Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Go Bob and Christie!!! Great progress:thumbup:

Denise--hang in there--letting go is harder for some.

Bobby--echo Leigha about not eating at desk. You can get back on track--start small and work your way back.

Hello restriction! You are back my old friend!

Since my re-fill on Friday I have played it pretty safe with yogurt, oatmeal, tomotoe bisque ....... I had a couple reduced fat wheat thins with cheese earlier today. Tonight I heated up some chili (my old stand-by Protein food) and didn't even eat as much as I thought would be a serving. I got that full signal and took one more bite of maybe 2 Beans. My nose started running and I had a sneeze attack. That is my you-took-one-bite-too-many signal.

NSV I meant to share earlier and forgot...I am completely off blood pressure meds now. We had been decreasing my doses with time due to the BP being down plus I was having horrid light-headed dizzy spells. As of 2 weeks ago I gave up the meds completely and my blood pressure is running (this is almost hysterical) anywhere from 90/60 to 110/72...110/72 is the HIGHEST reading I've had since I've been watching it so closely. My pulse, which has been high for as long as I can remember and part of the reason I started meds is in the 60's if I'm sitting and chilling and 80's if I'm up walking around...Naturally it goes higher with exercise but comes right back down when I stop. Moral of the story, even thought I'm not at a healthy weight yet, the 70+ pounds I have lost have made me so much healthier (and happier)...even if I don't lose another pound (which I will) it was worth it. AND the dizzy spells are gone, I can stand up quickly without almost blacking out! WOOHOO!!

I got my butt kicked by cherries this afternoon....Oh fresh cherries, they were so very very good but came back to haunt me quickly. My son met me outside the bathroom with a barf bag, a pillow and a blanket...it was very sweet.

Christie, great news about ditching the BP meds!!! and bummer about the cherries.

I just popped on to share a NSV I forgot too. I can now shop at Vickey's!!!! (that's Victoria's Secret) When I was in Denver the other day I had some time to kill so I walked around a mall. Every other time I have walked in a Victoria's Secret there is nothing that would fit me.

Well, this time I walked over to a clearence rack and there hung the most beautiful pair of silk pajamas (mauve & cream stripes) with my name on them! They aren't even the biggest size they have! 50% off and they even have the Vickey's logo ......lol. This is the first thing I have ever worn with the VS on it.

I have a confession:

Hi my name is Leigha and I have become a weight-loss snob.

I have been snarky to the newly banded, I have been rolling my eyes at the confused and I have been snickering at the plateaued. I am throughly ashamed of myself.

I guess it started with seeing posts that are the same as last weeks, but the person who wrote it wasn't here last week so how can I expect them to know? I was newly banded once, I was confused and I was plateaued and nobody treated me like that.

So I am going to make a commitment to try and help as many as I can even if they ask the same questions that have been asked to death, even if after I offer help they refuse it with a "yeah, but". I am going to be nice and positive even if they aren't. (Betsy is the best at this.)

Thank you for listening....:smile2:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are only human. I do the same think and have to remind myself to have patience and be kind to the newcomers. I guess what gets me the most is that everything you need to know is right here on this forum if you do a little reading. Plus, what about their doctors? I was over educated when it came to banding due to my doctor's office and team. I think they post questions without doing any research and then expect us to not say anything, which, I guess..we shouldn't. Or at least I try not to. Anyway, we are all guilty of this so called crime...so...be kind to yourself and let yourself off the hook. I do believe confession is good for sole though....and this is a good, safe place to do that...Dottie

Hello restriction! You are back my old friend!

Since my re-fill on Friday I have played it pretty safe with yogurt, oatmeal, tomotoe bisque ....... I had a couple reduced fat wheat thins with cheese earlier today. Tonight I heated up some chili (my old stand-by Protein food) and didn't even eat as much as I thought would be a serving. I got that full signal and took one more bite of maybe 2 Beans. My nose started running and I had a sneeze attack. That is my you-took-one-bite-too-many signal.

My nose runs every time. They call those "soft signs" apparently. some people hiccup, some burp, me, my nose runs every time! Glad you have restriction though...ain't it sweet??? Dottie

My nose runs every time. They call those "soft signs" apparently. some people hiccup, some burp, me, my nose runs every time! Glad you have restriction though...ain't it sweet??? Dottie

For the record, I'm a hiccupper. :thumbup:

I have a really weird "soft sign" I get a big chill throught my whole body. So odd! Does anyone else get this?

This weekend was rough :thumbup: The hubby and I went to The Poconos to visit family and I chose all foods that I would have thought I would be able to eat and no dice. Everything was getting stuck. I think the egg beater omelet that I ordered for Breakfast yesterday was either over cooked or not egg beaters at all because I know I can't get regular scrambled eggs down. So, needless to say I didn't eat much this weekend. I refused to resort to slider foods.

Woohoo Christie! Congrats on your NSV! What an achievement!

Crystl--happy to hear restriction is upon you once again! That's just awesome that you're able to shop at VS! That was definitely one of my most exciting milestones LOL (I have about 3 pairs of their "Pink" sweatpants with writing on the butt LOL--it's the little things!)

Amy--sorry to hear you had a bad food weekend. You should be very proud of yourself that you didn't resort to the bad things that you know would go down! The band can be tricky sometimes, as we all know.

