Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Leanne--I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

Leigha--congrats on breaking that plateau--141 is my freaking DREAM!!! Go you!!!

HB--I'm so sorry to hear that you're too tight. If you are having issues getting a shake down, I'd agree maybe an unfill would be best, especially since you're feeling so weak. Please keep us posted!!

Amy--I'm so sorry you lost your before pics! Did your doc's office take any? Like 1 or 2? I can't imagine how you feel. That's the one time that I would be SEARCHING for chubby pics LOL

Stacie--congrats on Onederland!! Believe me, my girls were about a 46DD and I'm now at a 38D and can shop Victoria's Secret, so sometimes we get lucky! Hoping this is the case for you!!

Betsy--how's it going?

Bobbie--New job still going well?

Denise--BP check--how goes it?

So, I am driving myself nuts right now. I weighed in at 164 on Sunday morning and I get up this morning, 2 days later after burning almost 3,000 calories (and taking in 1370) and I am up to 166 again. ?????? Honestly, I didn't make the best choices during the bbq smorgasboard, but I was still under my calories and WAY over my burn target, so what gives? I'm so bummed. My BB weigh in is tomorrow and I can't bear to put that I am the same as last week. I have exceeded all my freaking targets and have worked out every single day!! I don't even eat the full 1450 calories it tells me too because that just sounds too high. HELP!

Anyway, been going through a tough time these past couple of days --my hubby is so miserable (job related) and it's trickling over here to home. I barely see him, but when I do, he's battling with me constantly about stupid crap. I feel like a freaking dog whose owner comes home after a long, hard day to get a swift kick. Grrrrr......always some kind of drama. So here I am trying to manage all this stress and somehow trying to focus on studying for my PMP (Project Management Professional) exam. 4 hours, 200 questions, like the CPA exam, but for Project Managers. SCARY test that cost my company $400 for me to take (and an additional $250 for each time I need to retest). One dude that was in my PM classes already failed and he has been a PM for about 15 years now. SCARED!!!! Anyway, my test is THIS FRIDAY and I'm starting to freak out a bit because I'm running out of time and this $hit still reads like Chinese trigonometry to me!!!

Anyway, hope you all had a great Holiday weekend! They played the most beautiful rendition of "America the Beautiful" on Sunday at church and all I could do was cry thinking of my brother who is back in Afghanistan while I am enjoying my freedom and worried about gaining 2 lbs back in a day.....puts it a bit into perspective I guess.

Sorry for the rambling, guys!

Catching up (briefly--sorry for those I missed--but I am at work--sshhh:wink2:

Karen--it is frustrating--hang in there with your hubby too:smile2: Could it just be Water retention from excercise?

Lee Anne--sorry about your mother--you are in my prayers

Leigha--great job on the plateau kick

Denise--channeling positivity about your BP

Stacie--SUPER onederland!!

Amy--sorry about the pics--can you get some from family and friends?

Betsy--question about pantothenic acid--I know you take a supplement--do you find it helps with water retention as research and NUT suggested? I have bad edema around ankles and broken vessels. Trying hard to reduce my sodium to 1000 mg, get plenty of Protein, keep my carbs/sugar down/add whole grain, get my veggies and fruit, keep it low in fat, exercise, and get up and walk at work during the day to reduce swelling, and get in 64oz of water to help with my water retention--AND THEY HAVE A NERVE TO SAY WLS IS THE "EASY" WAY OUT:confused:

Hi, all!

Thank you so much for all the support, encouragement, and feedback! It has meant a lot.

I saw my doctor this morning, and he had some interesting things to say. He showed me pictures of my hiatal hernia- no wonder he couldn't do the band! He's turning me over to the senior doctor of the practice who has more extensive experience with bariatric surgery, including the vertical sleeve. I see him June 10- more hurry up and wait- and we'll discuss options then. I know for sure I'm not doing bypass, and I still don't know about the sleeve. My next surgery if I go ahead with it is June 22, and both doctors will be present for it.

Another consideration I have is that we have a trip booked and paid for July 3rd-13th- I hope that's not to early for flying and extensive driving. I know I'll probably still be on liquids, which shouldn't be a problem. Dunno about the stress of traveling, though.

I spent the weekend doing research, and people have lots of good things to say about the sleeve including minimal complications and no problems with malabsorption. Living with the sleeve seems similar to living with the band, but without the fills. Small portions, small bites, and chew chew chew! And of course exercise. That I can do, and have been doing. But I don't know about doing it on my own long term.

Hey! Pretty cool! I'm with you in Onderland, Stacie! Whee! Congratulations to both of us!

Karen- Good luck Friday! And don't go too nuts with the scale!

Leigha- I like your new picture!

Lee Anne, I appreciate you sticking to your diet even during such a stressful, painful time. Best wishes to both you and your mom.

Crystl- Good luck with restriction!

Amy- Sorry about your before pictures! Maybe someone else has one?

Bob being back at least a little while is bad-ass!

Anne--Good luck with the new doc! Onederland, whoo hooo!

Shammah--Water retention sucks! I hope it clears up soon.

Karen-- When I gain, as long as its under 3 pounds,I just say the scales are lying, I know that it will be gone in a couple of days. Don't stress too much. Sorry about the test, but you can do it, don't judge your success based on someone else's failure. Maybe he just doesn't test well. I always tell myself when I have to test for something, I am going to do well because I always do well on tests. Somehow this works for me, try it.

Amy--Sorry about your pics!

Crystl--Get an unfill as soon as you can. Being too tight sucks, I did it for 10 days a couple of months ago, :rolleyes: this is how I looked.

Bob-- I am so jealous of your guy metabolism. Did you "fix" your posts yet?

Stacie--Once again, Onederland, whoo hooo!

Guess what everyone, I got tomatoes!

