Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

We have the same date....4/22 was my surgery date as well. Have had several laproscopic (sp?) surgeries...so expected that abdominal discomfort...but VERY surprised @ the muscle pain & soreness I've had in both upper arms & upper legs. Unless I was belted down too tight on OR table??? not sure what else could be causing this. Dehydration maybe...but I'm drinking Water like crazy. No nausea or vomiting yet...thank goodness...dreaded that part.

Doing really good. Was traveling this weekend and ate a couple bites of burrito. Don't know if I didn't chew good enough or because it was fried but I had to pull the car over because I felt like I was going to throw up but just dry heaved and spit.

Would I be sliming if I haven't had a fill? I kept burping but nothing happened. It was about an hour after I ate it but my stomach really felt lousy. Memo to self, fried food is no good. It just looked and sounded good.

Any help would be appreciated.:eek:

Hey. My nutritionist says I can take sugar freeCarnation Instant Breakfast. It taste a lot better then the Protein Shakes. They have different flavors and its not so bad.

Good Luck to all of my fellow late April bandsters!! I am terrified but reading posts on here all day is making me feel better.

On a different note anyone here from Rubie (the one with the bloodclot?)

Hi Everyone! I was banded on 4/19 and am feeling great! My stomach is still really swollen and I have pain if I laugh but other than that I am doing great. I even went to Target and Ikea yesterday. Congratulations on everyone's surgeries! Cheers to this new journey we are all on!!

Congrats to recent surgeries and sending prayers and happy thoughts to those upcoming this week!!!

Started soft foods this week...doing well and eating pretty much anything that I want to. Just taking small bites and chewing like crazy. Today had a turkey wrap but they were so nice at the restaurant and chopped up the shredded lettuce really small and had no problems. I could only eat half and had the other half for supper tonight.

Last night I had pizza for the first time in two months! It was delicious. It was thin crust, so I ate the crust and toppings for the first half of the slice, then just the toppings from the outer portion. No problem there either. Stopped after that one piece and felt full and great. It tasted so good. It's so nice to just stop eating instead of wanting four slices!

I suspect that I need a fill if I'm able to eat that much at this point. I lost two pounds this week and am keeping up on my step aerobics nightly. Not sure if they give me my first fill at my 6 week check up, but that's when I'm due back at the doctors.

Thankfully, not having gas problems as some are...I just get the hiccups when I eat that last about 30 seconds. They make me laugh and it makes me eat even more slowly!

Hope to hear from Rubie...she's been on my mind too.

Take care all you very brave April Band Bunnies!!

oxoxo Lori

Thanks.

My date is April 13th. It will be here before you know it.:thumbup:

my date is 4/29 I am sooooooooo excited :smile:

I am scheduled for April 29th and boy am I having crazy thoughts one minute I am up the next minute I am down but overall I am a go ahead. I know this will not solve my problems but it makes facing them a whole lot easier. Just knowing I have support walking around with me gives me comfort. Anyhow I will touch base once it is over.

Kathy

I am scheduled for April 29th and boy am I having crazy thoughts one minute I am up the next minute I am down but overall I am a go ahead. I know this will not solve my problems but it makes facing them a whole lot easier. Just knowing I have support walking around with me gives me comfort. Anyhow I will touch base once it is over.

Kathy

Hang in there. The two weeks before surgery were a real rollercoaster ride emotionally. After the surgery was an emotional let down - the thrill was over, the adrenaline settling down, and some discomfort. I am almost 3 weeks out now and starting to stablize. I have lost weight and feeling good. It was all a whirlwind! I had doubts one day and was sure the next. I could not concertrate. I think everyone goes through that.

I have not had a fill yet, but I can't believe how much less I am eating and how little appetite I have. It is a miracle! I can easily pass up food I never would have before. It was worth all the stress, strain and pain! So far, I love being banded!:thumbup:

Hey how are the early April Bandster Bunnies doing? Have not heard from some of you in so long - Mammasugar, Ravyn, Montynic, Waynooo, Melliebelle, Twinslerely, Happytrucker - are you all still out there and doing ok? Would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello April Bandster Bunnies!

I had my surgery on April 23rd. It went very well I rolled into surgery at 6:30am and they were talking to my family at 7:15.. and I was home by 9am. I couldn't believe how fast it went.

Plus, I was very aware of stuff and could walk around very easily not like when I had my gallbladder out laproscopically. The gas pain was the worst.. and then the port pain kind of kicked in. I was able to do the liquid Hydrocodone for paid pretty regularly the first day but by the second day I was trying to just use liquid tylenol to take the edge off. I think the big key was walking it seem to help move the gas around. I couldn't believe how tired I was on Day 3. I slept a lot! Today is day 4 and doing good. It was great to now have Protein Shakes and yogurt stuff. The Clear Liquids for two days really sucked though. My stomach growls but I can't eat more then maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup. It is great! However I am already looking forward to mushie food so I have more options.

So far so good!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tera

Hey how are the early April Bandster Bunnies doing? Have not heard from some of you in so long - Mammasugar, Ravyn, Montynic, Waynooo, Melliebelle, Twinslerely, Happytrucker - are you all still out there and doing ok? Would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!

I was April 9th and am doing wonderfully!! I feel great and have lost about 25 lbs. since pre-op. I can finally sleep on all sides and stomach without pain.....I just wish I could go into my hot tub (Doc said to wait until week 4). I notice that I can eat more than they say and am starting to get hungrier....I hear my doc will do the first fill at 4 weeks - we'll see at my next appt. (4/26/10).

How are you doing??

I can finally sleep on all sides and stomach without pain.....QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear this. I toss and turn on most nights and this morning I am paying for it!!:scared2:. Port site is the only pain I have now. Congrats and let the hot tub countdown begin!!

I was April 9th and am doing wonderfully!! I feel great and have lost about 25 lbs. since pre-op. I can finally sleep on all sides and stomach without pain.....I just wish I could go into my hot tub (Doc said to wait until week 4). I notice that I can eat more than they say and am starting to get hungrier....I hear my doc will do the first fill at 4 weeks - we'll see at my next appt. (4/26/10).

How are you doing??

Really great! I has some redness and inflammation in my port incision, but they started me on antibiotics and it is healing now. Took out staples last week. UGH! Have now lost 30.6 pounds since preop, 7.6 of it since surgery!!! Yesterday was my first hungry day. I go in next Tuesday to see about a first fill. Everyday gets better. I love my band so far! :scared2: