Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

I am an inconsistant signaler...most of the time it's nothing, every once in a while I'll burp and maybe twice a month I'll get a hiccup as I approach full. My mom had a bypass in '81 and is a consistant hiccuper...kinda funny to watch. Just one lone hiccup and she knows that's it.

Stacie-good luck with the friends, feel free to vent, that's what we're here for!

Cocoa-I wish I was sitting at a campfire on the beach with or without ipad...consider me green with envy girl!

Juliansmom-ack, good luck, hope it brings you closer but not over the top! It's ain't purty on the otherside!!!!

And now, to bed. My son had "horsemanship" class this morning (daycare takes them) then bowling this afternoon(daycare take 'em) then swim lessons tonight (this one is all mommy) he's crashed out in total exhaustion and just listening to a 6 year old in manic mode over his first horse encounter has worn me out. 'night!

Oh and one more thing I want to get off of my chest. I am going to say first that I am not a horrible person. My husband & I have no kids. We tried (& tried & tried & tried) and have had several miscarriages. We just decided that we enjoy one another enough and we like to be able to just leave town on a whim or stay out all night, so we are done trying even though we haven't hit the big 3-0 yet (very soon though). Our best friends just told us tonight that they are now trying to have a baby. I told them I was happy for them...and I really truly am, but there is that part of me saying NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :biggrin: They are our last friends with no kids and that selfish part of me likes the fact that I can call them anytime at all hours and they can just get up and go like us. Just wanted to get that off my chest. One of those things I can't say out loud, but now that it is out I can go to just being happy for them...maybe:glare:

Sometimes when you stop trying you end up with a little surprise package :smile2:

If your friends do end up having kids there are ways you can still do some fun things. You just may have to do a little planning. Other people's kids are the best kind to have. You can babysit a little and then send the little buggers home! :thumbup:

Sometimes when you stop trying you end up with a little surprise package :smile2:

If your friends do end up having kids there are ways you can still do some fun things. You just may have to do a little planning. Other people's kids are the best kind to have. You can babysit a little and then send the little buggers home! :thumbup:

That's how I've been looking at the situation (except for that little venting thing that I just had to get off my chest :biggrin:) We already know we would be the god-parents so we will be the best ever! lol Kinda like going to gramma's house-you don't want to go home

Here's my grumble - "liquids in, liquids out" - Argh! The teacher in me wants to give a little 4th grade science lesson on the digestive system. We don't need to scare folks into dehydrating themselves, right? :biggrin:

"liquids in, liquids out" - Argh!

Not necessarily. I was pretty solid during my Protein Shake pre-op and post-op.

Not necessarily. I was pretty solid during my Protein Shake pre-op and post-op.

Sorry, should have been more clear -- I was bemoaning the myth of liquids in, liquids out.

Okay been away--I will try to catch up

Christie--glad you can eat again--only in the band world would we Celebrate someone eating!

Leigha--victory is close

Karen--good luck with fill. How's the BB? I still trying to figure out this calorie thing--Trying to increase calories on workout days.

Denise--I am typing on my new iPad right now--love it! My county gave all the administrators one who would come to a tech training. My husband says I will do anything for a gadget!

Bob--I concur on the fill. I get one next week. I too almost ate a whole sub today, but I had yogurt too

Btw, my soft sign is burping or combo of hiccup and burp. Lately, I just stop at about a cup of food--no restriction and no sign some days.

Nothing new with me--anxiously waiting my 3rd fill and contemplating cutting my thinning hair.< /p>

Hello to everyone else

Okay, so I've come to terms with the fact that I'm going to need a total body lift when this is all done and the fat flaps have settled but apparently, of all things, the bat wings (or more correctly, the flying squirrel flaps) are going to have to go! I went swimming with the boy after his swim lessons tonight and between the pool and home (15 minutes, maybe?) the chaffing was killing me. I figured the flappy belly or boobs would get to me first but darn if it's not the arms.

Okay, rant off.

Oh, wait, rant back on. Just when I think I can eat again...I can't...grrr....I know I'll wake up tomorrow and the world will be fine again but oh my how are you supposed to figure out a fickle band???? I type this as I'm sitting here hiccuping from crystal light...::thumbup::

:thumbup: it's the arms with me too

You should see what they look like on a motorcycle going 60 :thumbup:

I too have ridiculous bat wings. I do notice if I do a dvd that uses weights (like a Turbo Jam Sculpt or Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn), I see tone and they aren't flapping around nearly as bad. I am starting to actually see definition! I also find that whole muscle burns fat thing to be true--I notice on the evenings that I do some cardio with weights, my BB tells me that I'm burning more calories the next day, so it definitely boosts your metabolism.

I am thinking I am going to need a Tummy Tuck though. I am doing all this ab work and I have a nice waist (let's not talk about the hips LOL), but my "baby pooch" as I call it, has gone south (gotta love gravity right LOL). No matter what I try, it's still there. Yes smaller, but I can't wear certain things because of it and it sucks because my stomach is actually starting to look good! Ack! Never a happy medium!

Christie---are you in need of an unfill again or is it just a case of the fickle band? I'm sorry you were hiccuping Crystal Light. That's terrible! I hope you can eat soon! Poor thing.

Stacie--you don't sound like a horrible person at all. I HAVE kids and totally get where you're coming from LOL Like you said, you will make the best of it and end up having fun I'm sure

Shammah--The BB is great. Of course I'm super obsessed and I'm finding, like Leigha, I cannot take in the amount of calories it's telling me to. It's telling me to take in 1400 and burn 2400, so with all the exercising I'm doing, I'm staying at about 1200 and shooting for the 2400 calorie burn (they days I don't make it, I'm freaking soooo close!) I am losing....but VERY slowly. I have a fill scheduled for 7/15, so I'm thinking this little tweak will get me where I need to be (fingers crossed). Good luck on the third fill! And go for it with the hair! Treat yourself! I did mine last week (she went a little too crazy with the blonde), but I love the cut! My layers are back and it's super curly again!

I am jealous of you and Denise with the iPads! I am holding out until the day Verizon gets the iPhone (which at this rate will be next year), but want to see what's going on first. I have spent so much $$$$$ that I need to go easy for a month or two (the horror--let's see how I do LOL)

Christie--"Hi I am batman" as well. However, like Karen I have The Firm DVDS that come with weights as well and they are getting more defined, but still "I believe I can Fly"

Stacie--I know how you feel. My husband and I want to have children, but we are very content without them--we like getting up and going and spending money on ourselves. Also I have 450 students--they are all the children I need.

Karen--I love the BB, it is figuring out the calorie thing too. I trying to find a happy medium--I cannot eat all the calories it suggests--over 2000 some days! However,eating to low of calories may slow me down. So far, hitting 1400-2000 on workout days seems to work. The only bad things is having to eat a snack when I am not hungry--defeats the whole eating only when your hungry thing, but I try to make something with Protein.< /p>

I have definitely decided to go short again and get color--might as well go for the gold, right?

Maybe we could get a group discount on a bat-wing-ectomy? Let's find a beautiful place to meet, have surgery and recover!

In my house it is a running joke that DH not make me mad, because I'll use them like a whip and KABLAM he won't know what hit him!

The correct term is "bingo wings" and I am fortunate. I don't have that issue.

I am picking up a lot more excess skin on my inner thighs than I imagined.

Got my third fill yesterday. 9ccs in a 14cc band. I can only drink a mouthful of Water at a time now and my pills came close to getting stuck this morning.

I am going to eat tonight for the first time and I am kind of nervous that I may be too tight.

The new PA in my surgeons office stabbed me no less than 10 times trying to get into my port. My regular does it in one shot. Leigha, if David K usually does yours, make sure he does your next.