Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

Hi everyone, hope all april bunnies are doing GREAT. This april bunnie is in hospital today for a blood clot. Doc said i will be here a few days. very scary. please send prayer. For some reason i keep putting my band date as the 12th but actually its the13th go figure. i went for post opt check up, had leg pain next thing test then admitted on bedrest:crying::laugh:

Oh Dear! Sending you lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!:thumbup:

Praying for you!

So if my banding is on April 20th, can I be an April Bandster Bunnie? :thumbup:

Im so excited, scared, determined...everything all wrapped into one!

And this preop diet has been tough but im sure its just one of my many challenges I will face, but with a wonderful end in site! :w00t:

Ive attached a picture of me at my starting weight 221lbs, and im 5'3.

Good luck Bunnies :laugh:

post-265417-13813139251505_thumb.jpg

Praying for you Rubie. Take care of yourself.

I went for my post op today (Banded 4/7) and my Dr. said all looks as if it is healing well. I have lost 13 lbs since my pre op texting on 3/24. I didn't weight the day before my surgery so I am using that date for start purposes. I have been released to a normal diet. I still have tenderness on the left side, which is a tad red. Dr. says this is normal as it is the larger incision housing my port. I go back on May 6 for my first fill. I really feel good and do not notice the restraints for eating. However, they are always in the back of my mind and I am eating differently now. I just came from Games night at our church and took my own juice. Ate from a fruit tray and very tiny piece of a soft cookie and had no problems. As I hate to throw up, I am really trying to be aware of everything and to chew, chew, chew. I have had no issues, just hearing others say that it has happened to them is enough for me. Plan to take it slow this week and next until my fill and I know what REAL restriction is. I don't want to give myself false hope and start eating things I know will be an issue. Thanks for listening, April Band Bunnies and GL to us all!

Praying for you!

So if my banding is on April 20th, can I be an April Bandster Bunnie? :thumbup:

Im so excited, scared, determined...everything all wrapped into one!

And this preop diet has been tough but im sure its just one of my many challenges I will face, but with a wonderful end in site! :w00t:

Ive attached a picture of me at my starting weight 221lbs, and im 5'3.

Good luck Bunnies :laugh:

Welcome Sassafras!! The more bandsters, the better, I say! This group has been invaluable to me before, during, and now slightly after the process. I am so grateful, and I look forward to hearing about your experience! Best wishes! Lori

Hi everyone, hope all april bunnies are doing GREAT. This april bunnie is in hospital today for a blood clot. Doc said i will be here a few days. very scary. please send prayer. For some reason i keep putting my band date as the 12th but actually its the13th go figure. i went for post opt check up, had leg pain next thing test then admitted on bedrest:crying::thumbup:

So sorry to hear about your blood clot Rubie. Sending a prayer your way. Keep your chin up.

Mellie

I went for my post op today (Banded 4/7) and my Dr. said all looks as if it is healing well. I have lost 13 lbs since my pre op texting on 3/24. I didn't weight the day before my surgery so I am using that date for start purposes. I have been released to a normal diet. I still have tenderness on the left side, which is a tad red. Dr. says this is normal as it is the larger incision housing my port. I go back on May 6 for my first fill. I really feel good and do not notice the restraints for eating. However, they are always in the back of my mind and I am eating differently now. I just came from Games night at our church and took my own juice. Ate from a fruit tray and very tiny piece of a soft cookie and had no problems. As I hate to throw up, I am really trying to be aware of everything and to chew, chew, chew. I have had no issues, just hearing others say that it has happened to them is enough for me. Plan to take it slow this week and next until my fill and I know what REAL restriction is. I don't want to give myself false hope and start eating things I know will be an issue. Thanks for listening, April Band Bunnies and GL to us all!

DJ,

So glad to hear everything is looking up for you. I go for my postop checkup on Monday. Still having some soreness, pulling and pain in the port area....but that sounds like par for the course. Congrats on the weight loss. It looks like I am down about nine pounds so far. Just started "mushies" yesterday and so far so good.

Mellie

Rubie- I am saying a prayer for you!! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I am three days out and finally starting to ween myself completely off my pain meds. I am still a little sore, but I am feeling much better. I am just now really starting to feel the shoulder pain I have heard so much about. A heating pad really does help tremendously. And on another positive note, I was able to sleep on my side last night! That felt amazing!!

djbabe - I'm 2 days behind you (April 9th) and I have my post op appt. on Monday. I also still have pain on the left side.....a tearing/burning pain coming from the port area and it's very bruised below and a little red around it. I did have an infection 2 days post op (very big red circle around incision), but called Doc and he prescribed antibiotics. I finished them on Thursday and the site is still a bit red. I was relieved to hear yours is still red as well......I was hoping that was normal and not the infection coming back. It's a lighter shade of red and isn't hot like it was the other day. I guess we all will have our own challenges, but it's nice to know your not alone. Good luck to you and everyone else beginning their journey!!!

Hi everyone, hope all april bunnies are doing GREAT. This april bunnie is in hospital today for a blood clot. Doc said i will be here a few days. very scary. please send prayer. For some reason i keep putting my band date as the 12th but actually its the13th go figure. i went for post opt check up, had leg pain next thing test then admitted on bedrest:crying::thumbup:

Rubie - I'm so sorry to hear you have a blood clot.....I hope by the time you read this that you have recovered. I am praying for you. Please keep us posted!!

Hi all! I, too am an April Bandster Bunny. My surgery was Monday, 4/12, and I am so thankful to have found this site! I hope I can join the gang a little late.

My surgery was at 7:30 a.m. and I was admitted into my room by Noon. I highly recommend staying overnight if you can. The care and attention from the hospital staff was AMAZING and it helped my family get a good night's rest before my coming home. I had a horrible headache from the anesthesia, which kept me in bed longer than I wanted (didn't get discharged until 7:00 p.m. on 4/13), and am now working through the gas pains. They really are uncomfortable! Moving is helping and I am trying to push myself to get out and walk.

I am not hungry and doing ok with my liquids. Looking for variety, but not missing texture yet. My doctor required me to get unjury Protein, which mixes really well with milk, broth, etc. and is making it easy to get my required 60g in each day.

I'd also recommend a little incision pillow to clutch when you need to cough, turn, etc. It has been a lifesaver as I am afraid to cough as hard as I need for fear of blowing my incision open (silly, I know) but the pillow helps.

I look forward to sharing this exciting journey with you all! After reading all of the posts, I feel like we're definitely kindred spirits!

Welcome to all the newly banded! It is a great place to be.

Ruby, please get better soon.

I have a cold today. Wondering how it will be different.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Rubie: Hope you feel better soon!

And congrats to all the newly Banded Bunnies!

Started my first day of mushies with a mushed banana for Breakfast and a scrambled egg for lunch. I feel full have a little bit of heartburn as my stomach gets used to this new feeling after 24 days of liquids!

Rubie- I'm so sorry to hear about your blood clot. I hope you will recover soon and get to go home.

I'm doing better today after 2 days of absolute misery. What changed? I finally figured out how to belch! So much relief now that I can do that. I had the absolute best tasting cream of wheat for Breakfast today, something I never would have touched pre-op but it was fantastic. I haven't needed pain meds for 2 days now but I keep waking up at night needing to belch, sigh. I have my post op appt on Monday and if all goes well I will get to be on mushies for 2 weeks, already planning my scrambled eggs.

Everyone, keep up the good work. We are on the path to success!!

I was told to take the outer bandages off two days post-surgery and then to let the strips come off on their own from the Water while showering.

Anyone else have suggestions for getting bandages off nicely? They said to take them off when steri-strips start peeling but I took off two and started bleeding?

I was told to take the outer bandages off two days post-surgery and then to let the strips come off on their own from the Water while showering.

My nurse practitioner took mine off at my one week post op appt. Two of them bled a little bit and she just put band aids over the bleeding part and said to take them off in a day or so. I did that and they were fine. Perhaps bandaid them if they bleed or just leave them on for a few more days to allow for a bit more healing. You don't hurt anything from leaving them on a bit longer. They are just rather unsightly. Also, they said the the edges pull up and catch on my clothes, just trim off the loose edges with scissors. Hope that might help a bit!

xoxo Lori