Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Okay had my first stuck/PB episode so I guess I have been initiated into true bandhood! I have read hundreds of post on PBing but oh my goodness, when I it happens to you!!!! It happened at church--good thing because I thought I was going to die and meet my maker, and praying that I would not vomit. I could not breathe and thought oh well they could eat and just go right into my funeral although the apron I had on was not what I planned to wear for that final day. Let me tell you, because I was serving at a luncheon, I broke two band rules that I have followed THAT I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN. One I was trying to eat and still move around instead focusing on the food and sitting and eating (I was still serving and just was going to eat a piece of chicken breast to just get a little Protein until I could sit down and eat). The next rule broken instead of concentrating on chewing I was talking. The pain that hit me, shortness of breath--I knew this was bad. I bolted to the bathroom all the way in the back because the other was where the luncheon was going on. Call me Flo Jo, because I made it to the back in seconds.

Now explaining to my husband and sisters what PB ing was harder lol Enough about me-I guess you can tell I have been traumatized lol but in a good way--Lesson learned!

Dottie--glad to hear you are doing well

Crystl--thanks

Bobbie--:thumbup: back at you

Too funny!! I'm sitting here reading your post and laughing out loud...sorry...I know it was horrible but way toooo funny...lol

Too funny!! I'm sitting here reading your post and laughing out loud...sorry...I know it was horrible but way toooo funny...lol

No Dottie--I am laughing now--my bolting across the sanctuary in an apron and my stabbing the chicken before throwing it in the trash because it was just sitting on that plate mocking me:lol:

Edited by shadst8

PB, slime, pain and vomit........ what a crude way to learn our lessons. A few episodes and we do learn though. Of course I need a little reminder every now and then.

Good morning everyone! Good news I have tomatoes! And gardenias and hydrangeas, my back yard is beautiful and shady, and full of mosquito's.

I have started week 4 on C25K, yesterday I ran 3 min two times and 5 min two times. So I ran 16 out of 32 min. I am getting stronger and I am happy about that but I am not losing weight. I am seriously considering taking a break from trying to lose. I am at a good weight right now I would just like to get rid of some fat pockets but apparently not bad enough to work harder. I know that if I want to lose more I am going to have to do one of three things,

A) Workout harder.

:) Workout longer.

C) Eat less.

But I just don't want to. I guess as I progress in the C25K , I will work out harder but that is all that I want to commit to right now and expecting better results without more work is silly. So maybe I am saying I give up, and I am going to just maintain here, at least for a while. :tongue2:

post-281008-13813139314205_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139314497_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139314807_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139339792_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139340313_thumb.jpg

Hey, all! :) I'm enjoying reading all your posts, and I wish I could reply to them all. I'm glad to hear all of your successes -- go, all y'all!

I had a 1 cc fill (#4) on Thursday! Had some OMDog Moments in the last two days. One moment was trouble eating a turkey sandwich. I try to avoid bread anyway, but I was on a kayak trip & eating quickly at a pull-over beach stop. I had to walk away from the group. I kept it down but it was scary. REALLY learning how to eat now with this band (I'm at 6ccs). I felt lost for these last few months there, like I didn't have a band. Be careful what you wish for, right?!?

I do okay for Breakfast and lunch, but I do fall into ruts because I like EASY. I usually eat yogurt and cottage cheese for lunch. When it comes to dinner, that's where I lose control. Pasta still works for me and I have this feeling that I should enjoy it now while I can, so I eat what I KNOW I should not. :tongue2: I'm really letting myself down with the carbs at night. Anyone have some quick, easy dinner ideas to keep me away from pasta? Does anyone have a good quinoa recipe to share? I love quinoa and don't eat it enough!

Edited by sawyer77
Had to fix a typo! Zoinks!

I've never had Quinoa . I've thought about it MANY times. Just not sure how to cook it, or what to do with it !!!! :tongue2:

Hi Everyone, i was banded on the 18th of may, i get my first fill june 16th getting excited that everything is finnaly on its way since the 18th i have lost 10 pounds, cant wait to get closer and closer to my goal..

Well, I'm finally in bandster hell! :unsure: One, the scale hasn't moved in a week and two, I'm finally getting those horrible hunger pains (no, not pangs...these friggin HURT!) that everyone talks about during this wretched time. I thought for sure I could fight this and as long as I got in enough Protein I would be ok. Nope! It did a sneak attack! I'm JONESING for fill #2! June 4th would be a month since my 1st fill but my surgeon doesn't have anything sooner than the 8th.

