yet to take our morning walk. Guess I'd better go do that!

Hummingbird, HOORAY for entering a new BMI category! That is a real milestone!

My last fill gradually loosened that is what I am hoping for. I had this fill on 02/18. I had good restriction after the 2nd fill then it went away, so when I went for this fill I told my nurse I probably only needed .25 or so thinking .5 max. But she does it under floro and needed .7 to get good restriction so I am thinking that if I was good that day under floro I probably just have swelling and I should just be patient (not my strong suit) that is why I am giving myself a deadline of a week from Monday (March 8th) to call for an unfill. If I call that Monday I can have it done that Thursday and that would be 3 solid weeks to get rid of the swelling, I think if the swelling were going to go down 3 weeks should do it.

Betsy, I'm glad your doing well, sorry about the snow impeding your exercise.

Cocoa, Thats cool that you have a good PCP. I have never found one I liked. You should post some pictures of your dog, I have never seen a putz dog before!:wink2:

Humming bird, Oh I love Denver! But not in the winter. Congrats on the BMI milestone!

I, too, continue to struggle with eating. I had my third fill Monday. I am learning to eat much more slowly, take smaller bites, and chew, chew, chew. Yesterday was the first day without getting stuck, sliming or PBing. So, I was pretty proud of myself. It's a whole new way of life for us. One that I'm ready to embrace. I lost 3.4 lbs. as of Monday. But since then the scale hasn't budged either. And I'm eating way, way less. I don't get it! Anyway, thanks for starting this thread for all us positive posters!!!

Hey ladies,

This thread is just what I needed. Despite losing 18+ pounds over the last 3 weeks, I feel like I'm losing my motivation. I'm almost sure it's just my usual February into March cabin fever. I am soooo over winter by this point and I want to get out in my garden but it's buried (literally) under 3-4' snow drifts. The constant pain from my shoulder hasn't helped either *but* my husband went off and bought some of those pain Patches, so I'm looking forward to some sleep tonight and I'll be back to my posivite self in the morning.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to catnap next to the fire place in the recliner...

I hope you have a nice nap. I wish there was something we could do to help.

Hey friends!

I'm still working with my .5cc in my band, but I guess it's going ok. I saw 292 this morning, down 4lbs from last Friday! I'm not going to log it though, I'll do it this evening fully clothed after dinner..maybe 294 then. I forgot to weigh myself last night...imagine that!

But, I did make my goal of 4 workouts this past week, Sat, Sun, Tue, and Fri! Did the whole kit and kaboodle - mile walk, weight lifting, and a little booty shaking for some extra cardio. 60 minutes total with my stretching. And I was back at it again this morning, so I think I can manage to keep this up!

AND...the pants I just bought last Friday that fit fine are now a bit loose! Yay!

Have a good day everyone!

Awesome, Liz!

Good news: I'm finally going to be banded on Tuesday and I'll be a full-fledged member of the club, not just a pledge any more.

Bad news: I wanted to drop 100 pounds before banding and it is looking like it will only be between 93 and 95 pounds.

No more people telling me that my advice is bad because I am not banded. Now they'll have to tell me that I don't know anything because I haven't had a fill yet.

Knowledge is a bad thing in some people's hands. I can't wait to be stuck; slime and BP. I am sick of hearing about it, I need to do it!

Edited by btrieger

Good Afternoon everyone. Congrats to those who are still seeing losses whether its .5 pounds or 3 pounds or anything thing else for that matter... I was stalled for about three weeks so I went in for a fill on Tuesday... Boy, what a difference .5 can make...

I did discover this morning that if I have a shake too soon after getting up (one hour) that it will come right back up... I only had 2 or 3 tiny sips but ugh... That was not fun... I'm gonna stick to my 2 hour rule.. That means i can enjoy it on my 30 minute drive to work...

SO I got on the scale last night and after a full day of food and beverage, it was down to the number that is usually reserved for first thing in the morning! WHoop WHoop Hooray!

I'm hoping to see it like that when I am fully clothed and shoed by Monday when I weigh in "officially" for the Easter Challenge... That will mean I am no longer fluctuating into the 190's at any point in any state of dress or undress at any time of the day or night... I hate how that was happening at night... Bah!

For those who are stalled, keep your chin up... I know it can be discouraging but it passes and you are back on the road to success eventually...

btrieger: You are correct about experiencing things rather than just going on other peoples words... I had to expereince it all myself to understand what it really felt like and to learn how to deal with it....