Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

I have started week 4 on C25K, yesterday I ran 3 min two times and 5 min two times. So I ran 16 out of 32 min. I am getting stronger and I am happy about that but I am not losing weight. I am seriously considering taking a break from trying to lose. I am at a good weight right now I would just like to get rid of some fat pockets but apparently not bad enough to work harder. I know that if I want to lose more I am going to have to do one of three things,

A) Workout harder.

:unsure: Workout longer.

C) Eat less.

But I just don't want to. I guess as I progress in the C25K , I will work out harder but that is all that I want to commit to right now and expecting better results without more work is silly. So maybe I am saying I give up, and I am going to just maintain here, at least for a while. :biggrin:

Leigha, Sounds like your plate is already full with the C25K. I wouldn't name your decision as "giving up," but as "changing course". All things in good time. Enjoy the journey. :thumbup:

NSV Alert !!!!!

I've always used bath sheets, shince "regular" towels are skimpy, and stupid :-D Well, this moring, i actually wrapped a Regular towel around me - With NO peeking, gaps, or spaces !!!!

TOOT !! TOOT !!! :biggrin:

Well at least East Texas is never dull, I stopped behind this truck at a red light yesterday. If you have a dead animal in the back of your truck, can you at least close the tailgate?. Note the blood on the bumper and the "bulls balls" hanging down.

Bobbie--Skinny towels! Toot, Toot!

Willowcat--Thanks for the encouragement.

Amy--"Fake it till you make it" with the fills.:biggrin: Do you have Snacks? I cant make it without them, I get too hungry and then eat too much at night. A couple of well placed snacks will save me at dinner.

Anne--I will keep you in my thoughts for tomorrow. I bet your so excited!

Karen--Trying on a bathing suit, under those lights? WOW, your brave. I'm happy for your small brown suit!

Smiling--Welcome to our thread we are glad your here.

Shammah--Do you get a lot of time off for the summer? BTW, I don't think I have told you how wonderful your pic's are. Very impressive.

Jacki--Congrats on the fill, I guess you are going to have to school us on the quinoa. We eat grits here in the south. Pure carbs!

Stacie--Glad your back, even if you don't want to be here.

Crystl--You said you make some of your own clothes, does that mean you can downsize your clothes? That would be cool.

Everybody have a nice day!

post-281008-1381313934213_thumb.jpg

Big victory for me!!! I LOST weight on vacation (imagine Snoopy doing his Snoopy dance lol)!! I am now less than 4 pounds from ONEDERLAND!!! and less than 5 lbs from losing 50!!!! :unsure:

Bobbie and Karen-congrats on normal towels and too big swimsuits!

Anne-thinking about you and will say a little prayer that everything goes perfectly tomorrow! Keep us updated

Amy-my doc doesn't ENCOURAGE snacking, but told me to defintly eat one if I need it. I normally choose string cheese for conveniece and he said he has no problems with me using that as a snack. I find if I let myself get too hungry, thats the times I get stuck or PB. I guess eating too fast or not chewing enough because I am famished. And yes you will start to lose again.

Jacki-Have you tried either using spaghetti squash or zucchini instead of Pasta? I'll cook up a spaghetti squash now and then or if you thinly slice the zucchini and use it as lasagna "noodles" it is soooooo yummy!

Hope everyone is feeling good and doing great!!! :biggrin:

Well at least East Texas is never dull, I stopped behind this truck at a red light yesterday. If you have a dead animal in the back of your truck, can you at least close the tailgate?. Note the blood on the bumper and the "bulls balls" hanging down.

[ATTACH]19500[/ATTACH]

Bobbie--Skinny towels! Toot, Toot!

Willowcat--Thanks for the encouragement.

Amy--"Fake it till you make it" with the fills.:biggrin: Do you have Snacks? I cant make it without them, I get too hungry and then eat too much at night. A couple of well placed snacks will save me at dinner.

Anne--I will keep you in my thoughts for tomorrow. I bet your so excited!

Karen--Trying on a bathing suit, under those lights? WOW, your brave. I'm happy for your small brown suit!

Smiling--Welcome to our thread we are glad your here.

Shammah--Do you get a lot of time off for the summer? BTW, I don't think I have told you how wonderful your pic's are. Very impressive.

Jacki--Congrats on the fill, I guess you are going to have to school us on the quinoa. We eat grits here in the south. Pure carbs!

Stacie--Glad your back, even if you don't want to be here.

Crystl--You said you make some of your own clothes, does that mean you can downsize your clothes? That would be cool.

Everybody have a nice day!

LOL Leigha on the animal:lol: I mean really!

Thanks Leigha for compliment on pics! I actually run a reading program during the summer so I get about week off right after school gets out and a week before school--I know crazy, but I need the extra money for all my purchases! lol BTW--I do not think you are giving up. You look phenomenal and better yet, you are healthy and more physically fit--to me that is success!!!

Bobbie--Go girl

Stacie--way to go on vacation--that is a big deal

Karen--Yeah sweetspot!! Good for you and work that bathing suit!!!! Thanks for the compliment. Thanks to your guys, I am really working to change my life and outlook about eating

Amy--hang in there

Hey to everyone I missed and welcome any newcomers!!

[quote name=LeighaMason;1469309

Crystl--You said you make some of your own clothes' date=' does that mean you can downsize your clothes? That would be cool.

[/quote]

YES!!! Thank You Mom for teaching me to sew when I was a little girl ! I have been taking things in. I don't mess with the stuff that would be too complicated, but might attempt it at some point.

Anne ! Your big day is finally here! I will be thinking of you. Keep us updated when you feel up to it. See you on the other side ...... the banded side!

I must say, you group are wonderful, funny, motivating, knowledgeable, extremely enthusiastic and it's tough to keep up with you coming in mid stride. But I'm trying.....

Anne - Good luck with you surgery tomorrow, I don't think anyone could be as well prepared as you. Hope the next couple of days are as smooth as they can be. Fingers crossed.

Returned last night from a lovely weekend away and started the "soft food" stage. Everything went great. Followed the guideline and no problems.

First fill is in 2 weeks - a little apprehensive about "how much". Talked to the NP and she really couldn't tell if what, or anything is in the band now. I'll wait the 2 weeks and see how things go.

Katie

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I really appreciate it! :wub:

I guess I should have waited one more day before freaking out because the scale moved for me this morning. I'm down another 1.5lbs :laugh: I'm not going to change my ticker until Friday, which is my Bodybugg weigh-in day. Hopefully I'll be down a little bit more than that by then :smile2:

I know, I'm gready. :wink5:

I hope Anne is doing well!! Today was the big day, huh?! :blink:

Hi all.

I hope all is well. There ain't no way I am reading through 2 months of posts to find out.

The Farmville obsession is wearing off. I actually stopped playing all together on 1 of my accounts. I wasn't just absent here, I was going to bed late; slacking off on my dog-walking; late for work; etc...

It's been 12 weeks since surgery; had my second fill on Friday and I hope I am not being premature when I say, "I think I am at my sweet spot."

I've been getting stuck on a fairly regular basis and every time has been my own damn fault. I need to get over the compulsion of having to get that last bite in at whatever cost. The sliming may be fun but getting stuck is painful!

I'm at 244 with a total loss of 121 pounds. Twenty-six since surgery. I was stuck for about a month bouncing back and forth from 246 - 250. That finally broke last week. I didn't let it get me down at all. It's all part of the program. Nothing shy of a 10 pound gain is going to get to me.

The 244 has significant meaning to me. It is the lowest I got last time around before I gained everything back and I think it was the same number the time before that.

My old record of 108 pounds lost has been left in the dust.

I've been toying with the idea of going to a plastic surgeon for a consultation but I think I am going to wait until I drop another 25 pounds or so. That should be somewhere around my birthday and I can buy myself surgery as a present. It beats the 3 day stay in the hospital I gave myself last year.

Well, my fingers are getting tired.

I'll try and spend a little more time here than I have as of late.

Well, unfortunately, it didn't happen. My hiatal hernia was so large they aborted and closed me up again and sent me home. My only option now is a gastric bybass along with the hernia repair, which I'm not sure I want to do. It's such a big procedure. I see my doctor next Tuesday to discuss options.

However, while I'm very bummed, I will simply continue the work I have been doing.

Thank you for your support. What would you do in my case? Please be honest- I'm going to need to be getting lots of opinions.

Welcome back, Bob aka Mark, etc. We missed you lots!

OH ANNE honey, I have been checking to see how it went all day, I'm so sorry!:smile2: I have to think before I can give you any advice on any other procedure but I wanted to say, I could just cry out of frustration for you. But your safe and sound and back home so we will be happy for that.

Oh Anne, that just sucks! Why didn't they repair the hiatal hernia while they were in there? Can't they do the hernia repair, let it heal and then do the band?

Hmmm...... If it were me, I would toss the idea of by-pass around.

Bob, I was at my sweet spot for a very long time after fill #2. (I was a tad bit tighter than sweet for a long time really)

Oh Anne, I am so sorry! Keep up the good work, you're on the right track! I, personally, would go for the bypass, it's a bigger procedure and you have to watch for the Vitamin deficiencies and such but for me, again personally, being at a healthier weight was the goal, I preferred the band, but bypass was my back-up plan. Hugs to you for everything you've been through!

Bob, oh Bob, glad you are alive and backing off that damn game!

I am in the 220s for the first time since my sophomore year in college. When I started this journey I was shooting for losing 75 pounds my first year. I'm not was 65 and 2 weeks from my 6 month anniversary. So, I guess I'm going to aim higher and shoot for 100 the first year. Onederland here I come! (eventually!) I haven't been back to the doc since March when I got fill #3, I go on June 10th for my 6 month check up and unless something drastic happens, plan on having just a tad bit removed. I'm having more days where I can't tolerate solid food at all and am struggling to get my Protein in. While the soft/liquid diet has hyped up the weight loss, I'm pooped, have no energy, and am averaging 600-700 calories a day... I am never hungry, it is such a bizarre thing!

I don't have a body bugg, but its cousin, can't remember the name right now. I don't use it regularly but did when I first got it until I sort of got a feeling for what burns what...now I wear it off and on to keep myself honest. Pretty cool little toy.

Leigha, I want to be like you when I grow up.

Anne,

Sorry about the complications but being the contrarian that I am; I have to disagree with getting bypass unless you have already exhausted all other avenues.

It is permanent and dangerous. You'll be taking supplements every day for the rest of your life.

You're always welcome here for moral support.