I know this is normal but please, I just need to read it. Tell me that as long as Im exercising and eating right that the scale WILL move again, especially after my next fill. I'm so afraid of becoming one of those people who will come here a year from now and say I haven't lost anything else, or worse, have gained it all back and then some!:biggrin:

I've never had Quinoa . I've thought about it MANY times. Just not sure how to cook it, or what to do with it !!!! :biggrin:

I have a bag of it sitting in my pantry for a while now. I bought it but I'm afraid to try it. :unsure:

I did see on Dr. Oz, they made turkey meatballs and used quinoa instead of breadcrumbs. Maybe I'll try that.

Well' date=' I'm finally in bandster hell! :unsure: One, the scale hasn't moved in a week and two, I'm finally getting those horrible hunger pains (no, not pangs...these friggin HURT!) that everyone talks about during this wretched time. I thought for sure I could fight this and as long as I got in enough Protein I would be ok. Nope! It did a sneak attack! I'm JONESING for fill #2! June 4th would be a month since my 1st fill but my surgeon doesn't have anything sooner than the 8th.

I know this is normal but please, I just need to read it. Tell me that as long as Im exercising and eating right that the scale WILL move again, especially after my next fill. I'm so afraid of becoming one of those people who will come here a year from now and say I haven't lost anything else, or worse, have gained it all back and then some!:biggrin:[/quote']

Amy-- I promise you-- you WILL start losing again!!!!!! Believe me, it sooo doesn't seem like it, but you will. And I don't believe I am saying this (ME of all people LOL), but you WILL get the restriction you need to get rid of those nasty hunger pains and to help you get to your goal!!!! I just had my 4th fill last week, Miss "I don't feel anything" and I am actually THRILLED to say I almost couldn't get through my bowl of cream of wheat just now!! I finally have that feeling everyone talks about! It's been 7 months and I NEVER thought it would happen! Hang in there!! If you get hungry, have a muscle milk light or a light cheese stick to get you through to your next meal. Don't let yourself go hungry because "it's not time". That's the best advice I can give until you get restriction.

Hang in there!!!!!!! It will get better!!!!!

Amy-- I promise you-- you WILL start losing again!!!!!! Believe me, it sooo doesn't seem like it, but you will. And I don't believe I am saying this (ME of all people LOL), but you WILL get the restriction you need to get rid of those nasty hunger pains and to help you get to your goal!!!! I just had my 4th fill last week, Miss "I don't feel anything" and I am actually THRILLED to say I almost couldn't get through my bowl of cream of wheat just now!! I finally have that feeling everyone talks about! It's been 7 months and I NEVER thought it would happen! Hang in there!! If you get hungry, have a muscle milk light or a light cheese stick to get you through to your next meal. Don't let yourself go hungry because "it's not time". That's the best advice I can give until you get restriction.

Hang in there!!!!!!! It will get better!!!!!

Thank you SO much! I needed that. :biggrin:

I brought a bunch of hard-boiled egg whites to work with me today to grab when the hunger demon strikes. So far it's helping. I do need to run out and get some cheese sticks, though. I'm wondering if maybe I'm eating too much or maybe too little. I try to keep a calorie deficit of between 1000 and 1200/day but I'm taking in about 1400 calories/day. Maybe that's too much for me. Could my deficit be too large? This stuff is all so damn complicated. I just hope I can get it right one of these days. *sigh* :unsure:

Thank you SO much! I needed that. :biggrin:

I brought a bunch of hard-boiled egg whites to work with me today to grab when the hunger demon strikes. So far it's helping. I do need to run out and get some cheese sticks' date=' though. I'm wondering if maybe I'm eating too much or maybe too little. I try to keep a calorie deficit of between 1000 and 1200/day but I'm taking in about 1400 calories/day. Maybe that's too much for me. Could my deficit be too large? This stuff is all so damn complicated. I just hope I can get it right one of these days. *sigh* :glare:[/quote']

IMHO, I don't think it's too large of a deficit. Even though the BB recommends higher intake for some of us (mine is 1450 according to it), I try to keep it lower and still live like I'm banded (LOL), so I try to keep my intake no higher than 1200 (my deficit is like 1400-1600 per day) and I have kicked that plateau in the a$$ :unsure:!!! I know Leigha had a similar issue where she followed the intake guidelines the BB suggested and she actually gained 2 or 3 lbs, so you might want to try to adhere to the calories burned and just take down your calories a little bit (to 1200 or 1250) and see if that works for you.