Signs, hmmm. I sometimes get one hiccup when I suppose I'm "full". My problem is if I didn't have the willpower to stop eating, I could continue. I'm pretty sure I have good restriction because I can no longer gulp Water, but I have no problem eating a slice of pizza every now and then (which I don't do very often) and I stop myself when I feel I've eaten a reasonable amount. Since I'm about 15 away from my first goal, I'm wondering if I should just leave well enough alone so I can maintain here or if I should go tighter. I have had maybe 2 pb/sliming incidents since my last fill on 5/20, so I'm thinking I could stand another .2 or .3 ccs, but my luck it could be too much and I'd end up having to have it all taken out. Decisions, decisions......

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!! Thanks for all the bday wishes, FB buddies :-)!

HB congrats on VS! I could always buy their bras...they go a bit larger online. But it was so fun when I could buy their clothes and pj's.

Christie, yay on the meds! My bp was 87/51 last evening. Am wishing it would go UP!

Leigha, I've been thinking about making a file for the standard questions, so that I can copy and paste nice answers. I remember asking why I wasnt losing when I was one week post op myself. But stay here for a while and you see it over and over.

Karen, I have been pondering a fill for a loooong time now. I hate the going back and forth.....

Y'all who have soft signs are lucky, I don't. My goal is to quit eating when I am satisfied not go until I am full.

I do love my ipad, am sitting by the campfire at the beach posting. Fun!

Have a great Monday, everyone!

"For the record, I'm a hiccupper. :thumbup: "

Ditto, Bob :-)

Yea so I just broke down and called the doc. It really helped that I had breakfast at 10:30 this morning and was hungry again by 12:15. Coincidence to my post this morning? Maybe. But since my doc books quickly for fills, I called and scheduled another. I honestly think I am soooo close. I have restriction (so I'm not dying of hunger), but I just know I'm not 'there'. Perhaps another .2 or .3 should do it. Just a little tweak. My doc gets a kick out of me when I go in though (I feel like I've been in every month for a fill so far). I'm all, "Top me off, doc!" Anyway, 3 weeks until my (hopefully) last fill. I have 5.3 right now in my 10cc band. It's gotta be soooo close. Fingers crossed!

I'm back! I had to go to south Texas for a software training class for work. It was a 6 hour drive there on Sunday afternoon and training from 9-4 and home at 11 pm. I ate 1/4 of a Reuben sandwich, 1 french fry, and a chocolate chip cookie on Sunday and Monday I had a greek yogurt that I had brought then we ate at a Tex-Mex resturant and I had a crispy taco and 5 chips with hot sauce and on the way home a bowl of loaded potato Soup. I was sick as hell when I got home. Now that I rarely eat out it really affects me when I do.

I forced my 15 year old son to go with me. It was nice to have just him around, it was like we were before he became a teen and had better things to do than hang out with mom. Of course, he was on the laptop and texting his girlfriend but I did get some conversation from him. Remeber when you just had to ride with no entertainment?

I did lose a pound, it took 11 days this time. I am exactly equal to the absolute lowest weight since I got pregnant with my son, when I lose 1 more pound I will offically be thinner than I have been in 16 years. :smile2:

post-281008-13813139413359_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139413662_thumb.jpg

I do get signals, but they are so inconsistant that I can't rely on them to tell me to stop eating. Sometimes I'll hiccup, but other times (which isn't often :biggrin:) my body just goes into either reverse or that "stuck" feeling with no warning. Sometimes it's a burp too. I have had the worst trouble eating these last couple days. Go figure...my fill appt is Friday. Now I am really wondering if I should go for it or not. Saturday I actually vomited (which has only happened 2 other times) and I almost did again today, but i hiccuped/burped and then felt better (shifted the food maybe??). This morning I knew it was going to be a bad day when I took my birth control pill (and I am sure most of you know how teeny tiny they are) and it hurt. So I decided ok definitly Protein Shake today for breakfast...it hurt. lunch was when I almost puked (string cheese and turkey deli meat), but dinner I had chicken breast and rice...YES RICE...with no problems. Go figure. I've also gotten heartburn 2x's this week which had me scared because you hear all these band slippage horror stories, but I would think that if i can eat a way too over cooked dry chicken breast and rice that I am ok right :thumbup:?? I haven't had heartburn since pre-band so over 6mo now.

Karen-yay for the fill appt! :smile2:

Leigha-congrats on the 1lb and the = to lowest weight. That is AWESOME!

HB-I don't know if I will ever be a VS shopper. :smile2: So far I haven't gone down a cup size and had to order my last bras in a size G. Congrats though...if you can't tell I am obviously envious.

Christie-congrats on the meds! I was so happy to get rid of the cholesterol ones!!

Amy-that stinks when you just want to be able to eat "normal" (not worrying about stuck) and it just won't happen. It always seems to hit me when I am away from home too. I think I worry too much that other people may notice that I take forever to eat or that I eat so little and then the stress of it just closes my band up lol. My mother sure did raise me to worry just as much as her (unfortunatly)

Everyone else-HI!!

Oh and one more thing I want to get off of my chest. I am going to say first that I am not a horrible person. My husband & I have no kids. We tried (& tried & tried & tried) and have had several miscarriages. We just decided that we enjoy one another enough and we like to be able to just leave town on a whim or stay out all night, so we are done trying even though we haven't hit the big 3-0 yet (very soon though). Our best friends just told us tonight that they are now trying to have a baby. I told them I was happy for them...and I really truly am, but there is that part of me saying NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :biggrin: They are our last friends with no kids and that selfish part of me likes the fact that I can call them anytime at all hours and they can just get up and go like us. Just wanted to get that off my chest. One of those things I can't say out loud, but now that it is out I can go to just being happy for them...maybe:glare: