Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Well geez Bob, that's because you don't even have a band yet, who are you to be telling people all this stuff???? Sheesh!

Actually, where'd ya post it? I haven't read a good suck it up and put on your big girl panties post from you in a while!

News:

Betsy put an update on Facebook. Not a heart attack, it was angina and he is being released momentarily.

So glad to hear! I have a friend who just had a heart attack yesterday. He's only 33! A mild one and he will recover, but again another wake up call for me as to why I got my band in the first place. Still thinking of your family Betsy! That had to be very scary for you and him.

Betsy, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how the stress level goes up and you just have to hold it together. Hang in there.

So glad to hear! I have a friend who just had a heart attack yesterday. He's only 33! A mild one and he will recover, but again another wake up call for me as to why I got my band in the first place. Still thinking of your family Betsy! That had to be very scary for you and him.

Stacie,

I had a heart attack 3 days before my 45th birthday. It may have been the best thing that ever happened to me. It was the kick in the ass I needed to change.

By the way, I think mine would have been considered mild. I only had to spend 2.5 days in the hospital but trust me, the pain says there is no mild heart attacks. I can take pain and this was much more than I could handle.

I have to go look up a post for Christie. I was kind of frank but I honestly think that is what whiners need.

Well geez Bob, that's because you don't even have a band yet, who are you to be telling people all this stuff???? Sheesh!

Actually, where'd ya post it? I haven't read a good suck it up and put on your big girl panties post from you in a while!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/did-anyone-cheat-pre-op-diet-117727/

The OP replied back to me in a private message but it was all in CAPS so I deleted it without reading it. I'm guessing it was probably a thank you or an apology.

" it was probably a thank you or an apology"

LOL!!! I'm sure it was one of those! :)

Edited by Humming Bird

Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to look at your post Bob. All I can say is :smile:. And btw, you are right! The liquid diet 2 weeks before for me was pure hell, in fact on day 2 it triggered a Migraine and I missed work, but I never once cheated. Now have I had the perfect diet post-op...no, but definitly a world better than it was. I also can't imagine the pain of a heart attack. i've had really bad heartburn a few times that I pondered if that is all that it was, but I am sure the pain is probably so much worse. Most of the time I love blatant honesty (that is of course unless it's directed at me :)) lol.

FIVE INCH HEELS???? Did they LAP-BAND® your brain or have you always wondered what a body cast would feel like? Good luck sista! And I do SoooOOOO want to see pictures in the 5 inch heels!

Here is some preview pics of my new shoes, since my boobs are gone it think it will be safe to wear them without someone thinking I am a stripper.:)

post-281008-13813139431042_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139431486_thumb.jpg

Wow Leigha, those are some painful looking shoes!!

I am curious what is wrong with eating at subway? (posted on the Bob flaming thread).

OMG---Bob eats at Subway once a week!!! What a traitor to his band!!!

Wow Leigha, those are some painful looking shoes!!

I am curious what is wrong with eating at subway? (posted on the Bob flaming thread).

OMG---Bob eats at Subway once a week!!! What a traitor to his band!!!

I can finish a half of a 6" sub. I've cut it down to about once every 2 weeks

I wanted to see pictures on Leigha in those shoes. Not just some stupid shoes only.

If I had boobs, I'd be more afraid tipping over in those shoes than looking like a stripper.

Stacie, during the heart attacks; I had no chest pain at all. Both arms felt like I was holding them over a fire. The moral of the story is: Don't wait for chest pain to occur. If something hurts real bad and you don't know what it is, get to the hospital.

Edited by btrieger

If I had boobs, I'd be more afraid tipping over in those shoes than looking like a stripper.

omg! I'm getting a visual :)

omg! I'm getting a visual :)

I may be open to putting a dress or a bikini on for laughs but you ain't ever getting me into a pair of pumps or stilettos.

I may be open to putting a dress or a bikini on for laughs but you ain't ever getting me into a pair of pumps or stilettos.

Never say never!! Ha!

I can eat 3" of a subway sub, also. Unless my band is not liking bread. It is fickle about bread. Then I tear off the bread and eat the filling.

I just really did not get that as a flame....ooooh, you so baaad, you eat subway! We don't all have the same dietary rules. I have very few from my surgeon. Basically, if it hurts don't eat it, and whatever it is, chew it well.

Or, maybe I've forgotten. My memory isn't what it used to be...oh, and he doesn't want me brainlessly eating. Yeah, I fail at that one sometimes. I guess that is related to the memory thing, huh?

Whatever, it has worked. I haven't maintained 145 lbs for this long with this little effort since....well, FOREVER!

Me and my band? Yeah, it's love.

Stacie- I wanted to post and clarify a misconception about heart attacks and chest pain. I had a heart attack at age 47 and the placement of 4 cardiac stents. In women MIs don't always present with crushing chest pain or pressure like they ususally do with men. It isn't something you can describe but I can tell you it's a whole different kind of pain and I knew what was happening. However I was a cardiac nurse for 15 yrs. also. It can resemble heartburn but it will be "different". I kept telling them it was a crescendo type pain and it felt very deep and squeezing. Sounds weird I know but like I said it's hard to describe. Women will generally complain of epigastric pain,sort of like what you get when you're stuck I guess. Nausea,vomiting, sweating and shortness of breath or dizziness. Anytime you have something like this and it doesn't go away in a few minutes call 911. Never waste time trying to drive to the ER.

Also to Denise- What's wrong with eating at Subway? Well after patrolling around this website the last few months I was under the distinct impression that most bandsters don't tolerate bread, tortilla or bread products without getting "stuck". Also I thought a high Protein, low carb diet was normally prescribed after banding.I see alot of people are on these high protein, low carb diets pre-operatively. My surgeon will have me on the high protein, no carb diet for the rest of my life.He tells me the weight will come off faster and my blood lipids will improve dramatically. Subway to me is just another fast food joint and I wasn't aware they have "band friendly" items on their menu. So to those that still get to eat carbs and fast foods should have a little more empathy for those that have been taken off of it and are finding it so hard. You haven't had to change your eating habits as much. These folks are struggling with these drastic changes and looking for support...not a justification for falling off their diets as Bob suggests. This suck it up and put on your big girl panties attitude isn't very kind or motivating to most folks. However I see that like everywhere else there is a little "clique" that exists and some of you enjoy Bob's "pep talks". You're welcome to them. I for one will try and continue to help these folks out with kindness and encouragement!

Hi Shelley,

Thanks for the MI info. Very informative.

I believe that Subway sells wraps and salads. I would not suggest that as a choice for a pre-op if the surgeon had prescribed a liquid diet. But for someone to say to not listen to a poster because he eats at Subway, just doesn't make sense to me. You feel the "tone," if there is such a thing in writing, to be non-supportive, that is fine, I understand that.

I do believe a salad with turkey to be a low carb choice and band friendly, yes? It may be a deli-turkey. So it would have quite a bit of sodium, but I could easier eat deli turkey than I could a piece of turkey breast.

Does the fact that Bob or myself can eat bread make eating at Subway wrong? Or the fact that I was not prescribed a low-carb diet make my success with my band wrong?

There are no right or wrong foods, there are no good or bad restaurants. It is all about the choices we make.