However, something was eating the most ripe one, I say squirrel, Rob says bird.

And my day lilies are blooming.

I ate frozen custard last night and when I got up this morning the scales said I gained 3 pounds (lier) But even if I did it was really good and worth it! So to make up for it

I ran week 5, day 2 of C25K this morning, 2- eight minute runs, and Friday I am suppose to run for 20 MINUTES without stopping. (Which scares me but I will try.)

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. :rolleyes:

post-281008-13813139346877_thumb.jpg

post-281008-1381313934733_thumb.jpg

Karen-Sorry about everything that is going on with you! I do know that it is a fact that stress makes you up cortisol levels and makes your body want to hold on to the fat! Maybe just all this stress is the culprit???? And once things calm down you will lose that gain and then some :rolleyes:.

Anne-Good Luck! I have a FB friend who has had the sleeve. She seems to be doing well.

Guess what everyone, I got tomatoes!

[

This reminded me that I forgot to mention what I did this weekend...We went to a nursery and the guy was getting out of the fruit trees & plants....So we now have 3 grafted apple trees, 2 cherry trees, 6 blueberry bushes, & 2 elderberry bushes. Did I mention we only own between 1/4 and 1/3 of an acre? :rolleyes: Maybe I can retire and sell fruit lol. I will have ALOT of blueberries soon, but I am sure the birds will get most of them because I am not going to bother to net them.

I could not even drink my Protein Shake on the way to work today. I couldn't drink or eat anything. Even sips of Water gave me that stuck feeling. I was so weak from not really eating since Friday I called the surgeon's office and they got me in this afternoon. He thinks I must have ate something that caused some irritation and swelling. He took out .8cc and I will go back in a couple weeks to get some put back in. The drive to Denver and back sucked, but I had to get it taken care of. My BP was 90/65 this morning. I guess I should take it now and see what it is.

Crystl-- I'm glad to hear you had your unfill, I was worried about you getting dehydrated before Friday. I know it sucks for them to take so much out but they can always put it back. Take care of yourself, I hope you feel better.

I realized something weird this weekend while I was out on a jet ski with my 6 year old...for the first time in forever I don't feel hugely disgustingly fat. While I know I'm not a total hottie I actually felt comfortable running around in a bathing suit and (gasp) I actually waved and smiled at random boats filled with strange (and slightly drunk) men...and they smiled and waved back! My entire world where I sit quietly in the back row and try not to get noticed is being turned upside down! Thursday is my 6 month mark from the day I started the pre-op diet, last week I passed my 1/2 way mark of 67 pounds and am officially at 70 as of this a.m. I "only" have 64 pounds to go! I know it's still a long way but to have it be a realistic number feels sooOOOoooo good!

You guys are so totally awesome. I know I don't comment much these days but please know I"m in the background lurking and rooting for all of you, crying with your sorrows and laughing with you and occasionally at you :confused: You are the coolest and most encouraging group of people I have ever known.

And yay us for passing the 1000 comment mark! WOOHOO!!!!

Hey Humming Bird, Welcome to my world of the low blood pressure! It sure sucks, eh? ick! I never thought I would complain about my pressure being too low. sheesh.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Christie, yay for you!! Congrats on all the victories! Wowser!

Bob, smoking, huh? I quit years ago, must think on it. :confused: Thinking I'll have to pass, though.

I am in Palm Springs right now, facilitating a meeting. Better than working for a living, I suppose. Ok, off to bed I go. Hope all are well!!

Crystl-glad to hear you got the unfill before Friday as well! Leigha is right...the fill can always go back in, but if you get dehydrated then it would just set you even further back.

Christie-I SOOOOO know what you mean! I have been wearing shorts for the 1st time in about 5 years! And when we went to the beach I wore a bathing suit WITHOUT a big huge T-Shirt over top of it! My goal is to in the next 2 years...wear a bikini :biggrin:

I realized something weird this weekend while I was out on a jet ski with my 6 year old...for the first time in forever I don't feel hugely disgustingly fat. While I know I'm not a total hottie I actually felt comfortable running around in a bathing suit and (gasp) I actually waved and smiled at random boats filled with strange (and slightly drunk) men

Christie - You'll ALWAYS be a hottie to us !!! :-)

I have nothing interesting to post. I apparently did something horrible to a landlord in a previous life and now I am getting paid back. Karma is a bitch.

House 1)

Broken garage door $800

Clogged pipe for washing machine drain $100

House 2)

Refrigerator quit working, new one $500

House 3)

Roof leaking, $1600

Refrigerator quit $500

House 4)

Tenant gone, needs total repaint inside, supplies $300

6 window blinds & vertical blinds destroyed $150

Somebody remind me why I thought having rent houses was going to be a good idea. :Dancing_biggrin:

:wub:Today is a good day! I did not overeat or even want to with all the stress I am going through with my Mom being sick in the hospital. She is soooo precious to me. I am so grateful she is doing well today. I weigh 201 and my top weight 5 years ago was 267 and my LAP-BAND®®®®® start weight was 218.5. I am also sooo grateful for a normal mammogrram or "smashogram" as I fondly call them since breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. I am soooo grateful! Thank you God!

progress.gif

:wub:Today is a good day! I did not overeat or even want to with all the stress I am going through with my Mom being sick in the hospital. She is soooo precious to me. I am so grateful she is doing well today. I weigh 201 and my top weight 5 years ago was 267 and my LAP-BAND®®®®®® start weight was 218.5. I am also sooo grateful for a normal mammogrram or "smashogram" as I fondly call them since breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. I am soooo grateful! Thank you God!

progress.gif

That is ALL wonderful news! So happy things are looking up and your mom is doing better! :ohmy:

I'm going for my 2nd fill in an hour! :Dancing_biggrin: YAY!