Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Ok y'all...I am actually starting to worry about myself. I have been getting heartburn off and on for a few weeks now. Prior to this I haven't had any heartburn for like 5 1/2 months. It is very faint heartburn...in fact like today I haven't even taken anything for it, but it's still there and has been there like all day. I'm so worried I have done something to hurt my band (prolapse/dilation). I haven't thrown up alot in the 6 mo I've had my band (only 3 times), and none of them were recent. I know there have been times I've eaten too much, but it's not like I always stuff myself. I finally called the dr today after mentioning it at my appt friday. They haven't called me back yet :). Like i said the heartburn isn't bad, and I have never woken up with heartburn. Any insights?

Had my upper GI today...everything (band wise) is NORMAL :tt1:. Now i am on prescription Prevacid for at least a month, but hey I will take it!!!

Stacie,

Great news. If I have a slip or erosion I am not going to be able to use heart burn as a diagnosis. I live on spicy food. So, I am just used to it.

Glad to hear it Stacie! Didn't know what to say when you asked for ideas. I think heartburn can be signs of a slip, but I think it is bad heartburn.

Happy to know all is well in band land!

I've been asked a couple times lately if I am dropping more weight, but I am not. So, maybe things are just re-distributing.

And tomorrow is Friday to begin a long weekend, oh yeah!!!

Thanks...I was starting to get really worried because it has been constant non stop for the last 3 days and getting progressivly stronger, but like i said I was told all is good with the band at least. They said I could probably even stand to be a bit tighter, but that isn't happening until I get this heartburn under control.

Beautiful rings...love the color!

That is great news Stacie. I know that takes a load off your mind to know that what they could see was normal.

Karen, I got my iPhone upgraded on the 23rd -- the 4 is really nice! But since it's so new, there aren't really great accessories for it yet. I got a case that has some design flaws, in that the phone thinks part of the case is an ear up against the touch screen, so while the screen deactivates like it's supposed to during a call, it remains that way even after the call is done. I have to pull the phone out of the case to get my screen back. Boo. Maybe by the time yours comes, some nice accessories will be out. You will love the 4. It's got so many nice features (though many of the features aren't specific to the 4; they are in the iOS update that all iPhone users have now) and I think you'll really enjoy it.

I had the iPhone 3Gs before this one, and I used (still do!) the C25K app, the B210K app, and my favorite: RunKeeper Pro. I use that app all the time! You can select running, cycling, whatever. I'm hoping my iPhone 4 (with wireless turned off, and the 3G turned off) will give me enough accuracy and battery life for the 66 mile bike ride I'm doing in NINE DAYS! ZOMG!

I'm thinking of starting C25K over (I finished in March) because I haven't been running at all. The cycling has been my focus because of the huge bikeathon from Philly to Buena.

Good news on my front is even without that fifth fill, I'm losing! Today my total lost is 36 pounds. WOW! I met my 4th of July challenge (I'm in shock! I thought I was destined for bandster hell forever) and I'm only a few pounds away from both an "overweight" BMI and 50% of my EBW gone. I'm so excited! Not even the crappy stuff at work can bring me down. :frown: I remember back in January when friends were asking about what I've lost so far and I was telling them, "I lost 13 pounds," with a big feeling of accomplishment. I can't wait until I can say, "I lost 80 pounds!" Thank goodness for my sleep apnea; otherwise, I'd not have been eligible for this here wonderful band. I'm working hard, but now I actually feel like the band is giving me a leg up.

We have our pool ready, the backyard swing, and the chiminea -- that's all the heaven I need for the summer. I love chilling in the backyard. Too bad I have to work (I'm the type of teacher that never gets a real summer - the broke type! haha. "Teacher" and "broke" are synonymous!), but I'll still get time to enjoy the summer when I can squeeze it in.

Glad to see Melody back, and sorry to hear about the troubles some of you are having. The best is yet to come! :tt1:

And thanks, guys. I know I'm not here all the time, but I really, REALLY enjoy this place and benefit greatly from the support net here.

It's nice to hear from you Jacki. It sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up and keep enjoying your summer and your life! That is what is so great about the band sometimes. Weightloss can be so uplifting!

Denise-- LOVE the rings! And girl, I'd KILL to weigh what you do. You are a true inspiration! One of the 'normal' ones to look up to LOL

Stacie--SO glad everything checked out okay and sorry to hear about the HB, but thank GOD nothing was wrong with the band. I'm sure you breathed a heavy sigh of relief (I'm breathing one for you too!)

Jacki--WOW! Congrats on your loss! You SHOULD feel a sense of accomplishment! Holy wow--I'm so proud of you and CONGRATS on making that 4th of July challenge goal! I have been thinking about the C25K too, but my issue is...I have little ones (4 and 6) and a hubby that works CONSTANTLY, so I don't know when I'd have the time. It's hard enough forcing them to stay out of my hair while I do a DVD workout. Lots of times I find myself waking up at like 5:30 to get a workout in before they wake up. Maybe I could do that. But GOD I am SO not a morning person and I LOVE my sleep! LOL I'm so glad to hear about the iPhone 4! I am really excited to get it! There was an ADORABLE Juicy Couture case I saw on the Apple site, and OF COURSE it was for the 3G :-( Oh well, guess I have to wait for the cool accessories. My HUGE concern is that I have had Verizon for about 10 years and I LOVE the service (no dropped calls or issues with anything, love the customer service too) and I've heard very mixed things about AT&T not to mention now they are saying that Verizon is going to get the iPhone in January. Ugh. Oh well, I'm too much of a brat to wait (I waited this long), but if you have any good thoughts on AT&T to ease my mind about switching service, I'd LOVE to hear them!

So, ordered my new DVDs today after thinking it over for about a week. I love the beachbody stuff and have been loving the TurboJam workouts. Well of course, lo and behold now there is a TurboFIRE program that takes it to the next level. TurboFire® Workout - Turbo Fire Reviews - TurboFire: Chalene Johnson's High Intensity Workout - Fitness, Nutrition, Diet, Weight Loss Official Web site

It looks similar to insanity, so this should be interesting. I really want to push myself a little more and this looks like just the thing to give me a good hard kick in the as$ LOL

Hope everyone has a terrific 4th. We are having a bash on Sunday. Pool is ready and I may even save some calories for a nice bottle of blush LOL.

Stacie-- I'm glad your band is OK, worrying about slips and erosion is my new past time. I get heart burn a lot but I think my problem is like Bob I eat so much spicy food.

Dottie-- In case you are reading and not feeling like posting, I am thinking of you.

Jackie-- 66 MILES! Whew! I downloaded the iMapMyRun app for my iphone and it records lots of cool info that you can send to their web site as well and I love it. Congrats on losing.

Karen-- I know I couldn't do what I do if my son was small, I think you are really dedicated to do as much as you do. I have had AT&T since 1991, I have never had a problem with them.

Denise-- I love the rings too. Topaz is so pretty.

Great news! I finished C25K this morning. I ran the full 5K without stopping, it took 41:23, so I need to start working on my time (especially since Betsy walks faster than I "run") but I am so excited about the fact that I can run that long. My goal is to run for an hour and burn 600 calories, three times a week.

I also bought tomatoes yesterday and I am going to can them this weekend. We have already eaten 3 jars of the peaches that I canned last weekend. :tt1:

post-281008-13813139423084_thumb.jpg

Hello to All !!

Just checking in to say Hi. Here its the same old ...

Lost my job...

Unable to get my meds ...

BF still not working ...

Kitty needed emergency surgery ...

Rent is due ...

Still playing with the same 5 pounds - 208 - 203 - every day - i'm somewhere in between - grrrrrrr

However - I'm feeling great!

I'm not as hot and sweaty this summer as I have been in the past...

I also got my Air Conditioner fixed yeterday - good thing since its been in the upper 90's all week!!

I have groceries in the house thanks to the Salvation Army and St Vincent de paul ...

And you all seem to be doing beautifully !!!!!! I'm soooooo glad :-) I love to read about your accomplishments, and NSV's ...

Have a wonderful 4th !!!!!

I'm not doing squat today. Heat index yesterday was 98...and felt every bit of it. Today it'll be around 90+ and at 9 a.m. in the morning is already miserable. I'm doing better with the heat than I did last year but still...looking forward to next summer when I *should* have all this excess weight off and be far more comfortable.

Hope it's cooler where you all are...

Eflie--glad you're back with us healthy and happy. Denise the rings are beautiful. Stacie--heartburn can be a real pain in the neck and you had good reason to worry...glad you went to the doctor's about this. As for me, I am home, recovering, from my knee replacement and boy is that a whopper of a surgery to go through. But I made it and am recovering nicely. Thanks to all for you prayers and thoughts during this difficult time. My first home visit from a PT is this afternoon. Just checking in...can't sit in the chair that long...but wanted you all to know that it's done and over, and I survived. Love, Dottie

Dottie, so good to hear from you! Do what that mean ol' PT tells you. You will get better every day.