Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Thanks Christie for your words of encouragement. You are sweet. I posted this question in Fitness and Exercise section too but I thought I'd ask you guys too. After reviewing our budget and the fact that my pool is being reconstructed, we have decided that we have enough for me to join a fitness club. Can anyone recommend one. Remember I have Fibromyalgia and need the knee replacement so I need one with a pool. I live in Southern California. I'm interested in good and bad experiences. I'm going to research first, of course. I already looked into the YMCA in Newport Beach and it was pretty nice...three pools and only 45 a month. No contract. The only down side is that I don't think I'd get the training that goes along with just starting out...especially with my physical disabilities. I'm actually quite excited...Let me know...Dottie

Michael--Welcome to the thread!!! Way to go on your loss! You should be very proud!

Amy--glad your lil fill got you to a good place! Keeping my fingers crossed that it holds steady!

Denise-- LOLing at the a$$ gasket, but sorry to hear you got stuck at the meeting. Awesome that no one noticed. Palm Springs? You lucky dog!!! I would have soooo loved to have seen a clip of the karaoke night. Karaoke is tons of fun--especially when you're drunk! That's the only way I do it because my sister gives me crap about 'singing for real' when we go out, so I just stopped doing it until I get so drunk that it sounds like my tongue is tied to my freaking cheek LOL

HB--Wooohooo! Look at you in those lil jeans! Congrats!

Bob--congrats on your NSV too! The towel thing is one of the best feelings! It's the little things LOL

Leigha--love the pic of you. You look like such a runner ;-)! You continue to look AMAZING!!!

Betsy--haven't seen a recent update from you. Everything okay in your world? How's Mark doing? I see your Bugg updates on FB. You are burning some SERIOUS calories, chica!

Bobbie--haven't "seen" you around either. How's the new job? Hope you're still loving it!

Dottie--I'm glad the scale is moving again for you! 25 lbs to go? Woohooo!!!!!! Look at you, still working it even with being restricted with your knees. You should be very proud of yourself, girl! Please don't apologize for whining. I'm stuck at 165, 15 away from my first goal, 20-25 away from my 'secret' goal and all I can do is obsess and get pissed about the "gain 2 lose 1" cycle. It will happen, your body is just getting so close to where it needs to be it's giving you a little reality check. Believe me, your persistence and hard work will pay off. Unfortunately, the final stretch is just the longest is all. I hope you are recovering well. Take a pic of that puzzle when you're done!

Christie--how was your 'boyless' weekend? Do anything fun (not that weeding in the oppressive heat isn't LOL)? I bet you miss him though and you're ready for him to come home tomorrow.

Things are okay here, can't complain. I did fail my PMP exam on Friday, but it's cool. I'm actually very proud of myself. You need to be proficient in 5 out of 6 domains to pass and I was proficient in 4 out of 6, so I came really close. Oh well, planning for getting back on the horse already. No sense in dwelling on the past. Time to turn it around make some lemonade! Have a wedding this weekend in Cape May and I have gotten into a "new" old dress that has been sitting in my closet just waiting to be worn for 6 months. Fully beaded, sequins galore and a size LARGE!! Holy crap! I am so excited to wear it!

Hope everyone is doing well!

OK, not sure if this counts as an NSV, but I went to run today about 8:30 its probably 90 degrees. So I mapped out a 5K and I do the C25K and walk the rest of the way. I had finished running and was walking past the bank when I noticed that there was a Water spigot in the grass by the sidewalk with the cover off. So I stopped, got on my knees. and proceeded to wash my face and neck and have a drink. Then my neighbor from across the street pulls up next to the sidewalk, sees me and asks if I need a ride home! (Smartass!)

Okay. I did it. I got myself a bathing suit, swim cap, goggles, and went to the YMCA and got in the pool and swam...laps..4 of them. I know it's not much but I did it! Then I did the warm up on the stationary bike. I have an orientation on Thur. with one to one counseling on the equipment. I'm moving again and it's wonderful!!! Just had to share...Dottie

Dottie, way to go!!! Good for you- truly, you must be proud of yourself!

My news- I'm scheduled for a vertical sleeve June 22 pending insurance approval! Yikes! That's 2 weeks from today! I see the doctor Thursday- it will be my first time meeting him- he is the senior doctor in the practice, and the only one who does sleeves. He saw my hiatal hernia when I was in the OR 2 weeks ago, so he knows what he's up against. From what I hear, he's a real taskmaster, which I think is a good thing.

From what I can tell, living with the sleeve is similar to living with the band, minus the fills.

Please send good vibes out for the insurance approval for me!

Edited by AnneGG

Go Anne!!!! Congrats, I'm so glad it's all working out for you!

Dottie--I think the pool will be perfect for you! Congratulations.

Anne-- I hope the ins goes right through and keep us updated! I will mark my calender.

ETA: You will be the first person I know with the sleeve, you will have to tell us all about it, and not leave us for that "other" forum!

Good luck Anne. They approved your Lapband, they shouldn't have an issue with the sleeve.

Anne, I am praying for you!!! dottie

Wow, Anne and Dittie, It's good news from both of you. Great to hear!

Dottie, way to go!!! Good for you- truly, you must be proud of yourself!

My news- I'm scheduled for a vertical sleeve June 22 pending insurance approval! Yikes! That's 2 weeks from today! I see the doctor Thursday- it will be my first time meeting him- he is the senior doctor in the practice, and the only one who does sleeves. He saw my hiatal hernia when I was in the OR 2 weeks ago, so he knows what he's up against. From what I hear, he's a real taskmaster, which I think is a good thing.

From what I can tell, living with the sleeve is similar to living with the band, minus the fills.

Please send good vibes out for the insurance approval for me!

Yaay, Anne!!! SO exciting to hear! Like Leigha, I don't know anyone with the sleeve, so I'm very interested to hear all about it! Fingers crossed your approval comes in quickly and everything goes smoothly! You're in my prayers!

NSV!!!!!!!!! WOOO! Last night I was looking for clothes to wear to work today and buried at the bottom of one of my drawers was one of those pairs of jeans that I bought slightly too small forever ago and maybe fit into for about 5 minutes so even though they're probably something like 7 or 8 years old they still look brand new. Being that before I was in a tight 24 or a loose 26 I didn't these shiny new 20's (small 20's :tt2:) would fit. And as I started sliding them up my legs I thought to myself "You're just setting yourself up for some disappointment. Wait another month or so!" but those 20's kept sliding on all the way up over my butt and lo and behold, the button and the buttonhole were united easily and I jumped for joy and ran around the house screaming like a little girl! I scared my poor puppy. He ran under the bed. :smile: And my husband just laughed at me but I could tell he was happy for me :thumbup: I've been in them all day and they are sooo comfy! :thumbup:

Yay Amy! Way to go!!!

Anne, here's hoping! Do you know if your insurance covers a sleeve? At last check, mine does not. Please keep us posted. And like Leigha said, don't up and leave us for that "other" forum entirely! We are still in the same battle.

Whoo Hooo ! AMY ! I love finding stuff in drawers and the closet that you think will be too tight and then they fit!! It's a good feeling!

I have been having a very strange feeling ........

I feel like I am wearing someone else's skin and that person wears a bigger size. It is really driving me crazy! (I know, I may have already been halfway there)