Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

almost 130 pounds later and I still don't see the difference in the mirror. However, the camera apparently does.

This is an after / before picture

June 18, 2010 - 236 pounds

Sept 18, 2009 - 365 pounds

75645-albums5191-picture37159.jpg

Holy shit, eh?

AWSOME!!! You look soooo great!! Congrats and keep it up!!

Wow Bob, you look amazing! Good work!

Unfill? I've been there. When I got stuck on mashed potatoes, I knew I was in trouble. Lost 7 lbs in one week. That was not good at the weight I was at.

Rough week here, Mom-in-law was in the hospital again. two sisters-in-law very angry that the docs "aren't doing anything."

I am sorry, she is 94 years old, has congestive heart failure, severe anemia (had her second transfusion), and is refusing to eat. Just what is it they are supposed to be doing?

Ah well, I am thinking it is just a matter of time. Family time is going to be such a joy, NOT!

Ah well, these are things we must go through in our lives.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

AWSOME!!! You look soooo great!! Congrats and keep it up!!

Thanks!!

It's all due to the power of a positive attitude and the positive influences on this site.

You're doing pretty good yourself!

Hello All!

I hope you all are having a great start to the weekend! I havent been on the past few days ... but ive been lurking.

I've been feeling like a failure the past week or so. ANd I have a feeling it won't go away for a while. I finally realized why I'm having so much trouble losing any more weight. I'm a grazer. To the bone. A Diehard. I guess I've always been , but never really thought about it screwing me up as much as it is. If you're supposed to have 800 - 1200 cals a day, why does it matter when / what you eat? As long as you eat. Most days, I cannot eat until I've been up for hours. I'm just too tight. I cant even do coffee some mornings! I dont always have time for lunch or just eat what i have in my desk drawer ( lately its just been a money thing ), and i eat supper when i get home. Granted, Its not always the best choices ( again, its a money thing right now ) But i try to stay under 1200 cal a day. However, i tend to throwup most of what i eat. It goes in spurts. I puke for days at a time, then I can eat my regular food for weeks, then BAM! I get sick again after i eat - no matter what it is. And I STILL dont lose any weight. I'm still between 204 - 207 - up down up down. :smilielol5:

I havent been to the dr for a few months, and cant go again until October. I lost my ins when i lost my job, and wont have coverage until then. I'm also almost of my meds, and cant afford them. SOOOO , if i sound a bit whiny or sad or pathetic on here sometimes, just let me know, and I'll try to knock it off!! :thumbup:

I'm just glad you're all here for me tovent on. my bf has no interest in my band, moods, needs or issues.

Thanks again. Luv u all :lol:

Bobbie, throwing up so often is not good at all. You have to do something..... are you eating the wrong stuff or too fast and then you throw up? or is it that you are just too tight? I'm worried about you.

BOB! OMG! There is a big change in those pics! Wooo! Hooo! for you!!! (Love the smiley shirt ...lol ..... fashion statement?)

Denise, I went through all that family stuff and end of life stuff ..... not fun. We had 4 deaths in less than 2 years . My dad (never really in my life), then my mom (I was devistated and had "family issues"), My uncle (I was devistated as he was my father figure), then my grandmother (age 97, I was heartbroken, but she was 97 and ready). I was with my mom and my grandma when they died. (I realized I had put on tons of weight after the dust settled) Not an easy time with family issues. Just try to stay calm and be supportive. I already can tell you are good at that.

I made the drive to Denver to get some fill put back. I ended up with .6cc. That is where I was before my last two .1 fills. We'll see how it goes. I want to get that last 20 lbs off darn it.

10857_1192229330666_1376374485_30502871_1021933_n.jpgattachment.php?attachmentid=19681&stc=1&d=1276909725Okay, so I'm not good at this posting photos thing and can't seem to make it side by side, but you get the point. The first photo is from our office Christmas party about 5 days pre-op and around 285 pounds...the second was last weekend at a company picnic at about 222 pounds. When I look in the mirror I see small changes...when I look at old pictures I see OH MY GOD!!!!! (I'm no Bob still impressed with myself)

post-281444-13813139405826_thumb.jpg

I can see the changes Christie. I'm impressed with you too:thumbup:

Yeah okay, so they did post side by side...sheesh...on the preview they weren't, or so the imaginary pink elephants told me....

Bob, you are studman #1...

Bobbie you have a problem girl! Either you're eating crap, eating too fast, eating crap too fast, or too tight...you need to do something before you get hurt! BE CAREFUL!

OMG! I NEED SOME OF THAT HAIR!!! It's beautiful.

I have hair envy.

Big difference! Go Christie!

Done the death thing here too. Mom took forever to go and dad held on for a month. No fun at all.

Fortunately, I will probably be next and won't have to deal with the grief of losing my brother and sisters.

Bobbie, stress does all kind of things to your hormones and body. It's easier said than done but sometimes you have to say, "screw the small stuff" and "it's all small stuff.".

Bobbie-- Try and not eat at your desk, I know this sounds weird but if I eat sitting at my desk I get stuck, I don't leave for lunch but I go and sit at a table where I cant see my work because it makes me stressed.

Christie and Bob-- Its nice to see new pics of y'all! Plus Karen has a new one in the photo section in case anybody missed it.

Crystl-- I have hair envy too. My frickin hair is fine and thin and has to be washed every.single.day and is still stringy. :thumbup:

Denise-- I'm sorry about your family troubles, I wish there were something we could do other than wish you peace.

I am not losing, these last 10 pounds are a nightmare. I had started eating more on the days before I ran so that I have the energy to make it and I gained 2 pounds. So I started being very strict with calories during the day and then before I go to bed I eat 4 crackers with Peanut Butter for energy the next morning (keeping my calories at 800) and that seems to give me enough energy to make the run. Tomorrow I have to run 28 min. I barely made the last 25 min run but I'll try.

Curls by God, color by Gena....

Christie, the difference is amazing. Well done! It appears your relationship with Steve is a good one! :thumbup:

I am on vacation this week, yay! We are doing an "around the county tour." Camping a three campgrounds over the course of the week.

Barring any bad happenings at MIL's, all should be fun. Butters is all packed and ready to go!

Bobbie, WHY are you puking? Even if you aren't making the best choices, stick to proper band procedures of small bites, chew chew chew, and paying attention while eating (I added the last one). I am a grazer, also. My doctor doesn't have a problem with me eating several times a day, as long as it is planned foods and not brainless choices. Not that I always succeed, but it is a good goal.

Bob, we are going back to the fair today, maybe I'll try your liquid diet. :smilielol5:

Humming Bird, thanks for the good wishes about the family stuff. I have always been a realist, and I hate to see people delude themselves. My oldest SIL is 67. She is just now losing her mother, how fortunate is she to have had her all these years? And this SIL is truly a wonderful person. She goes over to Mom's every morning for a visit, takes her shopping every weekend. They are best friends. So, I understand how devistated SIL will be, but she does need to see reality.

My father was 67 when I lost him, my mother was 73. I come from a family of nurses (not myself), so there were no delusions that the end of life was upon them.

I suppose it is different in a family without any medical understanding....?

OK, enough rambling about my troubles.

Here's a good story....I take ambien to help me sleep. Sometimes I sleep eat (ignoring band rules, of course)--you know how the commercials say, episodes of activity with no memory of the event? So the other night I got up and ate part of a loaf of nice SOFT French bread. Well, guess who was stuck for over an hour! DORK! None of the usual unsticking tricks worked. :lol:

I haven't slimed and urped that much since shortly after I first experienced restriction.

So, had towels in bed for the slime. Hurled up a bunch of slime, MISSED the towels. Had to change the sheets at 10:30 pm.

I had a little extra restriction for a few days. What a moron. Hubby says he's going to start locking me in the bedroom at night.

And how was YOUR week? :lol:

Here's a couple recent pics of me with my sis, and me with the hub. From our trip to Sedona. That's Butters showing us his back!

I added them to my album a few days ago.

post-223146-13813139406128_thumb.jpg

post-223146-1381313940635_thumb.jpg