I know--it's sooooooo confusing. But when we hit our groove---LOOK OUT!!!!! :thumbup:

Holy wow! I have been kind of out of pocket since last week (took a couple of days off to hang out with the kids, do doc appts, get the house in order, etc.), so I am just catching up now, so here goes....

Bobbie--you are just too sweet! No matter how long I'm gone I think of everyone here often too and how much the support I get here means. I honestly don't think I would have had much success without it. I'm so glad you're loving the new job and everyone's so great. You were due for it :-)!!!!

Shamma---My GOD, girl! You look wonderful (not only on the outside!) You have a happiness, a glow coming from the inside that just takes over your outside!! I'm so happy for you!

Crystl--91 lbs!!! YAAAAY on the scale victory! And AWESOME NSV as well! Hubbies aren't the most sensitive creatures (but they *do* notice). Easy to be miffed, but I know you're just on top of the world with all the success you're having! You have done an AMAZING job!!! Glad that .1 cc was just what you needed!

Leigha--I'm so glad everything worked out with the tenant. I can't imagine the feeling you had inside walking over with those papers (and the relief you felt after you got the reaction you did). SO glad for you! Your garden looks gorgeous! LOVE the hydrangeas!

Stacie--welcome back! You were missed!

Anne---YAAAAY on getting the letter! I am sure you are feeling the reality of everything (OMG, tomorrow is the day, isn't it????) SO excited for you. And don't worry about the stinking scale. You will be in Onederland before you know it! I will be thinking of you!!!!!

Jacki--- I hear you about being careful what you wish for with this thing. It's been 7 months that I've been eating whatever the heck I want without incident and BAM! NOW I get what everyone is talking about! How is your fill doing for you now?

Betsy--how is the restriction? Are you borderline sweet spot or sneaking up on it? I've been wondering how it is going because I know you were so close.

Denise--how are you feeling girl?

So, NSV---I was out shopping with my daughter and Old Navy was having a bathing suit sale (gasp). We have a pool and my last swimsuit was a 22/24, so I knew I needed something to wear this year in the pool and they were having a $19 sale, so I grabbed an XL off the rack along with the million other items my 4 year-old got me for (LOL) and off we went. I got home to try it on and IT WAS TOO BIG!!! HOLY CRAP! I have NEVER been a Large anything!!!!!! So, imagine my happiness when I went back to the store and told the clerk, "I just want to exchange this for a SMALLER size." :-) :-) :-) Of course, they didn't have the sexy black one in a L, but I got the same style in brown and the fact that it wasn't in the color I preferred didn't upset me too much because the smaller size SOOOOO won over that disappointment!

And my HUGE announcement.......I HAVE RESTRICTION!!! Dare I say, I'M AT MY SWEET SPOT!!!!! That .4 ccs I got on Thursday has already kicked in (which is weird because it usually takes much longer) and I get it! I mean, the "I better not take one more bite" feeling! The chest feeling! The possibility that I might not be able to finish something feeling!!! After 7 months of waiting for it, it's here!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well! So excited for the long weekend coming up. I miss being home with my kiddos already!!!!!

Woo-hoo! Quick update! 200.5- almost Onederland- and day 14 of 14 pre-op- and I didn't cheat once- kudos for me!

So- tomorrow- D-day! Wish me luck!

Thanks, Karen- and all of you!

Woo-hoo! Quick update! 200.5- almost Onederland- and day 14 of 14 pre-op- and I didn't cheat once- kudos for me!

So- tomorrow- D-day! Wish me luck!

Thanks, Karen- and all of you!

Good luck tomorrow, Anne! Can you believe it's here and it's finally happening?! :unsure: Even after surgery I still couldn't believe what was going on. I'm so happy I did it, though and I'm sure you will be, too. :glare:

I called my surgeon's office to see if they could squeeze me in for a fill somewhere between the 1st and the 4th. I originally was given an appointment for the 8th but was hoping for the 4th since that would have been 4 weeks exactly since my 1st fill but the 8th was the soonest they could give me. Well, when I called today I told the receptionist how hungry I have been and she squeezed me in at 10:30 am on the 4th! :thumbup: So hopefully only 10 more days of bandster hell! That is, until it comes back again before my 3rd fill. :biggrin: